Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix

Go down 
+10
Birdbarn
NiteOwl
Naunnie
Peteysgrl
Tech
pigeonwriter
wolfwood
Matilda
Teresa
AZWhitefeather
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Empty
PostSubject: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:08 pm

Phoenix is going to tell his own story.

I am a small white Ivory ring neck dove and I look just like this. Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 735397 Well almost.
I was born on June 30th, 2008. I lived outside in a cage with my Mom and Dad.
The day before I turned 1 month old I was attacked. I don't know what attacked me because it was dark outside.
But I do know I was hurt terribly. When it got light I looked to my side and my wing was gone. I was very scared.

Why did this happen to me
?
It happened because my home was not secure. Something was able to get a hold of me and hurt me a lot. I was very sad.

I need to go to the doctor.
I waited all day thinking I would be going to the doctor. But I didn't. Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 319297
The next night I was taken to someone who worked on me. I was scared because I didn't know what was going to happen.
My wound was washed, then some bone was trimmed (Ouch) and then my wound was stitched up. I only got really scared when they stitched my skin.

I recovered, but I was very afraid of people.
Three months had gone by and although I recovered from my attack my other owner said I needed to go live somewhere else because I would shake when they came up to me.

Good bye Mom and Dad. I love you!
On September 24, 2008 I was taken to my new home. I tried not to, but I would still shake. My new owner told me not to worry, that everything would be OK. And I would never have to go to another home.

Learning to trust again.
Cindy, my new Mom, would (and still does) talk to me and love me all the time. And when Chuck was home he would (and still does) love me lots too. I liked that (and still do).
My shaking began to disappear, just like magic.

Life is great.

I have a great spot in the AZ room. I can look out to the backyard and watch the wild birds playing. I can even see the ducks swimming in the lake.
I am always being entertained by Beautiful (he is a very big bird) who coos a lot and Little Dove who talks a lot too. And I like to talk to them too.
I help Cindy clean my home by standing on the little broom. Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 893919
I will even hop on her hand now and I'm not even scared.

Accepting my disability.
I only have a feather where my wing is supposed to be, but it's OK.
I can't fly but I love to sit on my ladder and talk to my mirror.

I love my home. I love my family. But I need help with one more thing.
Cindy told me all of you are pigeon angels, so maybe you can help me.
Please spread the word on how important it is to keep pet birds safe.
Please do whatever you can to help prevent another pigeon or dove from having to go through an attack like I did. It hurts and it makes us cry inside.

Thank you.

Cindy and I would like to share some pictures of me.
We do want to post a WARNING about the second picture.
It is very sad, but we felt it was necessary because it's an important reminder of why everyone should protect their pet birds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:24 pm

This is me the day of my attack

Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 2008-044

This is where my wing used to be

Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 2008-045
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:28 pm

Happier Days!
I'm watching some of the wild pigeons outside.

Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 2008-047

I just love talking to my mirror
I know it's pink, but Cindy didn't know I was a boy.

Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 2008-049
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:33 pm

I like to help clean. Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 893919

Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 2008-110

Although my wing is missing I am a SURVIVOR!!

Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 2009-034

I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for loving pigeons and doves and taking care of us.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 6:52 am

OMG, you brave little dove! Smile Very sad Smile
I hope everyone who reads your story will make sure that never happens to any other pet.
Lots of love to you, Phoenix, for being such an inspiration, and to your mum Cindy... for the same reason! Pigeon angel Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 9:04 am

I remember that awful day we all hear Phoenix had been attacked and how so many of us pleaded that he get veterinary attention, even offering to chip in to pay the bill obnly to have been ignored. It still haunts me.
Sweet little Phoenix looks amazing and the pink mirror is perfect because he is a survivor.
Back to top Go down
wolfwood
Special Pigeon Angel
wolfwood

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 10:51 am

Matilda wrote:
I remember that awful day we all hear Phoenix had been attacked and how so many of us pleaded that he get veterinary attention, even offering to chip in to pay the bill obnly to have been ignored. It still haunts me.
Sweet little Phoenix looks amazing and the pink mirror is perfect because he is a survivor.

OMG...Phoenix's old home was with someone who actually should have known better??? And had the resources of all these other bird-folk? Just imagine what would happen to a bird in the same situation in the hands of a human WITHOUT resources!!! STUPID HUMANS!!! Makes me crazy!!

Phoenix, your story is wonderful ... well, it ends that way, anyway. You and your kindred spirits are such tough little souls!! We are so blessed to have you to learn from.
Back to top Go down
http://4winds.zenfolio.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 11:36 am

Matilda wrote:

* I remember that awful day we all hear Phoenix had been attacked and how so many of us pleaded that he get veterinary attention, even offering to chip in to pay the bill obnly to have been ignored.

** It still haunts me.

* And two very qualified, and affordable, vets were recommended. Each only 15 minutes, tops, from where he was.

** It does me as well.
The attack was horrific enough, but what was to follow was equally as horrifying.
And the manner in which the events that took place were explained, makes my blood boil to this day.

