Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Love story: Abby and George

Go down 
+2
AZWhitefeather
Teresa
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Love story: Abby and George Empty
PostSubject: Love story: Abby and George   Love story: Abby and George Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:41 pm

I suppose it had to happen... both with one droopy wing, living next to each other, seeing each other all the time...

I've been transforming the veranda into something like a flight, by closing all the doors leading to it for a few hours each day, and opening all the cage doors. Today Abby was with George in his cage, and they were all lovey-dovey! Dove right Love story: Abby and George 983488 Cute Dove

I'll have to try and get a photo of Mr. and Mrs. Almost-Flightless!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Love story: Abby and George   Love story: Abby and George Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 11:48 pm

Celebrate Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Almost-Flightless Celebrate

Love story: Abby and George Heart_15
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Love story: Abby and George   Love story: Abby and George Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 11:50 pm

I hope you're successful in getting some photos, Teresa. Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Love story: Abby and George   Love story: Abby and George Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 3:56 pm

Sounds wonderful to me! Love story: Abby and George 116281 Can't wait for the photos. Love story: Abby and George 395766
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Love story: Abby and George   Love story: Abby and George Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 5:55 pm

It's official between Abby and George! Love story: Abby and George 983488
But I'll reserve the photo session for the inauguration of their honeymoon suite -- new cage ordered, just waiting for delivery! Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Love story: Abby and George   Love story: Abby and George Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 10:26 pm

Teresa wrote:
It's official between Abby and George! Love story: Abby and George 983488

But I'll reserve the photo session for the inauguration of their honeymoon suite -- new cage ordered, just waiting for delivery! Tickled Pink

Woo hoo
Looking forward to those photos. Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Love story: Abby and George   Love story: Abby and George Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 12:29 pm

Teresa - this is soooooo sweet. Looking forward to the photos! Great job Great job Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Love story: Abby and George   Love story: Abby and George Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:25 pm

(Let's try posting this again, and hope the computer doesn't crash this time... Oh brother )

Together at last Dove right Love story: Abby and George 983488 Cute Dove

During the weekend, I transformed George's and Abby's cages into a dwelling for two.
Abby now has a nest big enough for two, grit by the nest, and smaller food and water dishes.
George's food and water dishes are the same, but everything else has changed to give more choice of places to perch and stand, and more room at the same time. Oh, and a protective cover on top of the cage.
But the 'piece de resistance' is an opening on both cages, with a passageway to link them. George didn't get the idea straight away, he was too nervous about the changes, but Abby spotted it and stuck her head through -- clever girl!

This was the pair of them splashing in my study while I worked on the cages. If I'd been quicker with the camera, I would have snapped them lying in the water side by side -- so cute! I love it/them

Love story: Abby and George DSCNB9099-r550

And this is their double cage:

Love story: Abby and George DSCNB9100-r550

In the morning, I found Abby in George's cage... Tickled Pink Love story: Abby and George 983488 and she's been exploring both sides (that's her in the picture) while he's been more conservative!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Love story: Abby and George   Love story: Abby and George Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:12 pm

Love the 'bathing' picture, Teresa. I love it/them

And the transformation of the cages is great!! I love it/them Great job Love story: Abby and George 219375
Lucky little pijjies. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Love story: Abby and George   Love story: Abby and George Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 6:37 pm

AZWhitefeather wrote:

Celebrate Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Almost-Flightless Celebrate

Love story: Abby and George Heart_15

Dear Cindy,

Thank you for your congratulations message and very pretty animation!
We are very happy together, and would like to share this photo with you and the other angels!

Lots of love from
George and Abby Almost-Flightless
Universal hug

Love story: Abby and George DSCNB9320-cr550
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Love story: Abby and George   Love story: Abby and George Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:24 pm

I love your picture George and Abby. I love it/them
Thank you for sharing it with us. Smile
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Love story: Abby and George   Love story: Abby and George Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Sweet photos Teresa - what a lovely couple. I so very much love it when pijjies find their mates and are then all kissing the whole day. So human Love story: Abby and George 983488 Love story: Abby and George 983488 Love story: Abby and George 983488 Love story: Abby and George 983488 Love story: Abby and George 983488 Love story: Abby and George 983488
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
gorabbitgo

gorabbitgo

PostSubject: Re: Love story: Abby and George   Love story: Abby and George Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 1:47 pm

They look so cute together! Congratulations to the happy couple!
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Love story: Abby and George   Love story: Abby and George Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 7:02 pm

Love story: Abby and George DSCNB9320-cr550

OMGOSH! This is such a classic picture, of the honeymooning couple! Love story: Abby and George 395766 Way to keep a look out for those peeping Tom's!!! Love story: Abby and George 142829

Such a cute snap! Love story: Abby and George 116281 many congrats to them!!!! Way To Go
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Love story: Abby and George   Love story: Abby and George Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 7:32 pm

Thanks, Jenn!

I'm so glad to see them happy together, after the traumas they both went through!
George was found in deep shock, trapped under a heavy venetian blind by a wing, and was exposed to extreme heat for a whole day. I feared that he wouldn't survive the night, but he did. However, he sustained such neurological damage to his wing and shoulder that, after a year, he still can't fly.
And Abby was clipped by a car and left scalped and with a dislocated wing. Her head healed fine, but she can't fly higher than 2 or 3 ft.
They both growl at me, but that's life! That's too funny
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Love story: Abby and George   Love story: Abby and George Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 11:09 pm

I am so happy they discovered each other. Love story: Abby and George 983488
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Love story: Abby and George   Love story: Abby and George Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Love story: Abby and George
Page 1 of 1