Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...

Go down 
+9
joyful_pigeon
Tech
technocactus
Jackie\'s Mom
Teresa
NiteOwl
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
persimmonspea
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:16 pm

Virgil and Cricket are just too precious I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them

I'm absolutely thrilled Thrilled Thrilled to hear that Aires has started to settle down and settle in YESS!!

Louise
Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 789920
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 4:03 pm

Jackie\'s Mom wrote:
Virgil and Cricket are just too precious I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them

I'm absolutely thrilled Thrilled Thrilled to hear that Aires has started to settle down and settle in YESS!!

Louise

Thanks Louise. Actually Aries has been pretty busy out in the loft, but I should probably post all about that in his thread.
As for Cricket and Virgil, they are both off the eggs. Don't know why. Any suggestions as to why they would just ignore them? When she was in her box, she would barely leave them long enough to get a drink. I have NO idea
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:03 pm

How I wish my Piggy would leave her eggs for long so that I won't feel guilty switching them with fake ones. Does that means she's or they're not interested in the eggs anymore?

Cricket was like my Piggy who wouldn't leave her eggs until she's thirsty & hungry.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:11 pm

Tech wrote:
How I wish my Piggy would leave her eggs for long so that I won't feel guilty switching them with fake ones. Does that means she's or they're not interested in the eggs anymore?

Cricket was like my Piggy who wouldn't leave her eggs until she's thirsty & hungry.

They don't seem interested. I don't what what's going on, unless it is being out of the loft. I don't want to put them in yet though. It's not that they're not interested in each other. Okay Charis...........................what do you think is going on?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:20 pm

I think Cricket feels uncomfortable away from her nest box. The cage is kind of like givng birth in a Taxi on the way to the hospital.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:06 pm

Matilda wrote:
I think Cricket feels uncomfortable away from her nest box. The cage is kind of like givng birth in a Taxi on the way to the hospital.

Charis.........you crack me up with your one liners Laughing That's too funny ..........but your analogy sounds absolutely correct.

Louise Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 789920
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:02 pm

Matilda wrote:
I think Cricket feels uncomfortable away from her nest box.
The cage is kind of like givng birth in a Taxi on the way to the hospital.

Serious EEK!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:23 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Matilda wrote:

Serious EEK!!

...or on vacation! Laughing
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:22 pm

Matilda wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:
Matilda wrote:

Serious EEK!!

...or on vacation! Laughing

Smile
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 4:48 pm

Virgil, Cricket, Niteowl Tickled Pink Picture(s)/video Picture(s)/video
Back to top Go down
persimmonspea
Special Pigeon Angel
persimmonspea

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:09 am

Any new updates on the happy little pair? Jumpin for joy
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:22 am

There are and we need pictures! Laughing
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:51 am

persimmonspea wrote:
Any new updates on the happy little pair? Jumpin for joy

Matilda wrote:
There are and we need pictures! Laughing

We'll be keeping our eye wide open. Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 714583
Back to top Go down
persimmonspea
Special Pigeon Angel
persimmonspea

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 1:43 pm

Any news??Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Happy0071
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 2:08 pm

Yeah, any Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 373410
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:41 pm

VIRGILS LETTER TO FAON

Hey Mom! you would be so proud of me! I'm in the loft with all the other birds! And I get to have my very own nest box. And a great mate. Everything you wanted for me.
Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 SundayAriesVirgil054

I'm adjusting pretty well out here. My new Mom loves me very much, I can tell from the way she is always fussing around me. I had a couple of run ins with the other birds, but not anything that I couldn't handle. Mom was right there to make sure. And they seem to be getting used to seeing me around now. Cricket and I were locked into our box for the first night. (Mom worries ya know).
Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 072

She's around a lot. I guess I'm even getting used to her fussing over us. It's kinda nice. She gives us treats, and sets up the baths for us. She even puts up the smaller one just for me. That's cause I'm so special. I haven't bathed outside yet. I'm usually too busy trying to chase Cricket back into our nest box, where I think she belongs. I haven't even let her take a bath yet, as I don't trust these other guys around here. She's a cute little hen, and I don't trust anyone. I think maybe the more I get to know them all, that I'll get more secure about that, and she won't have to resort to going up on a perch to high for me to follow.
Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 SundayAriesVirgil121

She was getting mad at me for not allowing her any freedom, but I think she understands, and by the end of the day, we were snuggling again, so I guess she forgives me.
Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 SundayAriesVirgil155

