Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*

Go down 
+6
Matilda
Teresa
Capuccino
Cynthia
AZWhitefeather
rattyfied
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rattyfied
Special Pigeon Angel
rattyfied

Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Empty
PostSubject: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 12:37 pm

Hi there/Bye
i live on the middle floor of a small block of flats in south central England
opposite my kitchen window there is a flock of ferals wih a large percentage of white birds
Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* RIMG0723crpcmp Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Roofcmp

about 3 weeks ago i noticed a beautiful white pigeon on the balcony which is effectively our front porch, she appeared to be nesting...i called her Luna
Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* RIMG0259crpcmp Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* RIMG0261crpcmp

more pics of Luna:
Luna's nest
Luna portrait
arriving for her shift

during the day this handsome chap turns up...now known as Apollo
Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* RIMG0264crtcmp Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* RIMG0003crtcmp

more pics of Apollo:
Apollo on nest
Apollo portrait

the balcony is quite sheltered - it's like a room with a large un-glazed window, but being on the way to our front door there is daily traffic
however, Luna & Apollo have chosen their home and stuck with it
earlier this week i found a large piece of egg shell
several peeks into the corner later i saw my first baby pij
Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Lunamum

Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Apollodad3

different angle: Apollo dad

it was a little while before i saw baby faces, but eventually i got my chance
Luna is very protective, these 2 shots show how she fluffs her neck in an attempt to look bigger & hide the bubs:
"almost-normal" Luna and fluffed-up Luna

when dad's on duty photo ops are a bit easier as he shrinks away
look at the proud father Smile
Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Dadsturn

a bit of patience can be rewarding: mum & baby
and with some care...
Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Babypij

hope you like
there will be an update soon Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rattyfied/sets/
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 12:51 pm

Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* 4134 for sharing your balcony pijjies with us.
Loved the photos. Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* 334215 Your first photo is absolutely stunning and definitely one of a kind. Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* 142829
I don't think there is anything cuter than to see a baby peeking out from under Mom or Dad. Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* 893919
We will be looking for updated photos, that's for sure. Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* 922425 Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* 922425
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Cynthia

Cynthia

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 12:56 pm

Beautiful photos, thank you! I am so glad that they found your balcony!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeon-aid.pigeon.net/
Capuccino

Capuccino

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 1:05 pm

Love 'em That's too funny

Gotta love little yellow fuzzball peeking out from under Luna

Cool photos
Back to top Go down
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~pidgie/index.htm
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 1:59 pm

Wonderful photos, Rattyfied, thank you for sharing them with us. Luna and Apollo are so beautiful! I wonder whether the babies will resemble one or both of them. So, now that you started, please keep on posting photos! We love photos!
Picture(s)/video Picture(s)/video Picture(s)/video
Back to top Go down
rattyfied
Special Pigeon Angel
rattyfied

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:51 pm

i'm a bit behind with the photos; these were taken Sun 20th whilst Apollo was out shopping

Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Babies1 Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Babies2

Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Babies4 Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Babies7

more pics here:
babies3
babies5
babies6
babies8

do you think the one with the more pronounced dorsal stripe might be the boy? it looks a little larger i think

this was yesterday, Mon 21st
Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Dadandchick

Last edited by rattyfied on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:56 pm

What a lovely thread! Happy
I love the dialog and your pictures. Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* 142829
Back to top Go down
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 2:22 pm

Beautiful birds! I love dad's coloring. I love it/them Thanks for sharing their story. Don't those baby pigeons grow fast!? It never fails to amaze me. Cool photos
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/PigeonFriend
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 2:26 pm

Love the updated photos. Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* 334215 And the caption below.

rattyfied wrote:
i'm a bit behind with the photos;
these were taken Sun 20th whilst Apollo was out shopping

Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* 164371 Love it!
Back to top Go down
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:01 pm

Lovely story and pictures, those babies are looking well fed and healthy.

Janet
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 6:19 am

Lovely photos and I must say what beautiful birds - especially the mother. We have not a single white bird here in our flock but very funnily spreckled ones.
I absolutely Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love your pictures!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
rattyfied
Special Pigeon Angel
rattyfied

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:28 pm

tuesday's pics:

Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Tues1 Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Tues2
Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Tues3 Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Tues4

they had been pretty quiet when visited but this time they squeaked at me when i spoke to them
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:47 pm

Oh my goodness! What a couple of doll babies. Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* 893919
And look at the difference of color in their faces.

