Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+13
Shalimar
Jenaka
pigeonwriter
EgypSwiftLady
Teresa
rattyfied
jamy
Birdbarn
Cynthia
plamenh
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
NiteOwl
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:36 pm

SCOOTERS STANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some of you may remember that Don and I took in a little feral rescue a couple of months ago. He has a badly splayed leg, and couldn't walk or even stand. He lives in a cage in our living room, and visits with us everyday. We practice flying, and try to help him to strengthen his good leg, as he needs to learn to stand on it in order to fly. And I wanted to post this update on our very special little bird.
I'm sooooooo excited! He has been able to get up, just a little, to fly a bit. He loves to fly, and we practice that. And he really enjoys it, so now he tries to stand up so that he can take off. Tonight, he was sitting on Dons lap, as he often is, and he got up and flew around in a circle and then returned to Dons lap. It was soooo cool. He has just been able to get up to fly to me, But tonight, in his cage, he was standing up and turning around. He would go down, but got right up again. He stood there looking at me as I grabbed my camera to take his picture. And just now, when I went to take him from his cage, he took a couple of steps toward me. OMG! He can stand, And WALK!
I'm so glad we took him. He has come such a long way. What a little fighter. I'm so proud of him.

SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ScooterStands004

SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ScooterStands007

We just love this little one. I love it/them cheers Way To Go YESS!!

Thank you Lord for answering our prayers.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:57 pm

Congratulations. That is wonderful. Way to go ...Scooter...you are a Star!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:30 pm

Three cheers SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 359893 and two thumbs up SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 526287 to you Scooter.
Way to go!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:46 am

That are great news! I love how adaptable these birds are and they never give up. We should learn a lot from them.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 8:04 am

plamenh wrote:
That are great news!

I love how adaptable these birds are and they never give up. We should learn a lot from them.

SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 121820 plamenh.
When I think of what little Phoenix (and many other pigeons and doves) endured, coped with and survived I really have to wonder about us humans sometimes.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 8:12 am

Nite Owl,
Had it not been for the love and devotion you and Don have, Scooter would not have flourished as he has.

With that said . . .

Three cheers SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 359893 , two thumbs up SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 526287 and a big SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6049 to you both.
SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 373866 lots!

Please do keep us updated.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:24 am

plamenh wrote:
That are great news! I love how adaptable these birds are and they never give up. We should learn a lot from them.

Isn't that the truth. I appreciate your positive attitude, plamenh. Thank you for being you.
Back to top Go down
Cynthia

Cynthia

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:30 am

That is wonderful news! Well done Scooter! Well done you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeon-aid.pigeon.net/
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:07 pm

SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 116281 SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 116281 SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 116281 SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 116281 SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 116281 SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 116281 SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 116281 SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 116281 SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 116281 SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 116281

That is great news!!!

I'm so happy for you and him.

He is so cute and very very lucky to have you.

SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 116281 SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 116281 SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 116281 SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 116281 SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 116281 SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 116281 SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 116281 SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 116281 SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 116281 SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 116281
Back to top Go down
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:14 pm

You're an inspiration Scooter. Way to go

A really heart warming story, we can learn a lot from these brave souls.

Janet
Back to top Go down
rattyfied
Special Pigeon Angel
rattyfied

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 1:49 pm

that's fantastic news That's too funny
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rattyfied/sets/
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 9:26 pm

Well done Scooter, you clever baby! Happy Dance Thrilled Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 9:00 am

[b]YIPPEEEEE!!!!! Right on Way To Go YESS!! Keep up the good work Scooter. Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 1:38 pm

This morning, I opened his cage but didn't take him out. I just wanted to see what he could do. Never really thought that he could maneuver past the bottom bars in the doorway, to get out. I sat across the room speaking to him, with camera in hand, not really expecting him to do much. All of a sudden, he jumped past the bottom bars and flew across the room to me. I sat there with my mouth wide open, and my camera, which I didn't use, because I was in shock!I missed getting a picture of his first solo flight from the cage! Most other birds have had to perch on those bars to take off, but Scooter cleared them! I couldn't believe it. Here he is sitting...................................No. STANDING in the window beside my computer. Just no telling what he will do next with his new found freedom. Boy, are the pijjies in the loft going to be surprised when we visit them again. LOL.

SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scoots020
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 1:41 pm

That's just amazing. I'm so happy about Scooter's new found freedom especially you I think about what might have been... Very sad
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 2:00 pm

Great picture! SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_flower
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 4:57 pm

NiteOwl, I have been following this moving story closely and I am so happy for Scooter and for you. This is so wonderful that I cannot express enough words. It is amazing how these birds can get over injuries, sickness with the true will for surviving. I am sure he knows about your love for him and he wanted to make you proud.

More and more I believe that these birds have a feeling for what you are thinking and feeling and there is an unconditional love coming from them, that no human being is capable of.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 9:25 pm

Well since he can fly, and tries to land on the back of my computer chair to be near me, I figured I'd have to make him a little shelf to perch on. So I built him his own little place to sit. When Don took him from the cage tonight, he flew right to me at the computer, saw his shelf, and landed right on it. Now he can be out of the cage, with a way to be with me even when I'm on the computer. He loved it, and even started splashing in his water dish. Guess he must be comfortable in his new spot.

SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ScootersShelf3
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 10:22 pm

Ahh...he looks very comfortable.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:14 pm

I love that photo. It's so quaint and comfy and cozy looking. SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 458406
Back to top Go down
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:52 pm

Aww what a happy little fellow! What more can a pijji ask for. Happy I love it/them
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/PigeonFriend
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 12:25 am

Obviously he has some agenda. That's too funny
Scooter is brave little pigeon and I admire his courage and determination.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 9:24 am

well, at least now he can keep me company, and I can still type. LOL. This is the first pijjie kept in the house who doesn't run all over the keyboard. That part is nice. Don't you just hate it when they finish your post for you? Oh brother
Back to top Go down
rattyfied
Special Pigeon Angel
rattyfied

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:16 am

he looks so relaxed I love it/them
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rattyfied/sets/
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:32 am

Scooter look so at home, absolutely no stress lines on his lovely face, just peace. I love it/them

Janet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next