Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(

Go down 
+4
priya
Matilda
AZWhitefeather
spdevanand
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:43 am

Teresa wrote:
It does make life easier, but when Birdie gets better he will want to add a personal touch, like Sammy. Laughing

Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 DSCNB6770p-cr450
Ah how sweet is that I love it/them I love it/them Sammy is just adorable Teresa Happy
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:42 pm

She isn't QUITE as adorable as she looks, lol! The little rascal has been pecking the putty between my floorboards, and teaching Pippin to do it too! Bad Sammy! ROTFL Well, at least they aren't trying to eat it, I'm sure it can't be good for them!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:39 am

Teresa wrote:
She isn't QUITE as adorable as she looks, lol! The little rascal has been pecking the putty between my floorboards, and teaching Pippin to do it too! Bad Sammy! ROTFL Well, at least they aren't trying to eat it, I'm sure it can't be good for them!

The teacher of bad habits. Gotta love 'em. Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 46723
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 2:01 am

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Teresa wrote:

The teacher of bad habits. Gotta love 'em. Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 46723

Oh no! That's too funny
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:37 am

Teresa wrote:

Oh no!!!! :eek: Sounds like your pijjies are little rascals!!!! That's too funny
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:57 am

Hey Guys,

Birdie is continuing to be good. Though not much of improvements. Shelcal medicine was given for 6 days. As of now I am not feeding any other medicines. Continuing to hand feed. He still has his head twisting Very sad

Here is one of the recent snaps.

Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Dsc00410

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:53 am

Thanks for the update, Dev. Hi there/Bye

Birdie sure is a good looking little pij. Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 142829
I would suggest continuing with the supportive care, keep him in a quite place and monitor his behavior when you are home.

If you offer him a deep dish of seeds is he able to eat at all on his own?
Back to top Go down
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 9:56 am

Hi Cindy,

Birdie tries to peck the grains from floor, but not very successful with it. I just arranged a box for him in which I can fix a bowl, I am going to try and see if he is able to eat from it. I will keep you updated Smile

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:47 am

Hi Dev, Hi there/Bye
The advantage of having a deep dish is they are usually able to get some of the seeds, which will help along wtih the supportive feeding you are giving Birdie.

I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 9:53 am

Hi Cindy,

You are right. Today I tried to keep some seeds in a deep bowl but birdie was not very much keen about pecking the food Very sad May be he needs more time to get used to it. I will keep trying and see how he reacts Smile Hopefully he learns to eat fast. I do not want him to wait for me to feed him.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 10:01 am

Hopefully, with time he will figure it out. I wish you and Birdie weren't going through this. I wish I could be more helpful. I hope you can find some comfort in me telling you that you are both on my mind a lot.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 11:18 am

Hi Dev, Hi there/Bye
Thanks for the update.
I would definitely keep the deep dish of seeds available for Birdie. Hopefully he will begin to utilize it. Smile
Back to top Go down
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:21 am

Hey Guys,

Birdie is continuing to be the same. He is just getting used to me better Smile I am continuing to keep his food bowl next to him always. Hoping that he starts to eat soon Smile

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:21 am

Thanks for the update, Dev. Hi there/Bye
I'm glad Birdie is feeling more comfortable around you. Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 142829

Will be looking forward to the next update. Smile
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:40 pm

Thanks for the update, Dev!
I LIKE the look of that photo! I love it/them Even if Birdie still has fits, in that picture he's holding his head well and doesn't look scared or confused -- and that's very good news! It looks as though the frequency of his seizures is going to decrease.

Sammy was VERY stubborn about picking seeds out of anything but the floor (that way it took her an hour to get one, if that). If you can handle the mess and the waste, an interim stage might be a deepish plate big enough for him to stand in -- or else, make the box that the bowl is to fit into large enough for him to stand on it. That should do the trick. If he hesitates, have a 'peck' at the food with your fingers -- Sammy starts eating straight away if she thinls she's got competition! That's too funny
Back to top Go down
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:24 pm

Hi Teresa,

I can definitely say that Biridie's Fits has reduced from what it was. He is able to hold his head steady for long time without any problems. Only when he tries to move around or when he gets tensed about something, he starts having this problem.

