Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

PLEASE HELP!!REARING BABY WOODIE!!

Go down 
+4
Cynthia
Capuccino
AZWhitefeather
lissy27
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lissy27

PLEASE HELP!!REARING BABY WOODIE!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLEASE HELP!!REARING BABY WOODIE!!   PLEASE HELP!!REARING BABY WOODIE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:28 am

Im sorry everyone, Geogre has just left us, when i was last posting Very sad
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE HELP!!REARING BABY WOODIE!!   PLEASE HELP!!REARING BABY WOODIE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:34 am

I'm so sorry. Thank you for being with him and all you did to help him.
Back to top Go down
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE HELP!!REARING BABY WOODIE!!   PLEASE HELP!!REARING BABY WOODIE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:11 am

I am so so sorry. I have only just got back from taking a bird to the rescue centre and am gutted I wasn't here to help at the time you needed.

Whatever happened please don't blame yourself, it's not easy rearing babies and you did everything you could, and gave him a chance that he wouldn't have had if you hadn't found him in the first place. I've lost a few in my time and I know how you must feel right now.

Thank you to you and your husband for being there for George.

Take care,

Janet x Dove right

Last edited by jamy on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cynthia

Cynthia

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE HELP!!REARING BABY WOODIE!!   PLEASE HELP!!REARING BABY WOODIE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:21 am

Like Janet I was out.. PLEASE HELP!!REARING BABY WOODIE!! - Page 2 Icon_cry but the advice that was offered is what I would also have given. I am so sorry about George.

I just want to say on the possibility of having overfed that if he didn't start panting until well after you fed him then that was probably not the cause. I remember ringing a rehabber in despair a few years ago because I could see food at the top of the throat of a woodie fledgeling that I had just fed, she told me that if the baby wasn't panting it would be OK...and it was. The next time it happened was when a half starved baby woodie overfed himself as I was feeding using the syringe and balloon method, he was also OK after a while.

Whatever caused his death was probably whatever also prevented his crop from emptying after his morning meal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeon-aid.pigeon.net/
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE HELP!!REARING BABY WOODIE!!   PLEASE HELP!!REARING BABY WOODIE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:03 pm

I am so very PLEASE HELP!!REARING BABY WOODIE!! - Page 2 449304 Lissy.

You and Steve are true PLEASE HELP!!REARING BABY WOODIE!! - Page 2 803589 s. Thank you so very much for doing what you could for little George. Bless you both.

PLEASE HELP!!REARING BABY WOODIE!! - Page 2 735397 May you forever fly free sweet little George PLEASE HELP!!REARING BABY WOODIE!! - Page 2 735397
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Little Fledgling
Special Pigeon Angel
Little Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE HELP!!REARING BABY WOODIE!!   PLEASE HELP!!REARING BABY WOODIE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:56 am

I'm so sorry for you all - what a sad outcome. You did all you could and couldn't have done any more.

Wend
xx
Back to top Go down
lissy27

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE HELP!!REARING BABY WOODIE!!   PLEASE HELP!!REARING BABY WOODIE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:10 am

Thank you all so much everyone for your kind words, I turned the computer off yesterday as soon as id typed he had passed away , as i couldnt stop crying Very sad The little guy got into my heart straight away and its been playing on my mind all day that we mustve done something wrong.

Im a big animal lover, infact id go so far to say i prefer animals to (most) people. When i first found this site whilst looking for info on baby woodies i couldnt believe there was a forum dedicated to pigeons - im a member of a few dog breed forums where people are devoted to 'their' breed of dog but i was suprised to see a forum like this...and im glad i did , its really heartwarming to find people who love birds so much and felt the same as me and hubby about Geogre, Not like general people who would just say 'its only a bird' Evil, wrong doing

So really all i wanted to say is..
You are all great. Keep up the good work and im sure i will log on again if ever i found a injured bird/baby bird. Thanks again.

Lissy27

PS.

We buried George under a big conifer in our garden that has woodpigeons nesting in it every year. Its times like this i really hope there is a heaven. Fly free George pigeon 1 x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE HELP!!REARING BABY WOODIE!!   PLEASE HELP!!REARING BABY WOODIE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PLEASE HELP!!REARING BABY WOODIE!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2