Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Question about Baby Feral

Go down 
+9
Joyfulsongtree
Teresa
plamenh
priya
EgypSwiftLady
AZWhitefeather
NiteOwl
Matilda
jimc2000
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:50 pm

First of all, I want to add my very best wishes for Tehya, and the hope that the vet's appointment this Friday will be a turning point for her! Dove right
Reading the most recent developments has been a rollercoaster: disbelief and anger at the vet's attitude and misconceived ideas, her brutal tratment of the baby, and her rush to euthanise. I noticed the reticence regarding not giving vets too much information and guessed the rest. And meanwhile the wait, but Tehya fights on -- and so have those she befriended! Jim, Jenn, Charis -- I'm just choked! You guys are totally wonderful! Pigeon angel

Jenn, the name is perfect in every way, and I was really moved with your description of your dream. I know you're determined to make it come true, and you DO have angels on your side! Special thoughts and prayers going your way, to help you help this baby. Feeling great
Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Rainbow-16
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:57 pm

Teresa...you always write healing words. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:04 am

Jenn. so glad to hear the appt. has been preponed yay! Hope it comes along fine and the Dr. should be able to remove those ugly tapes. It is so thoughtful of Jim to be trying out different ways to see how to get the tapes off Smile
I hope one of the methods suggested here works with minimal pain for precious Tehya and the tapes come off.

I agree with Teresa, i get so choked reading all this and the commitment you guys show...you all are absolute angels Pigeon angel
Prayers and healing thoughts continue for Tehya and i am getting positive vibes about her that she will heal. Jenn, you don't have dearth of angels on your side Smile
((hugs))
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:55 pm

I am nearly speechless about the development of this story and it reads to me like a crime story. Unbelievable what some people calling themselves veterinarian have in mind. But as you know I have similar experiences.
Jenn, I read about your dream and it moved me to tears. Yes - I do believe that expecially pigeons inherit something very special, a spirit that is so close to us humans - at least for those who can feel and sense it - that I cannot describe it in words. Each day I feel it more and although I miss my cat still who died in 1986 with whom I had a very special relationship - I feel there is even something much deeper in my relationship to my pigeons.

This morning we had some lovely sunshine after so many weeks of darkness and awful weather that I took my little deck chair and put it on the balcony. Then I took the food bowl and hold it in front of my belly - Angelo and Winnie jumped immediately on my arms and took their breakfast while the other pijjies ate from the floor. I cannot describe the feelings I have at these moments, they are unearthly and they fill me with so much love that I hardly can talk about it.

I very much hope that this little soul Tehya will recover. It must be! She is an angel and angels must be saved so that they can watch over us...

pigeon 1 pigeon 1 pigeon 1
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:21 pm

Hard to believe how easily people just give up on an animal. This little one has been through enough for such a young one. I think they're going to help her, as it just seems so unusual that Jim would have found this baby and way deep inside that cooling system where she was, that he could tell that she needed help. That he could have gotten to her, and she being passed on to Jenn.......................... Just seems like so much has gone down already. There must be a purpose to all that. I'll be waiting anxiously to hear what the new vet has to say, and sending healing prayers your way. She is indeed precious. I love the name. Wish we could all be there at the vet appointment. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:59 pm

Teresa wrote:
First of all, I want to add my very best wishes for Tehya, and the hope that the vet's appointment this Friday will be a turning point for her! Dove right
Reading the most recent developments has been a rollercoaster: disbelief and anger at the vet's attitude and misconceived ideas, her brutal tratment of the baby, and her rush to euthanise. I noticed the reticence regarding not giving vets too much information and guessed the rest. And meanwhile the wait, but Tehya fights on -- and so have those she befriended! Jim, Jenn, Charis -- I'm just choked! You guys are totally wonderful! Pigeon angel

Jenn, the name is perfect in every way, and I was really moved with your description of your dream. I know you're determined to make it come true, and you DO have angels on your side! Special thoughts and prayers going your way, to help you help this baby. Feeling great
Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Rainbow-16

Words like that speak straight to the heart.. Circle of Love .and I soo very much appreciate that. :Yes: Thank you Teresa.

Quote :
quote="jimc2000"]When the original vet taped up Tehya's legs, she gave me a couple of rolls of the tape. I gave one to Jenn and kept one. I did a few experiments and rubbing alcohol seems to do a good job of dissolving the adhesive. That's not the gentlest thing to put on Tehya's legs, but at least it's better than nothing. I'll do some more experiments with some of the oily substances people have been suggesting.

