Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Question about Baby Feral

Go down 
+9
Joyfulsongtree
Teresa
plamenh
priya
EgypSwiftLady
AZWhitefeather
NiteOwl
Matilda
jimc2000
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 7:56 pm

I'm here waiting too.

Give us a hint Charis......Crazy pigeon people are very impatient folks.

Louise
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:06 pm

Jackie\'s Mom wrote:
I'm here waiting too.

Give us a hint Charis......Crazy pigeon people are very impatient folks.

Louise

Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 914356
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:36 pm

What an EVENTFUL day we have HAD! The Dr. visit was an UTTER SUCCESS! Happy Dance What a relief….after all this poor baby has been through-----FINALLY someone to help us! THANK YOU GOD! Thrilled

Dr. Funk’s office and staff were absolutely WONDERFUL amazing and all those warm fuzzy words that fill the gaps! Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 789920 The entire staff we’re very heartfelt and you just immediately felt at home. Dr. Funk is so wonderful in fact; that we will use him for our vet from this point on. It is SO WORTH the 1 ½ hour drive!

He took a radiograph of Teyha’s body and it is posted below. (((having trouble getting it posted, I will work on it!!))) On it you will see the fracture of the left femur. 🇳🇴 The Dr. who originally broke it DID not set it correctly, Hmmm and therefore it has already began healing set in the position it is at, he told me that within, 2 days time the bone already healing…so it happens incredibly quick. They removed the “bad” casts and he replaced the cast on the broken leg with a new one which you will find the new and Properly set leg in the picture below as well. :Yes:

I have to keep it on her for 2 weeks and then he showed Idea/thought us how to remove it. He said that he set it so that it has an actual cast to support the bone and prevent her from damaging it any further. As for her other leg… it has no fractures and he has showed me how to correct it, given time he said it very well could prove to be a fully functioning leg. But that it may just be that she will use it to hobble around, and if worse comes to worse, we could choose to amputate it, if it created problems for her. He removed the old cast and she FINALLY HAS a LEG with skin!!! YIPPIE.. Her little leggie’s are just so cute! (As bare as can be due to the tape but sweet none the less.) So only time will tell. I will do my best at correcting the leg in small increments a day…

As for ALLLLLLL the other things the first Dr. found wrong. He didn’t see anything wrong with her :For Shame: except that her legs were splayed. She is a healthy little squeaker! :Yes: Her Keel is perfect, her pelvis is great… he even said her poops looked good since she was eating peas and corn…and once weaned that they would solidify.

He asked me to call in a week to let him know how she is doing…. he wanted to know.. how she was. He was a FANTASTIC Dr. took his time, told jokes, and stories to Ryland.. and made us feel welcomed! Not only did he, but his assistant as well… handled Teyha, with the care that I would! It is an amazing feeling to walk out of a vet appointment and feel like….your on top of the world!

After we left… we grabbed our Starbucks and headed for the afternoon rush hour in Phoenix, it took us 2 ½ hours to get home, but not one of us complained, there was a weight that had been lifted from the air… Feeling great In fact … the clouds seemed to have sensed the “weightlessness” of our day as well… because all the way home… the clouds above formed into a pigeon with beautiful sprawling wings... I am so thankful my sweet Zoe hasn't flown too far away from me. pigeon 1 Some may say the human mind can find patterns that they look for. But I wasn’t looking for it, it was looking for me. Cute Dove SO Our ride home and our day has ended with great news, a beautiful spirit that formed in the sky and a sunset to match.. A great day Indeed. Life is once again, good!
Thrilled Happy Dance Happy Dance Thrilled Happy Dance Happy Dance

Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Dsc03814new cast
Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Dsc03815new cast
Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Dsc03816My sweet Zoe, always keeping an eye on her mama!
Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Dsc03817 Sunset...so beautiful and what a way to end a day like this!
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:46 pm

Jenn..........Fantastic News!!! Happy Dance Hip Hip Hooray Thrilled Celebrate

I'm sure little Tehya will be fine under your watchful eyes and with your loving care.

I see the pigeon with spread wings in the clouds as well. It must be Zoe guiding you home.

I am so very happy for you and Tehya.

Louise
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:54 pm

Jenn thank you for such wonderful news!!!! Thrilled Happy Dance Celebrate

All I can say is YIPPPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! I am dancing around the room! Happy Dance
I knew that sweet Tehya wasn't anywhere near what the first vet said!

Give that little sweetie a soft kiss on the head from me & I'm sending you a big hug for being a truly wonderful person!

