Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?

Go down 
+9
AZJourney
Dolly
Teresa
pigeonwriter
Jenaka
NiteOwl
AZWhitefeather
Capuccino
Matilda
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 12:45 am

Hmmmm - are these pigeons making the chicken noises What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 106767 Is there some sort of cross breed Shock Holy Sheep!!

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Btw - what kind of green is that - I cannot recognize it - is it a sort of lettuce?
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:22 am

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:53 am

That fellow is up around my old stomping grounds. Right on
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 12:55 am

I like to clip some millet sprays to the wire in the aviary. I used to get mega millet which is really milo seed. Some of my birds went nuts over them. The store I got them from doesn't carry them anymore so I need to find somewhere else to buy them.

Since my birds have no access to grass, I was thinking about growing a flat of grass for them to nibble on. Perhaps oat grass or wheat grass. Grass is grown by people to make juices out of, they're supposed to be very healthy for you. I've done that for my cats in the past and they loved it. Sprout People
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/PigeonFriend
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 6:46 am

That's a Right on idea, Jen.
I can just see some of them taking turns lounging on the 'grass' as they nibble. :That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 6:43 pm

Hey, do you want another mad Idea/thought ?

I decided to medicate Piper against canker just to be safe, as we're in the middle of an outbreak, but she's very wilful and hates taking meds. Sooooooo... remember how she likes little bits of cornbread or cake rolled up into little balls? Guess what i'm putting inside them... That's too funny Wonderfully stress-free all round!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 6:59 pm

Utterly brilliant! Feeling great
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:05 pm

Great Idea/thought indeed, Teresa.
I'll bet Piper is none the wiser. :That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:56 am

Hehehe - who is more witty - YOU or the pijjies.
Isn't it wonderful that we still have a few more ideas than they have? :That\\\'s so f :That\\\'s so f
Imagine if it were the other way round Holy Sheep!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 7:12 am

pigeonwriter wrote:
Isn't it wonderful that we still have a few more ideas than they have? :That\\\'s so f :That\\\'s so f
* Imagine if it were the other way round Holy Sheep!!

* It would probably be 'payback' time for a lot of folks. Hip Hip Hooray
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 6:54 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
pigeonwriter wrote:
* Imagine if it were the other way round Holy Sheep!!

* It would probably be 'payback' time for a lot of folks. Hip Hip Hooray

Love that one! You're right! LOL.
Back to top Go down
Dolly

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 10:19 am

This is a funny thread. Hi there/Bye
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 10:32 am

PigeonWriter-

Picture(s)/video Your photos are just SPECTACULAR! You catch the very essence of these sweet LOVING beings... Bless you for that!

They are utterly BRILLIANT! Hip Hip Hooray

I like them all just," a little" --- Thrilled Can you tell! BRAVO to you! Celebrate
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:40 pm

pigeonwriter wrote:
Imagine if it were the other way round Holy Sheep!!

It IS the other way round! :eek: I just DON'T get it I have NO idea

She's got wise to my scheeming, and yesterday looked at the medicated crumb sideways, picked it up slowly, looked at me, then dropped it into the poo tray!
crazy
So I had to give her the med with no subterfuges. She's been sulking ever since. She actually physically turns her back on me! To avoid another confrontation today I gave her a smaller amount of food (not much more than she eats in one day) with the daily dose of med powdered and dusted onto the slightly oiled seeds.

However many good ideas I have, Piper is never far behind! Show me any pigeon keeper with good ideas, and I'll show you a pigeon that won't be easily outwitted... ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Peteysgrl

Peteysgrl

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:20 am

You know try as I might I have put out the greens and Petey wants nothing to do with them....I am going to try chopping them up like it was mentioned here and maybe that will work...but I did find something that Petey goes crazy for...I am sure it's a no no...but don't they all have something we spoil them with...well we had popcorn the other night during a movie...just plain, no butter type and I pinched off a small tiny piece of the white fluff....Petey was like a crack addict after that....he was so excited he shivered and then leaned his head all the way into the bag and started biting at the air when I put a piece in my mouth...he was actually BEGGING....well I had to cave in and gave him a little more...he was happy!!