Since Birdie is not used to peck grains from bowls, he is not paying much attention when the food bowl is kept near him, but he tried to pick the grains occasionally. Today morning when I leaving to office I saw him going towards few grains which were on the floor. So I scattered some more grains near him on a thick cloth. Because of the cloth below, grains do not slip like they would on the floor. He then tried to peck the grains a few times when I was around. He was successful a few times, but not always. I think he will be able to peck better as the time goes Smile

I am surely loving the way he looks at me. My previous recuses Mito & Sia have their own characters. Every morning when I go to keep the food for them, Mito would fly to my shoulder, sit for a minute and then come down the floor to eat. Sia usually follows Mito. Mito is too much pampered, whatever I do, he wants to be around and watch me. Even when I open the wardrobe to take my dress out, he would fly to the door of the wardrobe, peep inside and see what I am doing. If I dont pay attention to him, he would fly up my shoulder, even then if he does not get the attention, he bites my ears Shock I just love them Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:14 pm

I'm so happy Birdie is showing more interest in eating some of the seeds, Dev. That's really great! Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 116281
I agree with you, given time he will become more aggressive at eating on his own.
You are doing an awesome job of caring for him. YOU rock

As always, positive thoughts continue. Smile

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:29 pm

From your description, I could just picture Mito and Sia... Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 46723 Great characters! If it's any consolation, Piper insisted on standing on my head today while I was cleaning her cage -- I just hope she hadn't stood on any poop first! Serious EEK!!

I'm very glad that Birdie is improving and trying to pick up the seeds! I think the reason Sammy only eats from the bowl when she's standing on the box is that, as the top of the bowl and the place where she's standing are at the same level, she must think she's eating from the floor! Mind you, when she's on the floor she pecks at the cracks between the floorboards! nutter
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:32 pm

Teresa wrote:
From your description, I could just picture Mito and Sia... Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 46723 Great characters!
If it's any consolation, Piper insisted on standing on my head today while I was cleaning her cage -- I just hope she hadn't stood on any poop first! Serious EEK!!

I'm very glad that Birdie is improving and trying to pick up the seeds! I think the reason Sammy only eats from the bowl when she's standing on the box is that, as the top of the bowl and the place where she's standing are at the same level, she must think she's eating from the floor! Mind you, when she's on the floor she pecks at the cracks between the floorboards! nutter

Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 321758 Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 321758
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:20 am

LOL Teresa that was too funny ROTFL these birds sure have a character of their own don't they LOL
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 4:08 am

Birdie is continuing to be the same. But he is more active and is such a smart little one, he takes us by surprise everytime That's too funny

Dev has kept him separated from the other pidgies in another room. One day he thought of just taking him to the room with Mito, Sia and Tootie to see how he behaves. That was it. Birdie was absolutely thrilled. Dev was shocked to see how he became excited and active instantly. Thought he couldn't walk fast because of his convulsions Very sad he dragged himself and kept chasing Sia and Mito when they came down to eat. He kept going all round the room to check the place out That's too funny

That wasn't it, when Dev got him out of that room and closed the door, Birdie immediately ran back and sat near the door and looked at Dev to let him know that he wanted to be in the other room instead!! That's too funny We had a good laugh.

He really is very smart and very sweet Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 983488 His condition continues to remain the same and he still cannot eat or drink on his own Very sad Dev hand feeds him food and water. Hoping with time and care, Birdie will recover
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:20 am

Birdie certainly is a smart one.
How cute is that, running back, and standing, at the door so as if to tell Dev she wasn't through visiting with Mito, Sia and Tootie. Tickled Pink

They are all so precious. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:33 am

Dev and Priya, don't lose hope. Birdie might eventually recover completely with your love and patience - I am sure of that. Remember - it took about 5 months until Pina could really eat by herself again. I always thought she would never make it but then from one day to another she started to pick up seeds, trying again and again...
Birdie wants to eat by himself - if he continues to try it is a good sign.

Universal hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 8:07 am

pigeonwriter wrote:
Dev and Priya, don't lose hope. Birdie might eventually recover completely with your love and patience - I am sure of that. Remember - it took about 5 months until Pina could really eat by herself again. I always thought she would never make it but then from one day to another she started to pick up seeds, trying again and again...
Birdie wants to eat by himself - if he continues to try it is a good sign.

Universal hug

Thanks a lot Petra ((hugs)) i know...Pina went through a lot and emerged a winner everytime, brave little sweetheart Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 983488
Yes hoping Birdie too will eventually recover and will try to eat by himself. It is definitely going to be a long gradual road to recovery
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 8:08 am

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Birdie certainly is a smart one.
How cute is that, running back, and standing, at the door so as if to tell Dev she wasn't through visiting with Mito, Sia and Tootie. Tickled Pink

They are all so precious. Circle of Love

totally Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 395766 Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 35455 Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 35455
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(   Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :( - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rescued another pigeon, perhaps with PMV :(
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next