Love to both of you Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:55 pm

I'm so glad it went well, and the news was good. Hopefully, you will be able to get that other leg where it should be. This little one deserves a good life. I can see what you mean about the cloud. You can see the pij in it. Amazing! Maybe it's a good sign. She looks cute in her little cast. I'll be praying for her full recovery, and checking each day for updates. My Scooter has a leg like that. By the time we got him, it was already grown that way. But he uses it like a little hand to grab things, and to turn around with, and even to balance with when he stands. I think if we had it taken off, that he would be lost. I think this vet is going to make all the difference. Thanks for the update.
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:59 pm

Please forgive me for the quality of this ((I had to use my camera to take it off the computer screen)) so it will not be like the one I look at, but I can't figure out how to upload from the actual disc Dr. Funk gave us. SO for now.. I hope you can see the break on this... remember it will be the leg to your right... which is her left leg. ((you can see the old bandages were still on, he wanted to see what was under there before removing them.))
Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Dsc03818

Last edited by AZJourney on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:05 pm

:Yes: :Yes: I agree!!!!!! Great news. :Yes: :Yes:

and Thank you to EACH of you for waiting on pins and needles for me to post... I was trying to hurry home... But I learned that when you hollar at the cars in front of you they only go S-L-O-W-e-r! :That\\\'s so f

I am Thrilled you all are as HAPPY as I am right now... Thrilled I think I have a sugar high w/out the sugar!! Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 321758 !! Must be the Starbucks!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:33 pm

Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 982130
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:56 pm

Oh...I forgot to ask the charge for today's visit.
Back to top Go down
Dezirrae

Dezirrae

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:20 pm

Ohhhhhh Jenn.... this was EXACTLY the news I was hoping and praying so hard for!!!! I can feel your elation - and believe me - I'm just as high as you are :) And little Zehya's face just seems to say "lookie at me - fancy dancy new cast and all... I'm sure a looker ain't I?". Makes me just wanna smooch her to pieces!!! Figuratively of course That's too funny Please give that little love button a big smooch on the head from Aunti Dez too Way to go Dr. Funk sure does sound fantastic - wish there were more vets / staff with such compassion.

I knew Zoe would be with you the whole way... I suspect Zoe's been keeping an eye on this one from the beginning and hand a wing in guiding the two of you together... go back - look at the timing of events...

And the sunset is, as you said, a glorious ending to a wonderful day!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to post - I know you must be exhausted. {{{{{{hugs & all my love}}}}} to a couple angels Thank You

Now time for me to get these pins and needles out of my..... ah.... oh.... nevermind.... heheee Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:05 pm

Dezirrae wrote:
Ohhhhhh Jenn.... this was EXACTLY the news I was hoping and praying so hard for!!!! I can feel your elation - and believe me - I'm just as high as you are :) And little Zehya's face just seems to say "lookie at me - fancy dancy new cast and all... I'm sure a looker ain't I?". Makes me just wanna smooch her to pieces!!! Figuratively of course That's too funny Please give that little love button a big smooch on the head from Aunti Dez too Way to go Dr. Funk sure does sound fantastic - wish there were more vets / staff with such compassion.

I knew Zoe would be with you the whole way... I suspect Zoe's been keeping an eye on this one from the beginning and hand a wing in guiding the two of you together... go back - look at the timing of events...

And the sunset is, as you said, a glorious ending to a wonderful day!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to post - I know you must be exhausted. {{{{{{hugs & all my love}}}}} to a couple angels Thank You

Now time for me to get these pins and needles out of my..... ah.... oh.... nevermind.... heheee Tickled Pink

pigeon 1 Group hug pigeon 1 Ahhh.... Dez, will I ever sleep tonight... I am still flying high... Just such a really good day! I will have to go back and look at the timing.. I haven't done that... Hmmm well she was and will be forever special to me... I was devestated when she passed... and She could feel that. Very sad Teyha... means the same to me... she will be at my side every step of every....day Wink Oh ... and sorry about the pins and needles~ just think of it as accupunture Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 321758

Matilda wrote:
Oh...I forgot to ask the charge for today's visit.

We had 2 digital radiographs, full exam, recasting+materials and a copy of the xrays for::: $165-

Soooooo... very much more reasonable then the Avian vet I used here in Tucson for Zoe and Journey. Zoe's last visit was in the $200-'s and Journey well... HAHAHAHA... nutter It was like $800- by the time we finished with several Dr's. Added all together its a small fortune..especially these days. Having a bad day BUT... worth every cent.. to pinch pennies for a PEACE of MIND!!!!! :Yes:
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:39 pm

Hi Jenn, Hi there/Bye
I'm getting a late start at reading all the new posts. We've had a very long day. Disappointed
I'm thrilled that Tehya's visit went so well. YESS!!

I had no doubt you would like Dr. Funk. Chuck and I think he's great. # 1
As you say, his staff is top notch as well.