Just too cute . . .
Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* 4134 for posting the updated photos. Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* 142829
Back to top Go down
rattyfied
Special Pigeon Angel
rattyfied

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 3:25 pm

such a difference in just 2 days! Happy

thursday's pics
Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Tues4 Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Thur2
Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Thur3
Back to top Go down
rattyfied
Special Pigeon Angel
rattyfied

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:53 pm

so i worked from home today, which gave me a chance to clean the nest corner, tomorrow i'll do a bit more...put down some hay as recommended by Matilda (thanks)
and while i was out there of course the camera was with me; i will refrain from doing a major pic spam

little squab 1
little squab 2
little squab 8
little squab 9

big squab 3
big squab 4
big squab 5
big squab 7

dad 11
dad 12
dad 14

Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Fri6

Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Fri10

Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Fri13

my 6 faves of the day can be viewed in better detail on my flickr photostream
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 5:19 pm

rattyfied wrote:

so i worked from home today, which gave me a chance to clean the nest corner, tomorrow i'll do a bit more...put down some hay as recommended by Matilda (thanks)
* and while i was out there of course the camera was with me;

i will refrain from doing a major pic spam
* Boy does that have a familiar ring.
I'm sure my guys used to think the camera was a permanent fixture to my body. Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* 164371 Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* 164371
It's so much fun watching these two grow. Their feather coloring is going to be stunning. Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* 98152
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 6:28 pm

Great pictures. Laughing
I'm sure they will appreciate a dry and clean place to rest their little bums. Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* 142829
Back to top Go down
rattyfied
Special Pigeon Angel
rattyfied

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:13 pm

light wasn't too good today - shame cos the babies' plumage has really fluffed up nicely
i'm taking a guess that the lighter pij is a girl - being slightly smaller and less developed
they now have names - suitable for a boy or girl, according to the website i found, just in case Wink
Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* 106767 hope "Yun" is a girl, cloulds are feminine in Chinese whatever that names site says

"boy" pij is a fidget, keeps stretching and preening but the shutter speed is too slow to catch

managed a few pics tho:

introducing: Yun (Chinese for cloud) & Sora (Japanese for sky)
Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Sat1 Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Sat6

look at her egg-tooth
Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Sat3 Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Sat2

Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Sat5 Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Sat4

it's 01:00 here now, and the babies are alone...i didn't see Luna at all "today" (in my terms cos it's before bedtime)
Apollo turned up earlier...about 10:30 this morning but not sure when he left

is it ok them being left all night?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 7:13 pm

I f ever you fell uncomfortable about them being oput over night, do bring them inside...just make sure you return them to the nest at first light so they get fed by dad.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 7:47 pm

Cool photos
The babies are just beautiful, and I really like the names you chose for them!
Back to top Go down
rattyfied
Special Pigeon Angel
rattyfied

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 12:25 pm

so i had a little scare earlier - hadn't seen Luna or Apollo since yesterday lunchtime
Cynthia and Cindy helped put my mind at rest - thanks guys -
but not so much as the racket Happy Dance when Apollo showed up around 4pm; the babies mugged him and i could hear the squealing from indoors!
peeking thru the letterbox i heard squeaks, squeals and quacks, plus flapping wings and the occasional low "coo" from dad

after he'd gone i took a peek & found 2 much happier squeakers

so here's today's pic update

Sora shaking his tail
Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Sun2

i spy flight feathers - Sora's been doing a lot of wing-stretching
Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Sun5

look at Tsai Yun's shoulders, i think it's a lovely colour
Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Sun6

Sora giving me the eye
Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Sun7

a few more:
waiting for food
nice view of Tsai Yun's wing
Sora pecks at the windowsill

these guys are so funny; i checked their crops earlier....just in case
Tsai Yun takes after mum Luna...she gets quite stroppy, clicking her beak and pecking me defensively
Sora, like dad Apollo is more laid back; he pecked at me but it seemed more out of curiousity
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 1:20 pm

rattyfied wrote:
so i had a little scare earlier - hadn't seen Luna or Apollo since yesterday lunchtime
* Cynthia and Cindy helped put my mind at rest - thanks guys -
but not so much as the racket Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* 573503 when Apollo showed up around 4pm; the babies mugged him and i could hear the squealing from indoors!
peeking thru the letterbox i heard squeaks, squeals and quacks, plus flapping wings and the occasional low "coo" from dad
** after he'd gone i took a peek & found 2 much happier squeakers

* You're most welcome. Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* 142829
** I'm glad to hear all is well. Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* 344674
Back to top Go down
Cynthia

Cynthia

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 2:09 pm

Their little crops look nice and full! As the old pigeon saying goes "Full crop, happy heart!".... Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* 106767 Maybe I should reword that: "Newly filled crop, happy heart!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeon-aid.pigeon.net/
rattyfied
Special Pigeon Angel
rattyfied

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:44 pm

oh dear i've got it bad Circle of Love Embarassed ...last night i had this awful dream that something happened to Apollo
but when i woke around 7am i could hear that wonderful noise again and there he was, doing the breakfast shift Feeling great

still haven't seen Luna I have NO idea

todays pics then:
Tsai Yun's flight feathers are doing well.........................................Sora is preening again
Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Mon1 Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Mon2

waiting for nest cleaning
Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Mon8 Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Mon13

more:
mon3 mon4 mon5 mon6
mon7 mon9 mon10 mon11 mon12 mon14 mon15 mon16

and bonus little video
- you can hear them talking and stamping their feet
they were both really active today...stretching wings, flapping, preening and stomping around Happy
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:06 pm

They get cuter every day. Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*   Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Luna, Apollo and their babies *pic heavy*
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next