Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Baby Pigeon Won't Peck

Go down 
+4
AZWhitefeather
Cynthia
pigeonwriter
Little Fledgling
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Baby Pigeon Won't Peck - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Pigeon Won't Peck   Baby Pigeon Won't Peck - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:43 am

Little Fledgling wrote:
Just to let you all know Tweaty has gone absolutely mad over warm peas.

He's wolfing them down (although I'm limiting them so he doesn't get too many). We started this morning and he was playing about with them. Picking them up and dropping them. So I offered one in my fingers and he took about 1 in 3 and managed to get them down his throat.

This afternoon I've tried it again, to excited shreeks and flapping of wings. He's snatched them from my fingers and wolfed them down, and then picked them up one by one very quickly and swallowed them as if it was his last meal.

On the up now - thanks so much for all your help. I'd never have got this far without all this advice.
Baby Pigeon Won't Peck - Page 2 23878

Sorry had to use that emoticon!
Wend.
xx
Baby Pigeon Won't Peck - Page 2 26340 That's great news, Wendy. Baby Pigeon Won't Peck - Page 2 142829

That's the way to make your Mom happy, Tweaty!! Eat all your vegetables. Baby Pigeon Won't Peck - Page 2 Icon_wink Baby Pigeon Won't Peck - Page 2 618836

Last edited by Fancyfeathers on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Baby Pigeon Won't Peck   Baby Pigeon Won't Peck - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:43 am

Little Fledgling wrote:
Just to let you all know Tweaty has gone absolutely mad over warm peas. He's wolfing them down (although I'm limiting them so he doesn't get too many). We started this morning and he was playing about with them. Picking them up and dropping them. So I offered one in my fingers and he took about 1 in 3 and managed to get them down his throat.

This afternoon I've tried it again, to excited shreeks and flapping of wings. He's snatched them from my fingers and wolfed them down, and then picked them up one by one very quickly and swallowed them as if it was his last meal.

On the up now - thanks so much for all your help. I'd never have got this far without all this advice.
Baby Pigeon Won't Peck - Page 2 23878

Sorry had to use that emoticon!
Wend.
xx

Way To Go ...I've never met a Pigeon that doesn't I love it/them warm peas!
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Baby Pigeon Won't Peck   Baby Pigeon Won't Peck - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:55 am

Mom has always something to worry about:
Tweety doesn’t eat…
Tweety eats too much…

Eh, life and kids…

I have NO idea
Back to top Go down
Cynthia

Cynthia

PostSubject: Re: Baby Pigeon Won't Peck   Baby Pigeon Won't Peck - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 11:32 am

I love those pigeon emoticons, too!

It is funny how baby pigeons, specially woodies, take to warm peas...not something they would find lying around in the wild! I rescued a wild fledgeling recently, and after I had fed him a couple he pushed my hand out of the way and started helping himself. They are also really useful, and healthy, for hand feeding sick birds.

Baby Pigeon Won't Peck - Page 2 789920
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeon-aid.pigeon.net/
Little Fledgling
Special Pigeon Angel
Little Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Baby Pigeon Won't Peck   Baby Pigeon Won't Peck - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 11:34 am

That is so true! His little crop looks nice and full ready for a good night's sleep! He will NOT stay in his cage now so we have to have him out in a room in the house (luckily hard floors and leather furniture!!) so he can get some exercise. His aviary will be finished soon hopefully.

I wonder if frozen sweetcorn warmed up would have the same effect Hmmm
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Baby Pigeon Won't Peck   Baby Pigeon Won't Peck - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:07 pm

Little Fledgling wrote:
That is so true! His little crop looks nice and full ready for a good night's sleep! He will NOT stay in his cage now so we have to have him out in a room in the house (luckily hard floors and leather furniture!!) so he can get some exercise. His aviary will be finished soon hopefully.

I wonder if frozen sweetcorn warmed up would have the same effect Hmmm

It might...worth a try. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cynthia

Cynthia

PostSubject: Re: Baby Pigeon Won't Peck   Baby Pigeon Won't Peck - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:13 pm

Quote :
I wonder if frozen sweetcorn warmed up would have the same effect Baby Pigeon Won't Peck - Page 2 641122

They like the sweetcorn too, we give them both for balance, but they prefer the peas so they are better for weaning them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeon-aid.pigeon.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baby Pigeon Won't Peck   Baby Pigeon Won't Peck - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baby Pigeon Won't Peck
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2