Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Ferals on main power house line

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
technocactus

Ferals on main power house line Empty
PostSubject: Ferals on main power house line   Ferals on main power house line Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 1:00 pm

Oh how I miss this group... I love it/them I love it/them

Can anyone tell me how strong a main house power line would be (the electric wire cable that connects from my house to the outside post) when pigeons perch on them. I worry my main power line might give way when they (about 40) perch on it at one time. I hate to shoo them away. They perch daily to wait for their feed. If I post this at Facebook or ask an electrician, i know what the answer from pigeon haters would be - stop feeding them! (I just can't Embarassed Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Ferals on main power house line Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferals on main power house line   Ferals on main power house line Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:23 pm

Oooooh, that's a tough question... Hmmm

Let's see... 40 pigeons, at say 330g each, that would be 13.2 Kg. It's quite a bit for an electrical wire, but as they are distributed along it, rather than just putting pressure on a single spot, it might hold. But that's just a 'might'...

It's worrying, because I remember reading about electrical burns on pigeons, and it's just horrible beyond words. If it should snap... Serious EEK!! Serious EEK!! Serious EEK!!
Is there any chance of feeding them a little earlier (so they don't perch for long) or a bit further away from the wire? Or even to create, or get them to use, another perch?

PS. Nice to see you here! cheers Universal hug
Back to top Go down

Ferals on main power house line
Page 1 of 1