I don't know how comfortable some of you have it in your house but sometime Petey will sit on my shoulder at the dinner table while we eat....yesterday he hopped down ran across the table and stoll a sunflower seed out of my husbands salad and ran back to my shoulder....he was so quick....it was hilarious.... What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 23878
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:29 am

[quote="Peteysgrl"]You know try as I might I have put out the greens and Petey wants nothing to do with them....I am going to try chopping them up like it was mentioned here and maybe that will work...but I did find something that Petey goes crazy for...I am sure it's a no no...but don't they all have something we spoil them with...well we had popcorn the other night during a movie...just plain, no butter type and I pinched off a small tiny piece of the white fluff....Petey was like a crack addict after that....he was so excited he shivered and then leaned his head all the way into the bag and started biting at the air when I put a piece in my mouth...he was actually BEGGING....well I had to cave in and gave him a little more...he was happy!!
I don't know how comfortable some of you have it in your house but sometime Petey will sit on my shoulder at the dinner table while we eat....yesterday he hopped down ran across the table and stoll a sunflower seed out of my husbands salad and ran back to my shoulder....he was so quick....it was hilarious.... What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 23878[/quote]

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 514260 YOU rock
Back to top Go down
Peteysgrl

Peteysgrl

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:32 am

Serioulsy you all you should have seen the look on my husbands face and the dogs...because they think its so unfair that he has an advantage over them on the food....we are crazy pigeon people....aren't we....
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:37 am

Peteysgrl wrote:
Serioulsy you all you should have seen the look on my husbands face and the dogs...because they think its so unfair that he has an advantage over them on the food....we are crazy pigeon people....aren't we....

That's what most call us. What they don't realize is that we are actually in an exclusive, bad bird club. Happy Dance

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 11:48 am

Great job You can't invite him to the dinner table and expect him just to watch. ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:01 pm

plamenh wrote:
Great job You can't invite him to the dinner table and expect him just to watch. ROTFL

How true. It's just so funny imagining the look on her husband's face...and the dogs.

Years ago I had a Peach Face Lovebird that loved to walk thoough the butter. Guests were always horrified. Years later, a Starling that would help himself to the food on plates...same reaction. It always made me laugh ...the thought still does. ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Naunnie

Naunnie

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:26 pm

I'm loving this thread! :bounce: Lots of great ideas. WeiPea is picky. I can't get him to try peanuts. First time I chopped them up, but he acted like they were too big. He acted more like "here mom... catch"! Tickled Pink When I first was adopted by him, he got peas and corn. Even though he is eatings seeds he still gets his veggies from my hand every evening. It's our special time. I love it/them I still make his yogurt balls too, but that's for his Sunday dinner. I'm experimenting with peanut butter balls. He just sorta picks at them. He hasn't made up his mind yet, but I wearing my catchers mitt just in case. :That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:29 pm

What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 359893 You go Petey!! What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 359893
Loved this story. What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 334215
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:43 pm

Naunnie wrote:
I'm loving this thread! :bounce: Lots of great ideas. WeiPea is picky. I can't get him to try peanuts. First time I chopped them up, but he acted like they were too big. He acted more like "here mom... catch"! Tickled Pink When I first was adopted by him, he got peas and corn. Even though he is eatings seeds he still gets his veggies from my hand every evening. It's our special time. I love it/them I still make his yogurt balls too, but that's for his Sunday dinner. I'm experimenting with peanut butter balls. He just sorta picks at them. He hasn't made up his mind yet, but I wearing my catchers mitt just in case. :That\\\'s so f

What are yogurt balls? Sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
Naunnie

Naunnie

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 1:19 pm

I came up with yogurt balls when I first got WeiPea in an attempt to get probiotics in him. I have no set measurements. I just take yogurt (the good kind with the good stuff in it!), add oats, brewers yeast, honey, boiled egg yolk, slow-cook grits, cream of wheat, all-purpose yellow cornmeal, mix it all together and form into pea size balls. Sometimes I add purred peas, and carrots. If my mixture is to wet, I'll roll the balls in ground dog food or bread crumbs. I started off making really small batches,(no spoilage) but I've bumped it up some because the dogs love them too! It's a good treat for Zoe after she gets her insulin shots. I'm experimenting with home-made butters (peanut, pecan and sunflower heart) in place of the yogurt now. I'm always a "mad scientist" in the kitchen!
WeiPea likes them a lot! I think it is because when he was learning to eat, he just thought it was some crazy kind of pea! Smile

P.S.Thanks for asking M. and if anyone sees something I shouln't be adding PLEASE tell me. I was really just winging it I have NO idea
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 1:53 pm

Sounds good. What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 142829
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next