That little trooper definitely had the will, and a purpose, to live. Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 803589
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 11:55 am

Oh my Cindy, I hardly can believe this. And this little brave bird survived? Incredible! He looks so sweet, like a real little angel. All white doves and pigeons look like angels.
I dare not to imagine how I would have felt if I had seen this wound and still the bird lived. It hurts so much to even look at the photo. How terrible - it makes me tremble Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 3:08 pm

This made me cry Cindy. (I'm holding my tears right now, am at work). I didn't know they would survive that kind of serious wound. God Bless You! and cute Phoenix, the great survivor!!!
Back to top Go down
Peteysgrl

Peteysgrl

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:30 am

OMG...I am crying too....what an amazing story of what can be healed and overcome with love....

pigeon 1
Back to top Go down
Naunnie

Naunnie

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:44 pm

Well Cindy this story got me too :( but my heart is just racing with how WONDERFUL the outcome has been. Thank you for sharing Phoenix's story and the message behind it. Way To Go
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 11:09 pm

Indeed Phoenix's life started out on a very sad note but he seems to have overcome all the sadness and pain.
In fact, he is so vocal now I can hear him wherever I am in the house. Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 573503 And I love it. Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 334215
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:07 pm

Cindy, thanks for posting this, as a reminder to people of what can happen. And of how important it is that we make things as safe and secure as we possibly can. Although I knew Phoenix story, when I read this, it still put tears in my eyes. So much for such a little sweet bird to go through. Such a brave little thing. I'm glad he is with you. He is in the perfect place for him to be. God has a way of finding matches for his lost or injured creatures. And I think that little Phoenix was blessed in finding such a loving Mom. She had to be a very special kind of person to help him to get past the pain and trauma that he had suffered. God knew that you were that special Mom for His little dove. Thanks for posting this, and thanks for being the kind of person that you are. God Bless!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 7:58 am

Although it is somewhat of a grim reminder. It's a very important one none the less.
I'm thrilled the way Phoenix has adjusted, in all aspects. Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 98152
Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 401707 He's just a little doll baby. Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 73518
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 6:24 am

Cute Dove Cindy, you are a wonderful story teller. I have tears in my eyes as I type this. Cute Dove

It truly is amazing what you have done for this bird. And, how this bird wants to live even with her disability.

Her set-up is idea with the window looking out. She is just beautiful and so very lucky to have you.

You get a big hug from me. :That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:02 am

Birdbarn wrote:
* Cute Dove Cindy, you are a wonderful story teller. I have tears in my eyes as I type this. Cute Dove

** It truly is amazing what you have done for this bird. And, how this bird wants to live even with her disability.

Her set-up is idea with the window looking out. She is just beautiful and so very lucky to have you.

*** You get a big hug from me. :That\\\'s so f

* I appreciate the compliment, Joe. Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 458406
In this instance I thought it would be appropriate for the story to be told from Phoenix's perspective.
The events that took place are documented and very lengthy, so we decided to condense his story.

I've had issues with a few people in the past regarding unethical (IMO) practices.
When addressing them, I would point out, among other things, that the pigeon must be going through extreme discomfort/pain. The response I would get in some cases was, 'Oh the pigeon isn't feeling any pain'.

I guess some have the mindset that if a pigeon doesn't actually produce tears, then they must not feel pain. Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_rolleyes Hence, Phoenix's reference that when pigeons and doves are hurt they cry inside.

** His 'mental' recovery was a joint effort and we mastered our goal. Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 226817

*** Hug returned. Gotta love hugs! Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 573503
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 11:26 am

A hug from me too Cindy - and everything that Joe said is true!!!!! I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them

Last edited by pigeonwriter on Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 11:30 am

I don't even wnat to think about what may happened to Phoenix if Cindy hadn't taken him.
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:55 pm

I just DON'T get it Hey Phoenix, sorry for the gender mix up. You are just so pretty. I just DON'T get it
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 11:39 pm

Why thank you Petra. Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_flower
And to you, I also return the hug. Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 458406
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 11:42 pm

Matilda wrote:

I don't even wnat to think about what may happened to Phoenix if Cindy hadn't taken him.

It definitely would have been a scary thought! Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 11:50 pm

Birdbarn wrote:
I just DON'T get it Hey Phoenix, sorry for the gender mix up. You are just so pretty. I just DON'T get it

That's OK, Joe.
Chuck and I are always referring to him as 'she'. He's just too darn cute.

The other day while I was cleaning the inside of his home, he decided to clean the outside by picking up any loose feathers he found. Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 893919 Such a helper he is. Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 334215

Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 2009-036
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 5:06 am

That's too funny Phoenix knows you keep a clean house. That's too funny

His feathers cover-up the lost wing very well. He looks very tame and happy.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:37 am

Birdbarn wrote:

That's too funny Phoenix knows you keep a clean house. That's too funny

His feathers cover-up the lost wing very well. He looks very tame and happy

Yep he sure does. This is probably what I look like to him, going from the AZ room to the aviary. Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 16862
If only I could move that fast. Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 573503 Only in my dreams. Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 2378

He has one little feather that sticks out a bit. His missing wing is obviously noticeable, but not that bad really.
He'll gently peck at my fingers and hop on my hand once in a while now. A complete turn around from when he arrived. The fear factor is a thing of the past. Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix 766985
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix   Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Triumph Overshadows Tragedy * The story of Phoenix
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next