Great thinking Jim.. Idea/thought Thanks for trying things out that might help me! Great job Not sure if you know this.. but the tape that is under the kind you gave me isn't the same thing. It's more like a sports tape... that really sticky kind that they use in sports to wrap ankle, elbows etc... I wish I had some to do some testing with...

Tomorrow, I am just simply going to walk into the Dr.'s tomorrow with my heart set that they will help us. They just have to. :Yes: Then I will exhaust all the peanut butter, baby oil, rubbing alchol ideas. I will be interested to see if inside the bandages there are any open wounds... that my worry. Having a bad day

Dr. Burke's office did call back, because I was concerened he didn't want to see her even after I stated that the leg was set stick straight (this is not the leg the Dr. broke to begin with) Upon the return call I was informed that the damage has been done and that the only way to possibly correct it would be to re- break it.. Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 106767 WELL thats NOT THE LEG that was broken to begin with... WHICH means He UNKNOWINGLY admitted that Dr Edwards the beginning Dr.with was WRONG after all!! Shock Theres a concept! again.. FRUSTRATING. Heaven help me .. that they wouldnt even see her.. BUT The way I look at it... Is Maybe he wouldn't be able to help Tehya... and so Cute Dove my angels Dove right are making sure I find someone who can. So I am happy to have the appt tomorrow... for her, with the other Dr.!

pigeonwriter wrote:
****I am nearly speechless about the development of this story and it reads to me like a crime story. Unbelievable what some people calling themselves veterinarian have in mind. But as you know I have similar experiences.
Jenn, I read about your dream and it moved me to tears. Yes - I do believe that expecially pigeons inherit something very special, a spirit that is so close to us humans - at least for those who can feel and sense it - that I cannot describe it in words. Each day I feel it more and although I miss my cat still who died in 1986 with whom I had a very special relationship - I feel there is even something much deeper in my relationship to my pigeons.

This morning we had some lovely sunshine after so many weeks of darkness and awful weather that I took my little deck chair and put it on the balcony. Then I took the food bowl and hold it in front of my belly - Angelo and Winnie jumped immediately on my arms and took their breakfast while the other pijjies ate from the floor. I cannot describe the feelings I have at these moments, they are unearthly and they fill me with so much love that I hardly can talk about it.

I very much hope that this little soul Tehya will recover. **It must be! She is an angel and angels must be saved so that they can watch over us...
pigeon 1 pigeon 1 pigeon 1

****Thats pretty much HOW I felt when I got the return call...... Except poor Charis and Dez... I phoned them and they had to listen to me Major Rant RANT Major Rant for 20 min. I just DON'T get it LOL Thank You circling Thnak you, Dez!!!! Thank you Charis! Thank You

**Tehya.. has this unbelievable will for one who is so handi"abled" she really is an inspriration for me... I gotta say... she is a true TROOPER!

So glad the sun has returned for you Petra! and I agree my pijies just have their lilttle wings embedded on my heart! guilty as charged!

Quote :
NiteOwl :Hard to believe how easily people just give up on an animal. This little one has been through enough for such a young one. I think they're going to help her, as it just seems so unusual that Jim would have found this baby and way deep inside that cooling system where she was, that he could tell that she needed help. That he could have gotten to her, and she being passed on to Jenn.......................... Just seems like so much has gone down already. There must be a purpose to all that. I'll be waiting anxiously to hear what the new vet has to say, and sending healing prayers your way. She is indeed precious. I love the name. Wish we could all be there at the vet appointment. Good luck!

TRUST me........Me too!!!! That's too funny and Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:07 pm

You can rant to me any time. My ear will alawys be open. Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 982130 Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 106767... seem to recall you have heard a rant or two from me as well. Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 142829
Back to top Go down
Dezirrae

Dezirrae

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:38 pm

Jenn -- if you call our chat a "rant" I'd hate to expose you to one of my "rants" -- LOL... Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 321758

Seriously... as I've told you many times - don't ever hesitate to call at any time - day or night. That IS what being friends and family is all about :)

I really gotta believe that everything that's happened to little Tehya is happening for a reason... just too many "what if"s have worked out for this little one to not grow up to be something extra special. Zoe and all the other angels are sure watching over her!

Sending very positive thoughts and will wait anxiously for the report from the Dr. tomorrow
High 5
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:41 pm

Dezirrae wrote:
Jenn -- if you call our chat a "rant" I'd hate to expose you to one of my "rants" -- LOL... Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 321758

Seriously... as I've told you many times - don't ever hesitate to call at any time - day or night. That IS what being friends and family is all about :)

I really gotta believe that everything that's happened to little Tehya is happening for a reason... just too many "what if"s have worked out for this little one to not grow up to be something extra special. Zoe and all the other angels are sure watching over her!

