Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Late, late feeder

Go down 
+3
AZWhitefeather
NiteOwl
Teresa
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Late, late feeder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late, late feeder   Late, late feeder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:39 pm

That IS amazing. Thanks for the update and the picture. Wonder where he is during the daylight hours.
Probably sleeping!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Late, late feeder   Late, late feeder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:40 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Holy Cow It's about 2 AM there isn't it Teresa?
Those two should be snoozin' away in their nests.

For that matter, so should you! Happy Dance

It was 3 am! Those two are fast asleep now, they come round just after 9 pm, between dusk and dark. And my brain faculties are going into meltdown, so I'm going to follow their example. I just hope I'm not going to dream about Balantidium coli like last night! Shock Shock YUK
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Late, late feeder   Late, late feeder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:46 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
That IS amazing. Thanks for the update and the picture. Wonder where he is during the daylight hours.
Probably sleeping!

Even though Nightflier has gone to bed now, I've seen the pigeons at the back of my house take to the air after 2 am before, when they are startled -- mostly by cats or sudden noises, but once by a pair of thieves on the roof. I shone a powerful torch on them and they fled empty-handed.
So when people criticise me for feeding them, I tell them they're my guard dogs! Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Late, late feeder   Late, late feeder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 9:03 pm

Teresa wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
Probably sleeping!

Even though Nightflier has gone to bed now, I've seen the pigeons at the back of my house take to the air after 2 am before, when they are startled -- mostly by cats or sudden noises, but once by a pair of thieves on the roof. I shone a powerful torch on them and they fled empty-handed.
So when people criticise me for feeding them, I tell them they're my guard dogs! Tickled Pink

Great job
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Late, late feeder   Late, late feeder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 8:44 pm

Nightflier started coming round again after dark with his mate, a petite blue-bar, and a younger male that looks just like him. I'm presuming it's his son.

They'd stopped coming round after dark at the end of summer, and restarted about a week ago. (I have no idea why).
It's hilarious the way he calls my attention: at that time, the windows are already closed because of the cold, so he lands on the windowsill and actually pecks at the glass or wingslaps it until I go get him some food! Tickled Pink I'll have to capture that on camera! In the middle of a tiring and stressful week, he's been one of the high points, definitely!
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Late, late feeder   Late, late feeder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:39 pm

Teresa wrote:
Nightflier started coming round again after dark with his mate, a petite blue-bar, and a younger male that looks just like him. I'm presuming it's his son.

They'd stopped coming round after dark at the end of summer, and restarted about a week ago. (I have no idea why).
It's hilarious the way he calls my attention: at that time, the windows are already closed because of the cold, so he lands on the windowsill and actually pecks at the glass or wingslaps it until I go get him some food! Late, late feeder - Page 2 893919 I'll have to capture that on camera! In the middle of a tiring and stressful week, he's been one of the high points, definitely!

I can see why. Sounds cute. I hope you can get a picture of it.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Late, late feeder   Late, late feeder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:38 pm

Nightflier sounds like a little darling, Teresa. Smile
Isn't it wonderful how the smallest things can be the biggest joy for us, especially when stressed. I love it/them
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Late, late feeder   Late, late feeder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 4:45 pm

[quote="AZWhitefeather"]Nightflier sounds like a little darling, Teresa. Late, late feeder - Page 2 458406
Isn't it wonderful how the smallest things can be the biggest joy for us, especially when stressed. Late, late feeder - Page 2 334215 [/quote]

That's true. And thank God for those small thingsl
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Late, late feeder   Late, late feeder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:59 pm

You're so right! Happy

Well, today I got the camera, but by then he KNEW I'd seen him, so no pecking at the window... Typical, eh! But I managed to get a couple of photos of Mr. and Mrs. Nightflier and son. Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Late, late feeder   Late, late feeder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 6:55 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
AZWhitefeather wrote:
Nightflier sounds like a little darling, Teresa. Late, late feeder - Page 2 458406
[b]Isn't it wonderful how the smallest things can be the biggest joy for us, especially when stressed. Late, late feeder - Page 2 334215

That's true. And thank God for those small thingsl
Amen to that!! Late, late feeder - Page 2 142829
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Late, late feeder   Late, late feeder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 6:33 pm

I haven't got a video of Nightflier knocking at the window, but I got this photo.

Left to right, son, mother and Nightflier:

Late, late feeder - Page 2 DSCNB8154-r550
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Late, late feeder   Late, late feeder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 10:07 pm

Great family photo. Late, late feeder - Page 2 116281
Thanks for sharing it with us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Late, late feeder   Late, late feeder - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Late, late feeder
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2