Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+13
Shalimar
Jenaka
pigeonwriter
EgypSwiftLady
Teresa
rattyfied
jamy
Birdbarn
Cynthia
plamenh
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
NiteOwl
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 7:25 am

Smile Hi Nite Owl-It has been a month and was wondering how Scooter is doing. Any updates? Still staying off the key board?

In the picture I noticed a wood stove burning in the background. Is that your only source of heat?
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 9:54 pm

Birdbarn wrote:
Smile Hi Nite Owl-It has been a month and was wondering how Scooter is doing. Any updates? Still staying off the key board?

In the picture I noticed a wood stove burning in the background. Is that your only source of heat?

Hi, and thanks for asking about Scooter. He's doing very well. I sometimes bring him into the loft with me while I clean. I put him in the small wooden box that I use to hold nesting materials for the other birds. But he almost immediately flies up to me. I had set up a cage for him in the loft, where I thought he would enjoy watching the other birds, but he doesn't seem to like being left in there. He's okay if I'm there, and hold him, but he doesn't like going into the cage, or me leaving him out there. I think he is intimidated by the others. He loves being out in the house though, and when I take him out of his cage, he flies over to his perch in the living room. He's out for hours every day, and actually bites us when we pick him up to place him back in his cage. He chases me around as I get ready for work in the morning. He has lots of personality. What a little character.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 9:56 pm

We wouildn't mind a few more pictures. SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:42 pm

LOL. Okay. I'll try and post them tomorrow. This Owl is VERY tired tonight, and have work tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:44 pm

Nite...Owl. SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 458406
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 11:17 pm

I'm glad to hear that Scooter is doing well.
Yes, by all means, when you have a minute, it would be great if you could post a couple photos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:10 am

Smile I'm really happy to hear that Scooter is progressing well and enjoying the inside life you created for him. You have done a super job!! He is so devoted to you. Smile
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:17 am

So glad to see & hear Scooter is doing so well and is so happy. Great job

Do ya think he could move over a bit and make a bit of room so I could sit by the fire with him??? He looks so warm & comfy. Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:19 am

I'll say this for NiteOwl...once she takes something on, she gives that something her whole heart with no conditions making it impossible for that something not to thrive. SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 848164
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 7:45 pm

Thanks everyone, although I believe that we are blessed to have him. And birdbarn, I never answered your question about the wood stove in the living room. Actually, no that isn't our only heat source. With animals it's hard to find somewhere to go if during our New England winters we should lose electric for a while. If that happens, you also lose your heat, as it is electric start nowadays with gas. I've always wanted an alternate heat source, that would work without electrical power, so last fall we finally had our contractor install a gas fireplace that doesn't need electric power to run. He built a cute brick fireplace around it complete with mantle. Now, thank God, we don't have to worry about the weather. Just turn on the fireplace and stay warm and cozy. I can remember one bad storm where I had to boil huge pots of water on the stove for steam heat. It works, but this is lots better. LOL.
Charis, that was really a sweet compliment. Don't know as I deserve it, but thanks.
And Robin, Scooter would just love the company to snuggle by the fire. He just loves attention. LOL.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 8:02 pm

My folks lived in Redding, CA where the winters can get pretty darn cold.
My Dad decided to put in a wood burning stove. It was beautifully done.
A few winters they found themselves and their neighbors without electricity for a while.

Mom and Dad were warm and cozy the entire time with their wood burning stove. I remember them putting a pot of soup on the 'stove' in the afternoon filling the house with a wonderful fragrance and had a wonderful dinner. They never missed a meal.
Pretty soon some of the neighbors began installing wood burning stoves. SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 26340
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 8:04 pm

Cindy, that was a nice story. I can almost smell the soup warming. It's making me hungry.
Back to top Go down
Shalimar
Special Pigeon Angel
Shalimar

PostSubject: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!AND WALKS !!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 8:16 pm

That is absolutely GREAT, I read the posts and I am so glad he is getting better... and now sitting at the window....by your computer..... and a mighty fine looking Pigeon too...Go Scooter GO !!! Great job
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 7:59 am

NiteOwl wrote:

And Robin, Scooter would just love the company to snuggle by the fire. He just loves attention. LOL.

Right on Circle of Love SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 789920
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 9:45 am

Scooter is # 1 He will now compensate leg issue with flying virtuosity. Way To Go
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 6:36 pm

SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 100_1612-1
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 6:40 pm

Scooter, you are just too cute. SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 893919
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 6:43 pm

Scooter sure is a cutie pie! SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 142829
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 7:00 pm

Ya he's cute alright, until you try to put him back in his cage!
Back to top Go down
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 7:34 pm

Merry Christmas to you too Scooter! I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/PigeonFriend
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 8:01 am

Merry Christmas to you too Scooter! Such a sweet and resilient baby you are I love it/them
I am so happy for Scooter and the improvement he has shown Way To Go Thanks Jay for taking such wonderful care of Scooter Great job
Back to top Go down
Joyfulsongtree
Guardian Angel
Joyfulsongtree

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:04 pm

This is a wonderful thread! Congratulations
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:41 pm

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Hip Hip Hooray Thrilled Thrilled Celebrate Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:26 pm

Thanks. Scooter is doing better and better. If we let him out in the morning before work, he flies around and follows me as I get ready. He follows me into the bathroom while I dress and fix my hair, and there really isn't anywhere comfortable for him to perch, so the other day I put up a small shelf over the sink. Now he can come in with me, and has his own little seat to survey everything going on. Here he is checking it out for the first time.

SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 020-2

Last edited by NiteOwl on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:29 pm

That's cute, Jay. I like the way you think of ways to accommodate him. You really go the extra mile for Scooter and I agree that he is soo... worth it. SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 259792

Last edited by Matilda on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SCOOTER  STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AND  WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SCOOTER STANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next