Sending very positive thoughts and will wait anxiously for the report from the Dr. tomorrow
Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 226817

I hear ya'. Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 432120 Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 570843
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:32 pm

I hope the visit goes well tomorrow, Jenn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
jimc2000
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:43 am

AZJourney wrote:
Great thinking Jim.. Idea/thought Thanks for trying things out that might help me! Great job Not sure if you know this.. but the tape that is under the kind you gave me isn't the same thing. It's more like a sports tape... that really sticky kind that they use in sports to wrap ankle, elbows etc... I wish I had some to do some testing with...

If I remember correctly what the vet did, there are several layers of tape, and the layer closest to Tehya's skin is the tape I gave you. Of course, I was a bit distracted at the time, since the vet had just broken Tehya's leg. So I might not be remembering right. I have some of the other tape too -- I'll do some experiments on that as well.

What's really puzzling to me is that both of Tehya's legs started out straight after the first vet visit. I don't understand how one leg could have curled up like it did, while the other one stayed so straight.
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:23 am

jimc2000 wrote:
AZJourney wrote:

If I remember correctly what the vet did, there are several layers of tape, and the layer closest to Tehya's skin is the tape I gave you. Of course, I was a bit distracted at the time, since the vet had just broken Tehya's leg. So I might not be remembering right. I have some of the other tape too -- I'll do some experiments on that as well.

What's really puzzling to me is that both of Tehya's legs started out straight after the first vet visit. I don't understand how one leg could have curled up like it did, while the other one stayed so straight

hmmm... from my understanding to ""correct" the leg that is stick straight it would require breaking it to get it to bend again...although I am PRAYING that this is what Dr. Funk can tell me today. Because the one that curled up.... which is the one she broke... is functional now. she tries to stretch it as well as use it.. and her talons are clasping too.. so idk??? I have NO idea Today will tell the story I guess.... and I will let you know as soon as I leave the vet's office. I will call you on the ride home, cuz it takes a tad over an hour to get there. I'm asking for Metacam too....
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:28 am

I'm glad, for once, that you are one time zone ahead of me so I won't need to wait so long to find out what Dr. Funk recommends.

Last edited by Matilda on Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:45 am

Matilda wrote:
I'm g;ad, for once, that you are one time zone ahead of me so I won't need to wait so long to find out what Dr. Funk recommends.

LOL You'll be the next person I call! Wink Promise! :Yes:
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:56 am

What time is your appt., Jenn?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:57 am

Cindy, it's at 2:30, I think.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:00 am

Matilda wrote:
Cindy, it's at 2:30, I think.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:00 am

Jenn........Thinking of you and little Tehya.

Praying and sending you both positive healing thoughts with the Vet visit today. Pigeon angel

I'm waiting on pins and needles to hear from you.

Louise
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:22 am

jimc2000 wrote:
AZJourney wrote:
Great thinking Jim.. Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 487209 Thanks for trying things out that might help me! Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 526287 Not sure if you know this.. but the tape that is under the kind you gave me isn't the same thing. It's more like a sports tape... that really sticky kind that they use in sports to wrap ankle, elbows etc... I wish I had some to do some testing with...

What's really puzzling to me is that both of Tehya's legs started out straight after the first vet visit. I don't understand how one leg could have curled up like it did, while the other one stayed so straight.

Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 106767 ...I was wondering the same thing.
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:42 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
What time is your appt., Jenn?

It's @ 2pm ......

EEEKKK... Post edit::::: I'm wrong... Charis is right! It is @ 2:30... sorry Sorry

Last edited by AZJourney on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:44 pm

Jackie\'s Mom wrote:
Jenn........Thinking of you and little Tehya.

Praying and sending you both positive healing thoughts with the Vet visit today. Pigeon angel

I'm waiting on pins and needles to hear from you.

Louise

thank YOU Thank You Louise!!! Group hug I'll post as soon as I get home.... Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 193770
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 5:18 pm

Stay tuned. Jenn is on her way back form Phoenix and she will be telling you about Tehya's appointment with Dr. Funk.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 5:23 pm

Okey Dokey!!
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 5:26 pm

I'm here.
Back to top Go down
Dezirrae

Dezirrae

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 5:28 pm

Thanks for the heads up Charis - been on pins & needles waiting the news!
Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 0511-0806-1818-1703_Pins_and_Needles_clipart_image
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about Baby Feral
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next