Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...

Go down 
+9
joyful_pigeon
Tech
technocactus
Jackie\'s Mom
Teresa
NiteOwl
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
persimmonspea
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:41 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
Matilda wrote:
I love the picture of Rascal peering into their box...that is so cute. :That\\\'s so f

Rascal is another one of my favorites. She's cute, and nosey, and very friendly.

When ever I bring a new bird in, she has to go over to meet them.

I'm wondering if she's got her eye on Virgil. That's too funny

It sounds like she's head of the greeting committee. Pigeon angel
I can just see her pushing a little 'welcome cart' around and offering the newcomers some select seeds as a welcome gift. Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 193770 :That\\\'s so f

That's funny! Maybe I can get her a job at Walmart.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 3:01 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
Matilda wrote:
I love the picture of Rascal peering into their box...that is so cute. :That\\\'s so f

Rascal is another one of my favorites. She's cute, and nosey, and very friendly.

I can just see her pushing a little 'welcome cart' around and offering the newcomers some select seeds as a welcome gift. Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 193770 :That\\\'s so f

..or at least get her a hat that reads...welcoming committee. LOL
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:06 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
Matilda wrote:

Happy Dance LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:07 pm

Matilda wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
Matilda wrote:

You and your hats. Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 321758 I love it/them
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:18 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Matilda wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
Matilda wrote:

You and your hats. Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 321758 I love it/them

It's a good thing they are all imaginary or my closet would be full. Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 142829
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:29 pm

Matilda wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:
[You and your hats. Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 321758 I love it/them

It's a good thing they are all imaginary or my closet would be full. Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 142829

:That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:29 pm

Cute Dove Oh pijjies, make me happy! Happy Laughing
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:13 pm

Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 118

Hey Everyone! Virgil here again! Guess what Auntie Charis sent me from Oregon! I got a card with a very special present in it. There was a little baggie filled with the most beautiful feathers for my new nest. I just love them, and so did Cricket. She was very impressed and went right to work to get them worked into our little nest. It'll be nice and soft which is really a good thing as we have a new egg! That's right. We didn't waste any time. I'm so glad I have such great friends. Thanks Auntie Charis. We love them!

Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 CharisFeathers013

Last edited by NiteOwl on Thu May 06, 2010 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:23 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:08 pm

Well Virgil, you and Cricket should have a nice soft nest now. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
joyful_pigeon
Special Pigeon Angel
joyful_pigeon

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:24 pm

Right on I loved Virgil's wonderful letter with all those expressive photos. Way To Go Virgil, you are quite the talented storyteller!! Wink

The feathers look really pretty. That was very sweet of Auntie Charis to send them. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:19 am

It's so fun here! I love the feathers Charis! That's too funny Circle of Love Circle of Love :That\\\'s so f :That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:22 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:52 am

AWE! I just love a happy ending! I agree with Janet, must be DUST in my house too :Yes:

I love the letters... would make a good childrens book :study: on overcoming fears and gaining self esteem! Wink
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 5:27 pm

VIRGIL HERE

Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 SundayAriesVirgil040

I HAD AN AMAZING DAY TODAY! Well, not the beginning of it, as I woke up in my nest box, where Mom had locked me up for the night. Rather than on my perch which is the big box in front of the aviary window. I don't know.....................something about a disturbance late in the evening where she heard us raising caine out in the loft. She said something about my guarding the water dish from the others, and not letting Aries get a drink. So anyway, He (the big baby), started growling and cooing loudly, which set off Bishop. Of course, everything sets him off. He's the biggest one here, and a big fat complainer. He hates it when anything out of the ordinary happens around here. Thinks it's HIS loft. Anyway, then of course all the others were disturbed and got into it. Sounded like bedlam. So Mom came in, checked out the situation, and decided that I was the trouble maker and should be sent to my room for the night. Boy.................I hate it when that happens. Aries didn't even get locked up, and HE was the one doing all the loud cooing.

