Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?

Go down 
+9
AZJourney
Dolly
Teresa
pigeonwriter
Jenaka
NiteOwl
AZWhitefeather
Capuccino
Matilda
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 7:01 pm

This thread is tooo funny! Pigeons stealing seeds from salads, peanuts butter balls. Going into the bag of popcorn. You do know don't you.............................that all you guys are just What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 3 514260 ! :lol!: :lol!: Good post
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 7:19 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
This thread is tooo funny! Pigeons stealing seeds from salads, peanuts butter balls. Going into the bag of popcorn. You do know don't you.............................that all you guys are just What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 3 514260 ! :lol!: :lol!: Good post

Yep...we sure are and so are you! # 1 :That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 8:48 pm

Naunnie wrote:
I came up with yogurt balls when I first got WeiPea in an attempt to get probiotics in him. I have no set measurements. I just take yogurt (the good kind with the good stuff in it!), add oats, brewers yeast, honey, boiled egg yolk, slow-cook grits, cream of wheat, all-purpose yellow cornmeal, mix it all together and form into pea size balls. Sometimes I add purred peas, and carrots. If my mixture is to wet, I'll roll the balls in ground dog food or bread crumbs. I started off making really small batches,(no spoilage) but I've bumped it up some because the dogs love them too! It's a good treat for Zoe after she gets her insulin shots. I'm experimenting with home-made butters (peanut, pecan and sunflower heart) in place of the yogurt now. I'm always a "mad scientist" in the kitchen!
WeiPea likes them a lot! I think it is because when he was learning to eat, he just thought it was some crazy kind of pea! Smile

P.S.Thanks for asking M. and if anyone sees something I shouln't be adding PLEASE tell me. I was really just winging it I have NO idea

That sounds fascinating -- and yummy! What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 3 142829
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 8:17 am

Naunnie wrote:
I'm always a "mad scientist" in the kitchen!
WeiPea likes them a lot! I think it is because when he was learning to eat, he just thought it was some crazy kind of pea!
What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 3 Merlin-blue-wizard-shine

I can almost visualize you Naunie! Way To Go
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 8:55 am

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Naunnie

Naunnie

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 1:17 pm

Plamenh, That picture is beautiful. Really cool Now if I could just get it to twinkle on my printout!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 2:39 pm

Now that's a picture that will get your attention. What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 3 142829
I love it. What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 3 7471
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 7:31 pm

Great picture! Piper is fascinated too... I love it/them
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 11:08 pm

I'm glad that you like it, can I have one of your yogurt balls now, please. Smile
Back to top Go down
Peteysgrl

Peteysgrl

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:52 am

I know I think that Naunnie can start selling this stuff...market it as gourmet Pijy Food.I have to say I would love to be a pigeon in her house...it sounds like there is one pigeon out there that is getting to taste a lot more than the average bird!!

Way to go Naunnie...you are so creative!

Chef Naunnie, Chef to the Animals! Thrilled !!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:25 am

I'll have some without the dog food please. :lol!:
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:26 am

I have to admit that I have tried almost every food item that other people give their pigeons as treats and I have yet to find any that our birds go crazy over. I just DON'T get it

Every holiday that we celebrate the animals get their favorite treat & I would love to give the flock a treat too.

Is it that some pigeons just don't have a fav treat or can a pij forget a traet they love & I just haven't given the right one????

I really feel bad when all the other animals get theirs and the poor pigeons get extra straw.
( they love making their nests extra big!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:17 am

EgypSwiftLady wrote:
I have to admit that I have tried almost every food item that other people give their pigeons as treats and I have yet to find any that our birds go crazy over. I just DON'T get it

Every holiday that we celebrate the animals get their favorite treat & I would love to give the flock a treat too.

Is it that some pigeons just don't have a fav treat or can a pij forget a traet they love & I just haven't given the right one????

I really feel bad when all the other animals get theirs and the poor pigeons get extra straw.
( they love making their nests extra big!)

Have you tried the chopped mixed greens, Robin?
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:30 am

Robin, did you try the same "new" treat a couple of times subsequently? I have realized that pijjies are veeeeeery conservative if they don't know a new dish. F.e. besides Pete and Emma, no-one wanted to touch the choped peanuts - they "wrinkled" their nose (if they had one) at those thingies but now they are all crazy for it! nutter
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:39 am

Charis I've tried greens but didn't have any luck. Could it be because all the flights have grass growing in them & the pijjies get their greens from the grass?

Petra- Yep I have given each treat for a week sometimes 2 wks. atta time and always find the treats untouched! YUK
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:44 am

EgypSwiftLady wrote:
Charis I've tried greens but didn't have any luck. Could it be because all the flights have grass growing in them & the pijjies get their greens from the grass?

Petra- Yep I have given each treat for a week sometimes 2 wks. atta time and always find the treats untouched! YUK

I'm sure that's why...they are already getting their green thae natural way. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?   What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Treats Do You Give Your Pigeons?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3