Sending special get well wishes to Tahya. Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 193770

Will be looking forward to updates.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:59 pm

Oh Jenn, what wonderful news! Your post had me laughing and crying all at the same time!
I'm SO happy for Tehya, for you, and for everyone who has been supporting you both!

Pigeon angel flower Pigeon angel flower Pigeon angel

Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Angel0033-pigeons
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:00 am

P.S. You're not the only one who sees birds in clouds! Tickled Pink Just look at my avatar! Wink
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:15 am

Teresa wrote:
Oh Jenn, what wonderful news! Your post had me laughing and crying all at the same time!
I'm SO happy for Tehya, for you, and for everyone who has been supporting you both!

What a beautiful picture, Teresa. I don't know where you find them, but they're great. Star quality
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:17 am

Teresa wrote:
P.S. You're not the only one who sees birds in clouds! Tickled Pink Just look at my avatar! Wink

Whoa!! I had never noticed that. Right on
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 4:47 am

Jenn - I am so relieved and send you all my best wishes for Tehya and her recovery.
Unbelievable what this so-called vet (did he win his licence in the lottery?) did first hand and what a difference the second made.
I am still shaking my head in disbelief about this story. There was not only angel Zoe helping you but a whole lot of angels from the rainbow bridge.
Bless their little hearts and yours! pigeon 1
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 4:48 am

Teresa wrote:

Oh my Teresa - you are not the only one who sees birds in the clouds - I love skies with extravagant cloudery and am always on the look-out Feeling great Feeling great Feeling great
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:18 am

pigeonwriter wrote:
Jenn - I am so relieved and send you all my best wishes for Tehya and her recovery.

Unbelievable what this so-called vet (did he win his licence in the lottery?) did first hand and what a difference the second made.

I am still shaking my head in disbelief about this story. There was not only angel Zoe helping you but a whole lot of angels from the rainbow bridge.
Bless their little hearts and yours! pigeon 1

Hi Petra, Hi there/Bye
After learning of such unethical practices by this vet, one really does have to wonder how they obtained their license. Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 106767

Dr. Funk is so gentle with his patients. Pigeon angel
He takes time to listen to your questions and answers them so the layman can understand. Great job
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:21 am

Fancyfeathers wrote:
pigeonwriter wrote:

Bless their little hearts and yours! Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 735397

Hi Petra, Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 333746
After learning of such unethical practices by this vet, one really does have to wonder how they obtained their license. Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 106767

Dr. Funk is so gentle with his patients. Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 803589
He takes time to listen to your questions and answers them so the layman can understand. Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 526287

How true and a reminder to not believe what you are told if your gut doesn't believe it too.
I'm glad Jim listened to his gut. Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 526287
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:02 am

Matilda wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:
pigeonwriter wrote:

Bless their little hearts and yours! Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 735397

Hi Petra, Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 333746

Dr. Funk is so gentle with his patients. Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 803589
He takes time to listen to your questions and answers them so the layman can understand. Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 526287

How true and a reminder to not believe what you are told if your gut doesn't believe it too.
I'm glad Jim listened to his gut. Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 526287

I do believe that there is no DOUBT that higher powers played a huge roll in ALL of this as well... I don't believe in mistakes, or coincidences as each of those are a lesson for us to learn.... and

Teresa, I NEVER noticed that on your avatar! SWEETTTTT!!! I love it! pigeon 1

Thank you Petra, for such wonderful thoughts that have been sent our way! Thrilled and 100% agree... about the other vet... and I am such a SNOT that when Teyha is healed and fully feathered, I am making an appointment with Dr. Edwards. In which after she does her exam and calls her healthy I will say, ""Funny because do you remember this, and show her the written death SENTENCE that she gave Tehya!" Im not vindictive. But a POINT needs to be made and I INTEND to make mine HEARD!

Cindy, You are very correct in your description of Dr. Funk, He is SO wonderful! thank you!!!! :Yes:

And Charis, I believe in listening to your gut... Great job . in this house... a lot of decisions depend on our guts... It has NEVER let us down!

I am HAPPY that Jim listened to his, and rescued this lil' angel. He has given me a whole lot TO smile at! And ,Tehya thanks him too. Group hug
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:09 am

Teresa wrote:

ANd I LOVVVVVEEEE this picture Teresa!! Just adore it!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:55 am

Jenn...how is Teyha today? Did she seem to be in distress over her long day yesterday?
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:25 am

AZJourney wrote:

Cindy, You are very correct in your description of Dr. Funk, He is SO wonderful!

thank you!!!! :Yes:

Yes, indeed he is. :Yes: # 1

Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 142829

Will be looking forward to updates as time permits for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about Baby Feral
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next