Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...

Go down 
+14
AviatorRodent
priya
Jackie\'s Mom
Peteysgrl
pigeonwriter
EgypSwiftLady
NiteOwl
Luna Wolf
Tech
Ivor
rattyfied
AZWhitefeather
plamenh
Matilda
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Empty
PostSubject: True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:26 pm

Okay...I'll confess first...

For the first 4 years of Sammy and Romey's life, they bathed with me. Once I even heard myself say...will you two hurry up and take your bath...I wanna get out of here! Embarassed :That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:46 pm

Was that a bubble bath or just a warm water with drops of ACV, Charis? That's too funny

Ok, my turn, I like to smell pigeons. Not their poop, no, no. Smile I love the smell of healthy dry warm and fluffy pigeon feathers on the neck. It is bit dusty smell, makes you sneeze sometime, but for me it is so comforting.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:53 pm

I like to kiss Pigeons on the top of the head. I know what you mean, plamenh, about the dusty smell...makes me sneeze too. Smile
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:59 pm

I love to smell a pigeon's feathers right after they have taken a bath.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
rattyfied
Special Pigeon Angel
rattyfied

PostSubject: Re: True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 2:14 pm

not having pijies of my own i am obsessed with watching the feral flock...through binoculars Embarassed
everytime i am in the kitchen in daylight hours i spy on them
i'm cursing the season as my chances are limited to mornings and weekends now, plus the kettle steams the windows up

and i've got a "virtual" scrapbook, just like a kid's project, it's a powerpoint doc with pics i've collected from the internet and stuck in there

plamenh wrote:
...I like to smell pigeons. Not their poop, no, no. Smile I love the smell of healthy dry warm and fluffy pigeon feathers on the neck. It is bit dusty smell, makes you sneeze sometime, but for me it is so comforting.
there's loads of us like that in the rat fancy; i've even passed, and been passed a rat to sniff
boys smell a bit like basmati rice or digestive biscuits; girls more floral...i had one that smelt like fabric conditioner
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rattyfied/sets/
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 2:40 pm

I have more confessions Embarassed but I'm not going to spill the beans until a few more of you fess up. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ivor

PostSubject: Here is my confession   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 2:58 pm

My confession, I love to kiss their butt, yessss that's what I'm saying, is puffy and also clean of course unless is something wrong with them, but I love it, and also the smell around the neck, and if they are under my sheet after that they smell even better, I don't know sometimes I think smell like bread. nutter
The one that I had before also used to shower with me, I think he was a voyeur... Embarassed

Ivette That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 2:59 pm

Ivor wrote:
My confession, I love to kiss their butt, yessss that's what I'm saying, is puffy and also clean of course unless is something wrong with them, but I love it, and also the smell around the neck, and if they are under my sheet after that they smell even better, I don't know sometimes I think smell like bread. nutter
The one that I had before also used to shower with me, I think he was a voyeur... Embarassed

Ivette That's too funny

ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:24 pm

Talking to them like I am talking to my own kids (which I do not have, yet). Like:
1. "Hey, Piggy or Bank, eat your breakfast now or else you will not grow up!". And you know they look at you, they listen and answer a smooth low sounding " Grrk, grrk, grrk, grrk" !!
2. Every time I clean their liner when they're inside the cage, they tend to be very territorial pecking at my hands so I just have to tell them - "I'm just the cleaning lady, I am not bothering your privacy Sir/Maam."
3. Smell their poop which of course does not smell like perfume but I just love smelling it, I don't know why!
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Oh and of course, smooch or kiss any part of them where I could get the chance to - because they peck a lot. One time Piggy pecked on my eye side, that was very dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Ivor

PostSubject: My crazy confessions   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:33 pm

I also love to kiss their feet, and believe me guys I'm not into fetishes, that is exclusive for my pigeon... LOL Happy Dance

Ivette
Back to top Go down
Luna Wolf
Special Pigeon Angel
Luna Wolf

PostSubject: Re: True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:34 pm

Another pigeon-sniffer here! I wish they weren't so scared of me so I could do it more often. Laughing I've tasted their seed too. Not half bad. I have more photos of my pigeons than myself on my facebook. More photos of birds than humans on my camera too. Laughing Whenever they coo I always try and imitate them. I must not be very good at it, they never respond at all. That's too funny
Quote :
there's loads of us like that in the rat fancy; i've even passed, and been passed a rat to sniff
boys smell a bit like basmati rice or digestive biscuits; girls more floral...i had one that smelt like fabric conditioner
Hehe, I'm always trying to get people to sniff my rats. LOL My boy smells like pomegranates and I had some girls that smelled like grape koolaide.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 4:57 pm

You guys are Crazy Pigeon People for sure. ROTFL

For 3 years, Sammy and Romey had free flight of my house. The built their nest out of what ever small things they could find, such as Q tips and earrings, on top of an old wardrobe in my bedroom. Sammy slept at the foot of my bed on a towel.
Most mornnings I would wake up to see 2 Pigeon faces staring at me. I swear they where thinking...Is she still alive? LOL
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:45 pm

Okay, you guys are all cpp ! Screech took baths with me a few times when he was just a couple of months old. He would follow me into the bathroom, and land on the side of the tub, then jump onto me. He liked the warm water I think.

