Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

~~A true gift from the heart~~

Go down 
+9
jamy
AZWhitefeather
Jackie\'s Mom
plamenh
Joyfulsongtree
Matilda
EgypSwiftLady
Teresa
AZJourney
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

~~A true gift from the heart~~ Empty
PostSubject: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:01 pm

As most of you know I lost one of my doves over the rainbow bridge recently, pigeon 1 leaving his mate Baya behind. Baxter and Baya were my “OoPsIe” babies….from my mated pair Noah and Noelle. Baya being the first hatched and Baxter following a day later. Baya has always been teeny tiny… and to this day, still is very tiny for a ringneck dove.

Below is a picture of them when they were small with their Mommy, Noelle. Looking every bit the part, as a Proud new Mommy!

~~A true gift from the heart~~ Untitl11~~A true gift from the heart~~ 7717_111

Baxter and Baya have been together since they were born up until Baxter’s passing over the rainbow bridge. I have kept a very close eye on her since I still am perplexed at what happened with Baxter. Baya shows no signs whatsoever of any illness. Her poops even being picture perfect. I think honestly she is just lonely….It is just painful to watch her hop in the nest where Baxter passed and see her move many pieces of hay looking for him. Very sad I placed a stuffed teddy bear on her perch and zip tied it so she could have something to snuggle up to. She spent some time preening it and then snuggled right up next to it. Disappointed I knew at this point that I needed to find her a mate!

So my search began……

But it’s where this search ended that makes this a Cinderella story. :Yes:

On my last visit to Cindy’s house for a visit I remembered a sweet little one winged dove named Phoenix. Don my hubby says… “Why don’t you just call Cindy and ask her!”…. easy for him to say… he wasn’t doing the asking! I was nervous.. after all it is like asking someone for one of their children…. How do you ask for that?? After a few days and a nudge from Charis….. I finally decided to take a chance and ask. And, I am SO VERY HAPPY that I DID!

Cindy and Chuck discussed it and have decided to let us adopt their precious lil’ Phoenix. Thrilled WE are ELATED and feel honored in so many ways! I’d love for her to tell you her side of the story and Phoenix’s story… But until she does stay tuned cuz… we are making arrangements for the sweet new couple to meet!

For Cindy and Chuck I have this to say::::

First and foremost, Don, myself and Ryland, Thank You endlessly! It takes a heart that is so unselfish, compassionate and kind hearted to do what you are doing for our family and we appreciate it so very much. Pigeon angel Please know that Phoenix will be loved as equally in our house as he is in yours. The doors to our home will be forever opened to you! You have set an example for me and I thank you for that!

It is literally such an honor to Cute Dove fly Dove right amongst the many angels who partake in the daily happenings here.. Thank you for making this such a great place to be!!!!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 9:11 pm

I'm so happy for you and little Baya, Jenn! I hope it will be a true love story for her and Phoenix, and I'm glad of this ray of sunshine in your life to console you from Baxter's absence. Smile

Thank you for posting the photos of the babies, they are just adorable! And what a pretty and proud mum!

Why am I not surprised by what you said about Cindy? Happy She's got the biggest heart in creation! You don't get to be chief angel Pigeon angel for nothing, you have to be top class! Tickled Pink

Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:22 am

This is the best news! That's too funny

Cindy & Chuck are wonderful people & have placed Phoenix with a wonderful family Way To Go

Please keep us updated on this story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:57 am

~~A true gift from the heart~~ 641122 Now I am sure I posted in thei thread last night. ~~A true gift from the heart~~ 466834 Oh well...ditto! ~~A true gift from the heart~~ 142829
Back to top Go down
Joyfulsongtree
Guardian Angel
Joyfulsongtree

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 9:11 am

Happy Dance Happy Dance Thrilled Thrilled Thrilled Happy Dance Happy Dance

~~A true gift from the heart~~ AwesomeAni
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:05 pm

So, we have a start, we will impatiently wait for updates. :Yes:
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:31 pm

I am so very happy for you and little Baya.

I know the story of Little Phoenix. She is a very special little bird. Only Cindy Pigeon angel with the biggest heart Circle of Love in the world would do this. That is certainly why she is our Chief Angel.

I know Phoenix is going to a wonderful new home and I hope it will ease the pain of the loss for both you and Baya.

Louise
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:36 pm

Thank you all for the kind comments. Embarassed

When Jenn asked me about adopting Phoenix, I did say that I would have to discuss it with Chuck . I explained the situation and we both agreed that this would be a wonderful opportunity for Phoenix to enjoy the company of another dove, something we could not give him as I am unable to adopt any more birds, due to medical issues.

We love Phoenix dearly. And will miss him lots. We also know that we are placing him in the care of a wonderful family.
Tomorrow morning Chuck and I will be taking Phoenix to Jenn's.

We wanted to share a few photos of Phoenix 'sprucing' up a little for his big trip.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:44 pm

Let's see, I need to make sure the water is just right.

~~A true gift from the heart~~ 2010-011

Clean, Clean, Clean

~~A true gift from the heart~~ 2010-012
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:49 pm

I need to clean under my wing
~~A true gift from the heart~~ 2010-013

This is lots of fun but I have to be careful because I lose my balance

~~A true gift from the heart~~ 2010-014
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:53 pm

Alrighty!! One last feather to preen and I'm all set

~~A true gift from the heart~~ 2010-015
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:54 pm

~~A true gift from the heart~~ 458406 ...great pictures. Have a safe drive.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:59 pm

Matilda wrote:
~~A true gift from the heart~~ 458406 ...

great pictures.

Have a safe drive.

Thanks.

Will do.
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:03 pm

Way To Go Boy!~ he's gonna have to show Baya how to spruce up... she is a pijie princess!! lol.... :That\\\'s so f

We can't wait... Happy Dance Have a safe drive down! We'll be waiting....

He's a lucky lil' bird to have not one; YESS!! BUT two human families!!! # 1
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

AZJourney wrote:
Way To Go Boy!~ he's gonna have to show Baya how to spruce up... she is a pijie princess!! lol.... :That\\\'s so f

We can't wait... Happy Dance Have a safe drive down! We'll be waiting....

He's a lucky lil' bird to have not one; YESS!! BUT two human families!!! # 1

:That\\\'s so f

Thanks, Jenn. Circle of Love

We'll see you guys tomorrow. ~~A true gift from the heart~~ 193770 ~~A true gift from the heart~~ 193770
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:25 pm

He's adorable!
Wonderful photos, Cindy! I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them
Have a pleasant journey tomorrow -- and take lots of... Picture(s)/video Picture(s)/video Picture(s)/video
Back to top Go down
Joyfulsongtree
Guardian Angel
Joyfulsongtree

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 12:14 am

Hi Cindy and Jenn,

I am so delighted and moved by your hearts proceeding in the pairing of these two precious doves...

Cindy, thank you for posting those beautiful photos!
I can't help but imagine that this has got to be somewhat of a bittersweet parting for you and Chuck though, even knowing that there couldn't be a better (other :-) home in which for Phoenix to live - at least I know how hard it would be for me, so I wish you all the peace, comfort and joy in this that can be had ... You are truly are a most wonderful Pigeon angel

Just have to add that I too, am hoping ...
for Picture(s)/video Picture(s)/video of the two of them as they first lay eyes on one another ... ~~A true gift from the heart~~ 279675 ... ~~A true gift from the heart~~ 279675 ... !!!!!!!!

... and then lots more Picture(s)/video Picture(s)/video as well :Yes:

And for traveling mercies...

Best wishes,
Carol
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 7:33 am

Teresa wrote:
He's adorable!
Wonderful photos, Cindy! I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them

Have a pleasant journey tomorrow -- and take lots of... Picture(s)/video Picture(s)/video Picture(s)/video

Thanks, Teresa. Happy

I haven't been down south of here for a few years so it will be nice to get out.
Although the scenery between our place and Jenn's isn't all that great, desert, desert, desert, I do plan on taking my 'old' (That's too funny) faithful Sony with us. I hope to get some photos once we get down there.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 7:51 am

Hi Carol,
Yes, this will be a bittersweet event.
On the 'bitter' side, we will miss his presence, his antics and his beautiful voice that he so proudly uses.
On the 'sweet' side, we know Phoenix will be in the best of care and for him to be able to experience the companionship, and hopefully ease the pain, of another little dove makes this an OK transition. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 1:48 pm

Looking forward to finding out how it all goes. ~~A true gift from the heart~~ 333746
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 6:59 pm

Matilda wrote:
Looking forward to finding out how it all goes. ~~A true gift from the heart~~ 333746

We had a real nice visit with Jenn and the family. ~~A true gift from the heart~~ 142829

As far as Phoenix and Baya's initial meeting, well Jenn has that on video.
I'm going to wait a bit before going into detail. I'd love for her to be able to post the video first.
It's probably rated right up there with the 'might need a hanky' videos. Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 7:01 pm

OK...so I'm thinking this is all good?
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:12 pm

When someoone gives you a gift from the heart, Circle of Love saying Thank you seems so small in comparison. :Yes: ... But... you say it, and hope, that the person knows how much that gift meant Pigeon angel ~ Thank you Chuck and Cindy.

We hope you all enjoy.... When a boy Met a girl........ :O)

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:20 pm

AZJourney wrote:
[color=indigo][color=darkblue][font=Times New Roman][size=18]When someoone gives you a gift from the heart, Circle of Love saying Thank you seems so small in comparison. :Yes: ...
But... you say it, and hope, that the person knows how much that gift meant Pigeon angel ~
Thank you Chuck and Cindy.

We totally understand how much it means to you, Don, Ryland and Baya to have Phoenix join your wonderful family. Circle of Love
You are so very welcome.

Chuck and I absolutely love the video. Thanks for putting it together so quickly and getting posted. Wink

Ryland, We want to thank you again for making the welcome sign for Phoenix. That was just too special. Wink YOU rock
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:52 pm

Sometimes...the world does seem to right herself afterall. ~~A true gift from the heart~~ 458406
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~~A true gift from the heart~~   ~~A true gift from the heart~~ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

~~A true gift from the heart~~
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next