Anyway, to get back to my story, I woke up this morning in my box. Eventually, and none too soon either, cause it's the weekend, and I don't mind saying that she's a little slower about getting here on the weekends. She cleaned up the loft, put out fresh food and water, and then let me out FINALLY! Anyway, then she brought in some fresh hay for us and put it in the hay box. She loves to watch everyone collecting straw for their nests. And she's always taking pictures. Drives me crazy! I hate that flash thing! Anyway, she soon realized that I can't get to the box of straw like everyone else can, because I can't fly. DUH! So after noticing me watching the others, and not having anything to do but stand there and watch, she got an idea. She moved the box out in the aviary where I can get to it.
Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 069

So now, I could also gather straw for the Mrs., which is a good thing, cause we had our second egg, and it was laying on the bottom of our box with very few pieces of straw surrounding them. I'm talking almost empty, so you would think she would have noticed that before????? I mean, look at it!

Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 0172

so I immediately went to work collecting the makings of our new nest. I really had a ball.
Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 0722
Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 077

Cricket even got into the act, and left the eggs long enough to help me.
Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 108-1

Mom watched, and she actually had real tears in her eyes. She told me how happy I have made her little Cricket, and that she had never seen her having fun or looking so relaxed in over a year and a half that she has been here. She never had anyone to collect straw with, and never had anyone but Mom bring it to her to put into her nest. She was very lonely. Today she ran around just like everyone else, and just looked so happy. This made Mom happy too. And Mom said that she has noticed that Cricket is much more alert, and interested in the goings on around her. She used to just sit without looking interested in anything, but now she is always popping in and ouut of the box, and checking on me to see what I am up to. We're perfect for each other. I'm sure glad I came here and found her. She's really great.
Anyway, I kept bringing the straw faster than she could work it into our nest. At one point, she was getting all covered in it. Mom laughed.
Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 112

By the end of the day, we had a very cozy little nest, of which I am very proud. Cricket looks at me like she is proud of me too. I really like that.
Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 105
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 5:43 pm

Ah...what a precious update...I don't know whether to laugh or cry...maybe I'll do a little of both.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 5:52 pm

Charis, I really did cry. Don thinks I'm nuts I think. But for almost 2 years, I have watched her by herself. She never cared about what went on in the loft before. Now she is always checking on what is going on. Her whole expression is different. Even Don notices it. She's finally content. She has a little friend to do things with. And to bring her straw, and she has a friend. They are just so cute together. I remember how many times you said that the right little male for her would come along, but I was beginning to have my doubts. They're perfect for each other, and it just makes me so happy. Thank yor Faon, for the answer to my prayers. He's great. Yes, he does guard the entire area around his box, but no ones perfect. That's too funny

Last edited by NiteOwl on Sat May 08, 2010 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 6:15 pm

Faon's computer is down. I found that out when I called her to tell her to check this thread.

I read her both accounts from Virgil and...we were both teary. It's hard account to read out loud without getting that way.
Faon loved it. I know she will love the pictures too.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:38 pm

Appreciate the update Virgil. Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 142829 And LOVE your pictures. Picture(s)/video
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Great photos and Virgil's update is so hearwarming. Circle of Love Brings tears to my eyes.

I am so happy that the two of them have eachother I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them

An absolute blessing Jay that you have given these two Pigeon angel Pigeon angel YOU rock

Louise
Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 789920
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:27 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
Charis, I really did cry. Don thinks I'm nuts I think. But for almost 2 years, I have watched her by herself. She never cared about what went on in the loft before. Now she is always checking on what is going on. Her whole expression is different. Even Don notices it. She's finally content. She has a little friend to do things with. And to bring her straw, and she has a friend. They are just so cute together. I remember how many times you said that the right little male for her would come along, but I was beginning to have my doubts. They're perfect for each other, and it just makes me so happy. Thank yor Faon, for the answer to my prayers. He's great. Yes, he does guard the entire area around his box, but no ones perfect. That's too funny

That would make me cry too. They would be tears of happiness. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:37 am

Gosh! I am teary eyed now! Holding off, am at work. Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love :That\\\'s so f :That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:46 pm

Does Virgil have any updates?
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:44 am

AWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! High 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this thread! Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:59 am

AZJourney wrote:
AWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! High 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this thread! Circle of Love

Me too. I love it/them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next