I'm doing a little better about that now. But I am a good mate, and chase any intruders away. Her old boyfriend came around, and I chased him away, and he is way bigger 'N me. You shoulda seen him run!
When Mom sets up the baths, they are just around the corner, out in the sunny aviary. It's nice out there. I like it. I might even try bathing this week end. Not sure though. We'll see.
Mom, I found out something this past week. I can't fly anymore. Not sure why, but when I tried to fly to the floor, I fell down. Don't worry...........I wasn't hurt. Just surprised and a little confused. It was scary down there on the floor with no way up to the nest box where Cricket was waiting for me. There was a way up, but I just couldn't find it. So my new Mom changed things around to make it easier for me to find my way back up. She worked all day Saturday, and part of Sunday putting up a new ramp for me. Then it was too slippery for me. The others were having no trouble running up and down, but I guess I get panicky, and so it was harder for me, so she changed it again. She made it less steep, and used some kind of rough wood so now I don't slip on it. I can run right back up. Now I can go to the floor if I want to, and get back home too. My very own little ramp. I told you I was special. Here I am walking up the first ramp. Aren't I cute?
Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 SundayAriesVirgil113

Cricket was so relieved when I finally got it. I think I'm going to like it here. Lots of windows and fresh air and sunshine. And lots to watch. These other guys are crazy. Always something going on. And the neighbors drop in to say "Hi". This is Rascal stopping by.
Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 SundayAriesVirgil004

Anyway Mom, I just wanted to thank you for caring SO much about me, to help me, and to find me a home where I will be safe and happy with other pigeons like me. You are a very special lady with a great heart. I will never forget everything you have done for me. You gave me another chance at life. And I'm doin' good! Thank you!
Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 104

Last edited by NiteOwl on Wed May 05, 2010 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:52 pm

Virgil...you write a sweet story. I love the pictures and I'm reaaly happy that you are happy.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:15 pm

YOU rock LOTS Virgil!! Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 142829
Back to top Go down
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 3:05 am

That is such a beautiful update.

I'm having to wipe a couple of tears from my eyes after reading it, (must be some dust around!!) I'm really just a sucker for a good love/rescue story. Circle of Love

Janet
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 7:57 am

The pictures are wonderful and Virgil's letter is so heartwarming. Circle of Love

Virgil and Cricket are so very cute together.

Thank you Jay for making this all possible Pigeon angel

Louise
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:24 am

I love the picture of Rascal peering into their box...that is so cute. :That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:13 pm

Hi all! When Virgil wrote to Faon, he didn't mention what he's been up to did he? Oh ya sure, he just told her all the good stuff. Figures. LOL. He didn't happen to mention that because the big wooden box that stands in front of the aviary window, (which is the birds walkway to the aviary), and the table where I keep their water, because they are all on his level when he walks out of his box, he seems to view all that as HIS territory. It appears that he feels that all must pay a toll to cross over to the aviary, or stop by the waterer for a drink. He stands out in front of his box and guards all that he sees. I'll tell ya, for a small bird with one wing, he's got attitude! It's kinda like when you let them nest on the floor, and they see the whole floor as theirs. Not really sure what I can do about it. He just chases a little. And Aries, who is a consummate rabble rouser, stands just past that area, just to taunt him. What a pair. Gee, it was so quiet before they joined the group. At least it keeps him busy. He's not bored. And I figured out something new for his little ramp that he was so pleased with. When I get it done, if it works, I'll post it.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:17 pm

Matilda wrote:
I love the picture of Rascal peering into their box...that is so cute. :That\\\'s so f

Rascal is another one of my favorites. She's cute, and nosey, and very friendly. When ever I bring a new bird in, she has to go over to meet them. I'm wondering if she's got her eye on Virgil. That's too funny
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:24 pm

NiteOwl wrote:

Hi all! When Virgil wrote to Faon, he didn't mention what he's been up to did he?

Oh ya sure, he just told her all the good stuff. Figures. LOL. He didn't happen to mention that because the big wooden box that stands in front of the aviary window, (which is the birds walkway to the aviary), and the table where I keep their water, because they are all on his level when he walks out of his box, he seems to view all that as HIS territory. It appears that he feels that all must pay a toll to cross over to the aviary, or stop by the waterer for a drink. He stands out in front of his box and guards all that he sees. I'll tell ya, for a small bird with one wing, he's got attitude! It's kinda like when you let them nest on the floor, and they see the whole floor as theirs. Not really sure what I can do about it. He just chases a little. And Aries, who is a consummate rabble rouser, stands just past that area, just to taunt him. What a pair. Gee, it was so quiet before they joined the group. At least it keeps him busy. He's not bored. And I figured out something new for his little ramp that he was so pleased with. When I get it done, if it works, I'll post it.

Of course not. :That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:32 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
Matilda wrote:

Rascal is another one of my favorites. She's cute, and nosey, and very friendly.

When ever I bring a new bird in, she has to go over to meet them.

I'm wondering if she's got her eye on Virgil. That's too funny

It sounds like she's head of the greeting committee. Pigeon angel
I can just see her pushing a little 'welcome cart' around and offering the newcomers some select seeds as a welcome gift. Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 193770 :That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next