Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest   Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 4:44 pm

Awwww, bless her feathered face! Tickled Pink

Thank you so much for the update, Janet, it's wonderful to know there is nice pink skin forming and becoming visible! Hope she starts putting on some weight.

Here's wishing you both a restful, peaceful night! Hi there/Bye
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest   Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Way To Go Tufty.
I am so glad you are doing better. Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest - Page 2 142829
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest   Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 4:50 pm

Oh My Goodness....'the mass' is loosening more from one minute to the next.

Having spoken to Pat this morning and said it was going to take it's time...by tonight it seemed like it was not far off coming away quite soon. It's still firmly attached right underneath and it's a bit scarey looking at the way the weight of it is pulling at the surrounding skin. It must be quite heavy for her too.
She rests with her chest on the ground and her tail up in the air and Pat confirmed she did that when she was with them too.
She only weighs 250gms but is eating and pooping ok so at least she's stable.

I thought Pat and Ray might be interested to see how things are looking now. Not a pretty sight I know but it's progressing in the right direction.

Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest - Page 2 00311

Here's her pretty face...showing some pretty pink skin that we've found under all this gunk!!
I don't think she's too impressed at the colour the anti-bacterial cream has made her feathers. Hmmm

Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest - Page 2 00911

So we'll see what tomorrow brings. Hi there/Bye

Janet
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest   Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 6:07 pm

Thank you for the update, Janet! Thanks
That mass really is enormous, and scary-looking! Serious EEK!! Do you think there's a hole behind it that the mass has been plugging all along?
The new pink skin looks fantastic, nice and healthy, not even a hint of infection. YESS!! And I'm sure the banana-coloured feathers are a small price to pay for that! Laughing
And Tufty just seems to be looking on, a little bemused but not at all scared! What a bird!!! I love it/them
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest   Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 11:51 pm

Many thanks for the update, Janet. Smile
That mass is absolutely incredible. Serious EEK!!

Bless you both for all you two are going through. Pigeon angel Pigeon angel
Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest - Page 2 Smiley11
Back to top Go down
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest   Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 4:41 am

Teresa wrote:
Thank you for the update, Janet! Thanks
That mass really is enormous, and scary-looking! Serious EEK!! Do you think there's a hole behind it that the mass has been plugging all along?

I think that's what's going to be the scariest part of this coming away, not knowing if it's been plugging up something. I've received the de-sloughing cream and debriding fluid today and will start to work on getting the scabby stuff off the rest of her skin as it's spread amongst her feathers.
She is looking a bit bare in places.. Embarassed may have to knit her a little jumper until she regrows her feathers.

Janet

Back to top Go down
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest   Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Tufty's taken a turn for the worse and I'm not sure she'll make the night.

She just suddenly went downhill last night after having a very good day but today's she just seems to have given up.
I'm gutted as the way she was progressing I honestly thought she was going to make it.
I've posted about tonight to try and find any help or thoughts as to what I can try but it's so late now all I can really do is keep her warm and put her to bed and pray.

Pat called this afternoon when she'd seen a post I'd put on FB as Cynthia had asked how she was doing. Apparently Tufty did have days occasionally when she'd not eat and would lie down so called to tell me. I was glad at that time as it seemed she wasn't too bad maybe after all. Sadly though she's got much weaker this evening and isn't even opening her eyes when I pick her up to give her fluids.

I'm dreading leaving her to go to bed but she resting and so just needs some peace now.

Say a little prayer for her, bless her heart. Cute Dove

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest   Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 7:11 pm

Hoping that Tufty continues to improve! Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest - Page 2 142829 Smile
Back to top Go down
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest   Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 8:10 am

Have lost dear Tufty.

I will update soon.

Janet
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest   Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:01 am

I am so very sorry, Janet. Very sad Very sad
Sending a special THANK YOU to all who were involved in this most complex case. Universal hug

pigeon 1 "May you forever fly high and fly free sweet Tufty" pigeon 1
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest   Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 9:39 pm

Janet, I'm so sorry! Very sad You must be breaking your heart, after fighting so hard for her... If you couldn't save her, nobody could. Heartbreaking as it is, we have to accept that her injuries were just too severe, and the best care in the world could do nothing but buy her a little more time.
My sympaties to you, and also to Ray and Pat.
Circle of Love

I'm sure Tufty is in a much better place, flying without a care, happy and free. She got to know the meaning of love, safety and kindness, and she will take those memories away with her, just as we will never forget her.

Fly free, dear Tufty! pigeon 1

Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest - Page 2 RainbowBridge1
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest   Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 11:44 am

Janet - I just read thid thread and am terribly sorry that you lost the fight for Tufty. Very sad Very sad Very sad You fought for her so badly, hoping for a happy end and now this. Sometimes life is so cruel. It gives us little presents and hopes only to take it away again. It is so frustrating especially as it looked really promising. The look in Tufty's face and her eyes said there was hope. And now this.

It is cruel, it is so sad. Fly high now little Tufty, fligh as high as the sun and keep an eye on Janet and everyone who cares...

pigeon 1 Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest - Page 2 35455
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest   Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help please - Found a poorly Pigeon with lumps on its chest
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2