Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

I'm desperately in need of help.

Go down 
+8
Teresa
pigeonwriter
Birdbarn
jamy
AZWhitefeather
EgypSwiftLady
Matilda
Jackie\'s Mom
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:05 pm

Louise it was so nice talking with you on the phone this evening Happy Birdy is one handsome fella! Happy
Thanks for posting the photo.

After speaking with you & I have decided to stager three perches, 1 ft., 2ft. & 3 ft. and about a foot apart so that Birdy will be able to get a bit higher whne he's in the flight.

I have also decided to attach wire ramps to a couple of the low, 2 ft. off the floor, nest boxes. This will make it easier for him to get in & out of one.

Birdy will be a muscle bird in no time once he starts chasing the hens around the flight and I think he may just surprise you in his flying ability. I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 142829
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 12:52 pm

Hello Everyone,

I called and ordered the boxes that should arrive at Louise's home by the end of the week.

ESL- Birdy's new living situation is idea with all the perches and wires. He looks very healthy. Chasing some hens should get him in better shape.

Birdbarn-Joe
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 12:55 pm

Thanks Joe, for taking care of getting the boxes to Louise. I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 373866
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 12:57 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Thanks Joe, for taking care of getting the boxes to Louise. I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 373866

I agree! I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 373866 I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 514260
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 12:59 pm

EgypSwiftLady wrote:
Louise it was so nice talking with you on the phone this evening Happy Birdy is one handsome fella! Happy
Thanks for posting the photo.

After speaking with you & I have decided to stager three perches, 1 ft., 2ft. & 3 ft. and about a foot apart so that Birdy will be able to get a bit higher whne he's in the flight.

I have also decided to attach wire ramps to a couple of the low, 2 ft. off the floor, nest boxes. This will make it easier for him to get in & out of one.

Birdy will be a muscle bird in no time once he starts chasing the hens around the flight and I think he may just surprise you in his flying ability. I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 142829

That sounds great, Robin. I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 526287
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 2:43 pm

Joe..........Thank you so very, very much for arranging to have the boxes sent to me. I will be watching and waiting for them.

I have been truly blessed with all the concern, kindness and generosity extened by the membership here. This is truly the most wonderful forum I have ever been a part of. Thank you, John, Cynthia, Cindy, Charis and all the others who were instrumental in the setting up and establishing this site. It is truly amazing.

What Robin is doing to customize Birdy's housing is amazing. Birdy will be soooooooo happy. I can't wait to see him with the other pigeons and chasing Pinky and the hens around. It has been heartbreaking watching him on the back patio in his cage, while he watched his mate and the other backyard birds, knowing that he could not rejoin him. This is going to be the rebirth of Birdy...........finally he will have a sense of some freedom and be reconnected with other pigeons........I cry just thinking about how happy he will be.

Again..........Thanks to all here that is making this micacle possible.........there are not enough words to express my appreciation.

Louise
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 11:15 am

Very moving thread Circle of Love and another amazing story. Thank You circling
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:25 pm

I gave Birdy a bath today. I told him he had to preen up the feathers to get himself looking good for all the ladies at his new home. He is such a sweetheart, very easy to handle for an adult feral. I can't wait to see him romping around with pigeons again. He has been so lonely. What a miracle this has been for both me and Birdy.

Regards,
Louise
Back to top Go down
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 3:54 am

Jackie\'s Mom wrote:
I gave Birdy a bath today. I told him he had to preen up the feathers to get himself looking good for all the ladies at his new home. He is such a sweetheart, very easy to handle for an adult feral. I can't wait to see him romping around with pigeons again. He has been so lonely. What a miracle this has been for both me and Birdy.

Regards,
Louise

You must be torn between happy and sad at seeing Birdy go, you obviously love him so much.
It must make it easier to know you will always be able to hear how he's going on and enjoy the fact he's completely safe from now on.

A miracle indeed. Circle of Love

Janet
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:00 am

Yes Janet it will be bitter-sweet, but the best possible solution for Birdy.

He was an adult, with a mate and a flock when he was injured. It has been heartbreaking watching him longing to be with his mate and the other birds from behind the barrier of the cage door. I so much wanted him to fly again so he could rejoin them.

I feel totally confident that he will have a wonderful life with Robin and her birds and I know she will keep me updated and provide me with pictures in the future.

Again, this is a miracle for both me and Birdy.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:52 pm

I've just heard from Louise that shipping Bird to Robin will cost $32.35. If you can help with a small donation, please let me know through private message or post here.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Matilda wrote:
I've just heard from Louise that shipping Bird to Robin will cost $32.35. If you can help with a small donation, please let me know through private message or post here.

I just sent you a pm. I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 458406
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:15 pm

I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 753594 I got it.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:35 pm

Louise,

I'm so sorry you've had so much sadness and problems in your life recently! And having to part with your birds must have added to that! I remember way back the incredible effort you made to stop your local ferals from being lured onto the street and run over. You deserve a whole lot better from life, and I hope and pray that your health and your situation improve.
Group hug

In the midst of all this, it's a blessing to know that Birdy and the youngsters will be safe and loved, and that you will be able to have news of their progress.
And you're right: this site is Heaven for pigeon lovers! Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:03 am

Teresa.............These birds are all from that same feral flock. They are no longer in the street. It took some time, but I have them all trained to feed in my backyard. Approximately 100 of them. I haven't had a bird run over in the street in months........Thank God.

