Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city Empty
PostSubject: How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city   How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 10:42 am

Today I found this in my email - how freaking is this? Seeing red/mad Seeing red/mad Seeing red/mad

----------------------------------------------
http://forums.manhattanbirdclub.com/post?id=3796269

Subject: Bird shooting

This incident happened on 11/01/09 last Sunday.The name of the company i'm referring to on the email is Diamond Pressure washing, their # is 281-221-2217 ans 936-827-0303.

Mel and New York club,

My husband went to the grocery store this evening. On his way back he saw a pressure washing company truck parked in the drive thru of Bank of America, the one on Clear Lake City Boulevard, well he was
horrified to see one of the guys who works for the pressure washing company shooting the pigeons that live under the roof of the drive thru with a bb gun!!! My husband rushed home to let me know, then i grabbed the camera and told me that he saw one of the guys shooting the pigeons and he also saw how they guy dumped a pigeon by the ditch behind Bank of America. The guy had they gun under his coat, obviously so nobody could see exactly was doing.
Once we got there, i started shooting a video with my camera. The guys denied everything, i acted like i was leaving, then my husband who had stayed behind approached the guys and confronted them, the
guys got nervous and told hubby that there were some young guys shooting birds earlier!!! hubby told them they were lying, because he saw when the one of the guys shot one of the birds. I filemd the whole thing and got the name of the company and license plates and everything.
I don't think people are allowed to shoot in the inner city, not sure how the laws work here in Texas, or in Houston, but what those guys did makes me so freaking angry!!! I'm pretty sure Bank of America is not aware of that. I went to their website and didn't see a "leave your comments" area, do you happen to know who i can send the video and comments @ Bank of America? They shouldn't hire people like that, i'm sure they were hired to pressure washed the drive thru not to kill the birds!!!
On the second video when they guy is calling my husband telling him "sir, sir" he confesses what he did. Too bad i didn't record that! It happened while a was getting the name of the company and the license
plates!
I'm not able to send you the video, been trying all night last night and today and it just doesn't go thru.
Please let me know who to contact or what to do, I don't want this SOB's to get away with murder....
Thanks,
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city Empty
PostSubject: Re: How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city   How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:21 am

OMG! :eek: That is worse than terrible!

My first thought is did this woman go to the ditch behind the bank to see if any of the pigeons could be helped????

I would call the bank first thing Monday morning and ask for the corp. phone number and tell them about the video & what happened.

Robin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city   How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 7:36 pm

One of the first things will be to read the New York City Code, because I believe that to discharge a firearm in a city is illegal (unless you are a police officer).

I found a reference to the Phoenix City Code, for comparison, and it is very likely the laws in NY will be much the same:

Sec. 23-42. Discharging firearms, BB guns and slung shots prohibited; exceptions.
It shall be a misdemeanor for any person to negligently or purposely discharge any firearm, BB gun or slung shot within the City, except:
(a) In necessary self defense.
(b) A law enforcement officer in necessary performance of his duty.
(c) For the purpose of target shooting or practice on a range operated by qualified personnel. Qualified personnel shall consist of either a certified firearms safety instructor, rifle or pistol marksmanship instructor certified by the National Rifle Association, or person designated by a rifle or pistol club, public or private school or military agency.
(d) For the purpose of target shooting on private premises with air, spring or CO2 operated BB, pellet guns or slingshots, providing:
(1) The target area is enclosed in such manner and with materials that will stop the projectiles.
(2) Such target shooting is supervised by an adult at all times.
(3) Any safety precautions recommended by the Chief of Police are complied with.
(e) In an area recommended as a hunting area by the Arizona Game and Fish Commission and approved by the Chief of Police. Such area must be posted as required by the Chief of Police and may be closed at any time by the Chief of Police or the Director of the Game Department.
(f) Where a permit is issued by the Chief of Police.
(g) In defense of property from damage by animals or birds, providing property owner obtains permit from Arizona Game Department or United States Fish and Wildlife Service, and the taking of such animals or birds is properly supervised by the Game Department or the Fish and Wildlife Service or a person designated by either of those agencies to assure the safety of surrounding property owners.
(Code 1962, § 27-17)
State law references: Discharge of firearms, A.R.S. § 13-3107.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city   How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 9:18 pm

I am so sorry, Petra, but somehow I missed this thread this morning. How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city Icon_cry

This just sickens me to the core. How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city 64198

Since the incident happened a week ago, I'm wondering if the couple followed through with a complaint and what the disposition might have been.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city   How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 7:11 am

I don't want to shock you by publishing these kinds of messages but I think the more you make it public and the more it gets read by people the more pressure will be put on the officials by the public hopefully so that this kind of crime will be terminated finally.
Also I find that companies who deal with living creatures like that should be pilloried. This is the only way to stop it! YUK
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city   How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 8:01 am

pigeonwriter wrote:

I don't want to shock you by publishing these kinds of messages but * I think the more you make it public and the more it gets read by people the more pressure will be put on the officials by the public hopefully so that this kind of crime will be terminated finally.

Also I find that companies who deal with living creatures like that should be pilloried. This is the only way to stop it! YUK

* I agree. As hard as it is to stomach, being made aware of these horrendous acts is important if we are going to do what we can to expose these people and eliminate their unacceptable behavior. And as you say, put pressure on the officials that have the power to stop it.

These low life's would love nothing better than to go by the old adage, 'Out of sight, out of mind'.

I would be very interested to know what the outcome was of this incident.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city   How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 9:53 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:

I don't think anything has happened yet, Cindy. I had a look at the forum, and the poster (handle 'Venus') only posted about this on the 7th, though the incident happened on the 1st. One of the members actually queried the delay, and there were lots of answers with good advice. Let's hope it will be followed.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city   How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 10:55 pm

Teresa wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:

* I don't think anything has happened yet, Cindy. I had a look at the forum, and the poster (handle 'Venus') only posted about this on the 7th, though the incident happened on the 1st.

** One of the members actually queried the delay, and there were lots of answers with good advice.

*** Let's hope it will be followed.

* Oh brother. How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city Icon_rolleyes You're right, Teresa.

** I believe I would have asked the same question.

*** I hope so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city   How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How freaking is this - pigeons shot by a cleaning company in the middle of the city
Page 1 of 1