The loft is connected to my house. I can watch them through a window that leads right into the loft, so I get to check on them whenever I want to. When evening comes, I dim their light, sort of like the sun going down. It's to let them know that it's time to get on their perches for the night. Everyone has their favorite perch where they sleep each night. I always check before dousing the light to make sure that everyone is where they're supposed to be. Every now and then one of the males will try to take anothers perch. I'm so bad that if one has been ousted from "their" perch, I will go in and remove the offender, and put the right bird back on his perch. I can't even let them fight their own battles. LOL. And I scold them like naughty children. If I see one of the males picking on another bird, I will pop in and say his name, and point to his nest box. Normally, the misbehaving bird will look at me for a few seconds, then fly to his nestbox. My birds understand TIME OUT. How nuts is that? I spend so much time with them that they actually seem to know what I'm saying.

And btw Plamenh, I love the way a clean pigeon smells.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:00 am

True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... 514260 Ha!Ha!Ha! :lol!:
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:29 am

It's confirmed, we are definitely a special group of True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... 583147 . True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... 766985 True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... 573503

These posts are a hoot. True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... 142829
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:10 am

This morning, I'll be starting to work a little bit later, so that means that I have more time with the birds when I go in to clean and set up breakfast and fresh water. I often carry a small dish of seed, and will feed the different birds as they come to me to say "good morning". Now, of course, each one has his or her favorite seed, so on the window sill I have jars with different seeds in them. And depending on which one I am feeding at the time, I can go over to the jar with their favorite seed and add more of that particular one to the mix in the bowl. Now who in their right mind would bother doing that, I ask you? LOL. But actually, it does serve two purposes. 1) It gives them more of what they like, And 2) they throw less seed around, digging for what they want. Nothing crazy about that!................................................................Or is there? Embarassed True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... 789920
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:12 am

NiteOwl wrote:

I'm so bad that if one has been ousted from "their" perch, I will go in and remove the offender, and put the right bird back on his perch. I can't even let them fight their own battles. LOL. And I scold them like naughty children. If I see one of the males picking on another bird, I will pop in and say his name, and point to his nest box. Normally, the misbehaving bird will look at me for a few seconds, then fly to his nestbox.

True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Milita10

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL This is how I imagine your birds! ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:14 am

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:35 am

OK heres just one confession that I'm willing to tell ... When we get extra $$$$ I spend it on loft & the animals enclosures. Embarassed

My sisters think we're nuts because we don't spend it on ourselves nutter But the hubby & myself figure if the critters are happy than we're happy! Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:44 am

And I already thought that I am the only person who is going crazy about pigeons. Tickled Pink I also do all the things - more or less - you already have confessed including the sniffing. Unfortunately they only tolerate this as long as they are still very young and love to be fondled. The smell of young pigeons' plumage is just incredible. Sometimes I can smell them while they are sitting on my shoulder waiting to be fed.

In the evening I hang a big shawl into the window so that Emma can sleep while she is sitting in the nest. Because of the many plants I have no curtains in my windows. I also say Good Night when I check for the last time that everybody is there where he is supposed to be. It is a ritual I really don't want to miss.

When Pina flies in I switch on the CD-player so that she can hear soft music while she is preening. She sits on her board and I can see how her eyelids become heavier and heavier while she slips into sleep. I could watch her for hours...
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:19 am

I just love you all crazy people here who adorably-treat pigeons just like human!!!! How I wish everybody in the world would be like us - CRAZY Pigeon (include other animal) lovers.....
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:34 am

Tech wrote:
I just love you all crazy people here who adorably-treat pigeons just like human!!!! How I wish everybody in the world would be like us - CRAZY Pigeon (include other animal) lovers.....
I agree. True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... 142829
Back to top Go down
Peteysgrl

Peteysgrl

PostSubject: Re: True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:50 pm

I like to snuggle with Petey...I will pick him up and kiss on his neck and just snuggle him...he hates this I know...I call it forced loving....I also let him investigate my mouth...he has a thing for teeth so I just let him check it out. He has taken a shower with me, he has sat on my shoulder while I was using the restroom, he has taken a look up my nose (not comfortable for me), he has pooped on almost everything in my house at this point...which is a confession for me because I would have never thought I would allow that in my life time...
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:37 pm

plamenh wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:

I'm so bad that if one has been ousted from "their" perch, I will go in and remove the offender, and put the right bird back on his perch. I can't even let them fight their own battles. LOL. And I scold them like naughty children. If I see one of the males picking on another bird, I will pop in and say his name, and point to his nest box. Normally, the misbehaving bird will look at me for a few seconds, then fly to his nestbox.

True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Milita10

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL This is how I imagine your birds! ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Maybe I should copy this picture, enlarge it, and place it on the corner of Mikko's area in hopes that it might intimidate Dolly from flying over and being so mischievous. True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... 106767
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...   True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

True confessions of a Crazy Pigeon Person...
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next