However, I have encountered new problems with the neighbors. A guy with the BB Gun.....the one who got Birdy. And my neighbor directly behind me that has thousands of the the spikes up on his roof. I believe that is how my little bird with the eye injury got hurt. Most of the birds have learned to stay away from the spikes, but this little one was only about a month old........just learing to fly, and must have flown head first right into them.

I do my best to protect them and care for them, but until we can change the minds of all the people that hate them, these birds are always in jeopardy.

Louise
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:00 pm

I totally agree with you. There's a lamentable lack of respect for life, and when pest control companies start spreading their malicious lies, every bully thinks it's not only his right but his duty to harm them.
My next door neighbour has an air rifle, too. Except I heard it go off and knew exactly what it was. (When my brother and I were teenagers, we used to do target practice.) So I ran outside and... see for yourself:
https://pij-n-angels.forumotion.net/discussion-of-pigeon-predators-and-harmful-encounters-f24/predator-caught-on-camera-t541.htm

As in Portugal, I believe that in most US states it is illegal to fire a gun in a residential area, so it's well worth asking what your local laws are.
God bless you for your efforts on behalf of pigeons! Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:01 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Matilda wrote:

I just sent you a pm. I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 458406

Count me in. I'll text you Charis.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:22 pm

Thank you Jo.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: "Birdy" is ready for his new home   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 2:07 pm

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have coordinated everything with Robin (egypswiftlady) to have Birdy shipped to her this coming Monday.

I am preparing Birdy's shipping box by putting a cut to measurement piece of carpet padding in the bottom of the box, and then having a really thick towell on top of it. I want Birdy to have plenty of cushioning for his trip. I will also be placing a cucumber cut in half in the box with him should he require any moisture. The box will be marked with magic marker will all contact info as well as on the shipping label.

I have checked the weather forecast for his destination and they are forecasting clear, sunny skies with the temperatures between 45/50 degrees through the middle of the week.

I will be delivering Birdy to the main post office here in Vegas at 2:00PM on Monday. His flight is schedueled for 4:00PM. They have told me he should be delivered to his destination by 3:00PM on Tuesday. I have spoken to Robin and she said she has had birds delivered to her before, and her post office calls her immediately when the birds arrive.

So all conditions seem right, but I am still so nervous..........I will have no peace of mind until I know Birdy is safe and in Robin's arms.

I will update again, when Birdy is on his way.

Thank you again to everyone who helped make this miracle possible.

Louise
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:15 pm

Hi Louise,

I believe you can track birdy's progress through the USPS website. You just need a tracking number off the shipping box.

I have received many birds via USPS from New York and Florida without a hike. The folks at my post office are the best. That's why I give them a See's candy box each year.

I'm so pleased everything is moving along so well. You deserve some relief from all the pressures you have been under.

A huge hug from me. :That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:03 pm

Jackie\'s Mom wrote:

I am preparing Birdy's shipping box by putting a cut to measurement piece of carpet padding in the bottom of the box, and then having a really thick towell on top of it. I want Birdy to have plenty of cushioning for his trip. I will also be placing a cucumber cut in half in the box with him should he require any moisture. The box will be marked with magic marker will all contact info as well as on the shipping label.
Just be careful there is nothing he can get a nail caught on, or any threads that can get wrapped around a toe. Even a little fraying on a towel can unravel. I learned that the hard way. I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 44767

I hope Birdy has a safe and fast trip. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/PigeonFriend
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 9:56 am

Jen..........You are so right. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

I will find a nice soft and warm piece of fleece to put in the box instead.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:10 am

Very good point, Jen.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 4:29 pm

BIRDY IS ON HIS WAY TO ROBIN!!!!

I just returned home from bringing Birdy to the main post office. He is now on his way to his new forever home and mommy Robin.

I was so sad to put him in the box, he was scared, but soon settled down and seemed comfortable. I made it nice and soft for him in the box.

I will greatly miss him, but I know this the best for Birdy. He has been so lonely. I can't wait to see him back with other pigeons enjoying himself.

The Post Office has reassured me again that he will be delivered to Robin by 3:00PM tomorrow.

His voyage can be tracked at www.usps.com
His tracking no. is:EH 940778138 US

Again, sincere thanks to all who made donations and made this happy ending possible.

Regards,
Louise
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Thanks for the update Louise. I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 458406

Birdy
May you have a safe journey to your new home,
Be rest assured, you are not traveling alone.

I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 803589 I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 803589 I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 803589 I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 803589
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm desperately in need of help.   I'm desperately in need of help. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm desperately in need of help.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pigeon Angels :: Pigeons and Their Friends :: Open Your Heart and Home, Adopt a Pigeon and/or Dove-
Jump to: