Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!

Go down 
+4
AZWhitefeather
jamy
Matilda
Cynthia
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:31 pm

Matilda wrote:
You're right...the suggestion of a house Pigeon could go over like a ton of bricks. Shock
Ouch!! That wouldn't be good. Disappointed
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:15 pm

Bootsie! What a great name! Thanks for the update and the pictures. :)
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/PigeonFriend
Capuccino

Capuccino

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 7:25 am

I tried the mirror test to see if Bootsie might react like a boy or not.

He was scared of the strange white bird looking back at him and ran away Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~pidgie/index.htm
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 7:41 am

Oh...poor liitle bird.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 7:51 am

Capuccino wrote:
I tried the mirror test to see if Bootsie might react like a boy or not.

He was scared of the strange white bird looking back at him and ran away Smile
Bless his heart!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Capuccino

Capuccino

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 5:03 pm

Bootsie the Yeti Bird has been in the aviary for a few weeks now. I did have him back for a couple of weeks to monitor his weight, but he's doing fine at 340 grams. He is still a baby to me, though. He is just as cuddly and affectionate as ever, and somehow looks a little lost among the rest of the hustling bustling crew. He does give a little coo if another pigeon is too intrusive, but he has such a quiet voice and looks so harmless that they just ignore his efforts to be a 'big pigeon' Smile

Most evenings he has to be put to bed in one of the boxes, particularly as the nights are getting a lot cooler now. He would otherwise stay out on a perch when the others get themselves under cover for the night. He did do some exploration of 'pigeon towers', our under cover ranks of nest boxes, but I'm not sure he fully understands that's a good place for a Bootsie to be when darkness falls. But then, he's not a street smart feral or a homer versed in loft procedure. He knows what the food bucket is, however, and when the 'special' food comes round (the aniseed aroma trapping/conditioning mix) he'll be in it as soon as I walk in.

Here he is sharing the bucket with Cynthia's Little Angel, a sweet and delicate fantail. Angel gets her own bucket now, placed so she can take her time and eat as much as she wishes without disturbance. Bootsie stays in the other bucket as I walk around and dispense the mix - I just scoop him up when I fill the jug then place him back in the bucket.

Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! - Page 2 Sharing

Here, Bootsie investigates a nest box

Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! - Page 2 Bootsiebox
Back to top Go down
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~pidgie/index.htm
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 9:16 pm

I cannot believe someone would want to harm this lovely bird. Some people just do not respect animals and could care less what happens to them.

I'm so glad there are people on this site that love and respect all living creatures just like me.

Oh, and between you and me, the owner is an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2