Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Our Adorable Phoenix (A.K.A Ivory)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Our Adorable Phoenix (A.K.A Ivory) Empty
PostSubject: Our Adorable Phoenix (A.K.A Ivory)   Our Adorable Phoenix (A.K.A Ivory) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 5:41 pm

I thought I would post about Phoenix to those of you who don't know him and update those of you who do.

Phoenix is an adorable white Ivory Ring Neck Dove. When he was only a month old he was attacked by 'something' that entered his cage, which was outside.

Sadly, his right wing was chewed off. He was not seen by a professional medical person, however did have the remaining part of his wing as well as some bone removed. He only has a couple little feathers remaining.
A month or so after the accident, I found out the owner was looking for a new home for him. Without hesitation, I offered to take him.

From a tiny ball of trembling feathers and completely untrusting he has blossomed into a very confident and outgoing little dove. He coos, laughs, greets me in the morning, 'helps' me clean his home and spends much of his day entertaining that sweet little dove he sees in his mirror. Tickled Pink

Everytime I see this little guy pigeon 1 I think of Phoenix. It reminds me of how he would look if he were able to fly. He has adjusted very well to a life of non-flying. Such a sweetheart.

It's so very important to make sure any enclosures that are used to house our birds be predator proofed.
Sadly, Phoenix didn't have that security. Disappointed

Here's the link to his picture, actually a comparison picture. :)
https://i.servimg.com/u/f65/13/45/71/18/2009-015.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Our Adorable Phoenix (A.K.A Ivory)   Our Adorable Phoenix (A.K.A Ivory) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:05 pm

Oh he looks so much better...like a different bird from when he came to live with you.

I'm glad you have him and I know he has a good life with you.

It all just so tragic because it could have been prevented. It's a long time for a Dove to live and not

be able to fly. It makes me very sad.
Back to top Go down
Kippy
Special Pigeon Angel
Kippy

PostSubject: Re: Our Adorable Phoenix (A.K.A Ivory)   Our Adorable Phoenix (A.K.A Ivory) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 9:19 pm

Our Adorable Phoenix (A.K.A Ivory) 2009-015
pigeon 1

Quote :
Everytime I see this little guy I think of Phoenix.
I agree!
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Our Adorable Phoenix (A.K.A Ivory)   Our Adorable Phoenix (A.K.A Ivory) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 12:08 pm

Wow! Phoenix looks wonderful. What a difference from the sad little bird of just a few months ago. Cindy, I'm so glad little Phoenix is with you. He has come soooooooo far in a short time. That just shows that you were the match he needed. You have done a great job with him, and it is wonderful that he is learning to trust again. So sad what happened to him, when it could so easily have been prevented. It is a good reminder for others to always keep birds in predator proof cages when outside, or anywhere else that a rat or something else could possibly get at them. When we own any animal, it is our duty to care for and protect them to the best of our ability. They are dependant on us doing that. If we cannot do that, then we shouldn't hold the life of that animal.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Our Adorable Phoenix (A.K.A Ivory)   Our Adorable Phoenix (A.K.A Ivory) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 12:25 pm

Yes, he's come around ten fold from where he was when he was brought to us. Smile

Such a tiny little thing with a great BIG voice. That's too funny
I can hear him wherever I am in the house. In fact, the other day I was talking to Chuck on the phone (I was in the kitchen) and he said who is that talking? I said none other than our little Phoenix. Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Our Adorable Phoenix (A.K.A Ivory)   Our Adorable Phoenix (A.K.A Ivory) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 11:33 pm

He doesn't looked stressed any longer. He looks content. Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Adorable Phoenix (A.K.A Ivory)   Our Adorable Phoenix (A.K.A Ivory) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Adorable Phoenix (A.K.A Ivory)
Page 1 of 1