Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Halo has a broken leg

Go down 
+8
pigeonwriter
Jackie\'s Mom
AnnieBirdy
EgypSwiftLady
Matilda
NiteOwl
AZWhitefeather
Teresa
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 1:16 pm

THE SPLINT IS OFF!!!!! Thrilled Thrilled Thrilled Hip Hip Hooray Celebrate Happy Dance

Halo went back to the vet's today, for her follow-up X-ray and the fractures have healed! I'm beside myself with joy! Happy Dance Woo hoo
But she has lost a lot of mobility to the joint, because of the long period of time with her leg fixed in the healing position.

She's to take it easy for a week, to give the new bone tissue time to harden up a bit more, and so she can get used to start using that leg. After that, there will be physio to see if we can get some mobility back.

I was so worried that her leg wouldn't set... this really is the best of news! Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 373410
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 2:48 pm

What a great update. Thanks. I'm hoping you will be able to get more mobility in that leg in time. But for now, the fact that it has finally healed is wonderful. Let us know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 4:19 pm

Woo hoo Woo hoo
This is wonderful news, Teresa!! Hip Hip Hooray Hip Hip Hooray

You and Halo did good!! Pigeon angel Universal hug Pigeon angel Circle of Love

Please keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Great news Teresa Celebrate Celebrate Hip Hip Hooray Hip Hip Hooray Happy Dance Happy Dance

Considering her original prognosis with the possibility of amputation it just doesn't get any better than this. Completely healed Woo hoo Woo hoo

Louise
Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 789920
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 10:17 pm

Jackie\'s Mom wrote:
Great news Teresa Celebrate Celebrate Hip Hip Hooray Hip Hip Hooray Happy Dance Happy Dance

Considering her original prognosis with the possibility of amputation it just doesn't get any better than this. Completely healed Woo hoo Woo hoo

Louise
Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 789920

I agree, Louise. High 5
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 6:45 pm

Thank you all! Thank You
She's been very cautious, and I haven't seen her try to stand on that leg yet, but then again the vet said that rest is still advised.
Oh, look at that, she's preening her bad leg!! I bet that feels good... Happy
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:20 pm

Teresa wrote:
Thank you all! Thank You
She's been very cautious, and I haven't seen her try to stand on that leg yet, but then again the vet said that rest is still advised.

Oh, look at that, she's preening her bad leg!! I bet that feels good... Happy

That's a positive move. Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 116281
Yes, I bet it does feel good to her. Wink
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 9:39 pm

Here she is, without the splint, after her bath, eyeing the camera with suspicion!
Two toes on the ground, that's a good beginning!

Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 DSCNB8754-rc412

Bath time is perfect for a little hydrotherapy! I put in enough water so her feet barely touched the bottom and supported her throughout. She enjoyed wiggling both legs, as she didn't have to put any weight on them.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 8:55 am

Cute little thing. I hope she gets some of that mobility back in the joint. Hydro therapy is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 1:00 pm

Halo is looking great, Teresa. Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 116281
I also agree about the hydrotherapy. Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 142829
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:30 pm

Halo can now stand on both legs! Great job Happy Dance Happy Dance

Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 DSCNB8885-r500

And she's managed a few steps too, though she doesn't bend her 'knee'.

But I'm still concerned about that lower fracture. The vet did say that it wasn't as well lined up as the other one, and that the splint had caused a little wound from rubbing (now totally healed), but I don't like the colour of the joint, and it looks swollen, so I'm thinking of starting her on a new course of Baytril. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 11:06 pm

It's great to see Halo standing on both legs, Teresa. YESS!! Happy Dance Thrilled

Does the joint feel warm to the touch?
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 2:29 am

Ah Teresa - this thread of yours read like a thriller again. I am sooo glad that this story seems to have a happy ending. Halo is a remarkable bird, apparently with a strong will to recover and roam pigeon land again with her friends. And she has found you, the true pigeon angel.

Teresa - one day you will certainly have a place in heaven with all the good karma you have already collected helping the feathered angels. They could not have a better friend and loving caretaker Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 983488 Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 983488 Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 983488 Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 983488

Sending further healing prayers for Halo!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 7:03 am

shes just too cute! i hope everything goes well with her poor birds been through a lot but at least she has a second chance at a good life Smile
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 7:41 am

I totally agree with you both, Petra and AnnMarie. High 5
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 6:46 pm

Thank you so much!
Petra, you make me blush... there are so many people here who have helped lots more pigeons than I have... and who probably go unrecognised because they don't even have the time to post about it!

Cindy, the joint doesn't feel warm, it's just the colour and size of it that worry me.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 6:53 pm

Teresa wrote:
Thank you so much!
Petra, you make me blush... there are so many people here who have helped lots more pigeons than I have... and who probably go unrecognised because they don't even have the time to post about it!

Cindy, the joint doesn't feel warm, it's just the colour and size of it that worry me.

That's good. If it were overly warm than my first thought would be infection.

I'm wondering if the joint won't be a bit larger, due to the injury.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 3:32 pm

Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 373410 Halo bent her knee today for the first time, right after her hydrothetrapy session! YESS!!
Her knee joint had been looking progressively better, and now the colour is perfectly normal. It's still a bit bigger than the other, but I guess that's just because of the slight overlap of the bones.
She's doing really well Feeling great and she's still trying to court Hercules behind Piper's back! Wink
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 4:43 pm

What a wonderful update, Teresa. Great job
It's great to hear that Halo continues to improve each day. YESS!!
You have done a spectacular job of caring for her. Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:23 pm

More Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 373410 !

Last week I bought Halo a special rubberised mat (well 2, so I can change it often!) which was guaranteed acid-free so she could get a better grip, and...

SHE'S WALKING!!! Celebrate Celebrate Thrilled Celebrate Celebrate
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 11:41 pm

Woo hoo Woo hoo
That's wonderful news, Teresa.

Way To Go little Halo.
Thrilled Celebrate Thrilled
Back to top Go down
technocactus

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:49 am

Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 26340 Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 26340 Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 26340 Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 26340 Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 7471 Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 7471 Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 7471 Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 7471 Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 359893 Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 359893 Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 359893 Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 46723 Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 46723
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:53 pm

I just told Halo how thrilled you both were for her! Happy
She listened very intently and blinked. Does that mean 'thank you' in Pigeon? Wink
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:03 pm

Teresa wrote:

I just told Halo how thrilled you both were for her! Happy
She listened very intently and blinked. Does that mean 'thank you' in Pigeon?
Wink

Yes, I believe it does. Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 10:17 pm

Halo is very fidgety now. She keeps calling and she's very anxious to fly. While that's good news, she's still going to need a lot more practice walking and especially landing.
I sure hope to be able to release her some day!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halo has a broken leg
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next