Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Question about Baby Feral

Go down 
+9
Joyfulsongtree
Teresa
plamenh
priya
EgypSwiftLady
AZWhitefeather
NiteOwl
Matilda
jimc2000
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:59 pm

Dr Burke has declined to see her and so Jenn is going to make an appointment with a different vet in the Phoenix area.
I was able to see how her legs have been taped, via webcam and it's difficult for me to imagine what the first vet was thinking. My biggest worry is that the tape stay on too long. My hope is that she will have one functional leg. I don't want time to run out so that it's too late to help her.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:39 pm

Thanks for the updates Jenn & Charis.

I agree with you Charis about the tape staying on too long, could be a problem.

We will be sending healing prayers your way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:11 pm

AZJourney wrote:

We have decided to name her Tehya (pronounced: ((tay-ah) it is a Native American word meaing "precious"!

Which is really the one word that describes her.

And precious Tehya is indeed, Jenn. Pigeon angel
I absolutely love the picture of her with her 'Sweetheart' blanket. I love it/them

You are a blessing. Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:22 pm

AZJourney wrote:

I’m moving onto another Dr… tomorrow…..

* As well as be calling another well known Dr. in the Phoenix area. 🆒

** Keep us in your thoughts… and I will update tomorrow Feeling great as I find out information!

* Will be thinking positive thoughts, Jenn. Circle of Love

** Always!! Wink
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:51 am

Jenn, you are a rockstar. That you for all that you are doing for Tehya...lovely name and i agree with the rest, the baby has such a will to live and is so precious. Sweet lil angel I love it/them I love it/them

About the vet, i better not start typing here, otherwise you guys may not be able to read whatever i have written Seeing red/mad Seeing red/mad Seeing red/mad
What kind of as$%^&*$ are these??? I am already mad since morning when i heard from a friend of mine that a lady, whom we were trying to help, to get her dog adopted, refused to accept our help and decided to euthanise her. Reason? Her dog is aggressive. She didn't even give the poor baby a chance Seeing red/mad
I better stop now Seeing red/mad

Jenn, prayers for the baby. I am sure with your love and care, she will make it. You and Jim took the right decision by not putting her down. I know she will survive despite her handicap. Thank you Jim for looking after the baby.
You guys are angels Pigeon angel

Will be having the baby in my prayers. Will be eagerly following this post.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:25 am

priya wrote:
Jenn, you are a rockstar. That you for all that you are doing for Tehya...lovely name and i agree with the rest, the baby has such a will to live and is so precious. Sweet lil angel I love it/them I love it/them

About the vet, i better not start typing here, otherwise you guys may not be able to read whatever i have written Seeing red/mad Seeing red/mad Seeing red/mad
What kind of as$%^&*$ are these???

I am already mad since morning when i heard from a friend of mine that a lady, whom we were trying to help, to get her dog adopted, refused to accept our help and decided to euthanise her. Reason? Her dog is aggressive.
She didn't even give the poor baby a chance Seeing red/mad

Jenn, prayers for the baby. I am sure with your love and care, she will make it. You and Jim took the right decision by not putting her down. I know she will survive despite her handicap. Thank you Jim for looking after the baby.
You guys are angels Pigeon angel

Will be having the baby in my prayers. Will be eagerly following this post.

I am so sorry to hear about this, Priya. Disappointed
If an animal is aggressive, there is always a reason. Perhaps that family was the reason. Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 106767

Bless you and Dev for trying. Pigeon angel Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:59 pm

Alrighty!!! High 5 Tehya... will be seeing Dr. Funk on Monday @ 2pm. YESS!!

I DID not GIVE any more information than needed. We just simply stated that her legs had been set and we felt it wasn't done correctly, and that we had been refered to him through several sources...who highly reccommended him.

They want to see her on Monday that way the time will be long enough , so the cast can be removed. SO there is hope! :Yes: Well, THERE is always HOPE!

In the meantime.. Our Golden Retriever (Keanu') has decided that she is his baby. Everytime she peeps.. he jumps up and runs over to her cage and LICKS the cage! lol.. quite funny... as he proceeds to tilt his head at Tehya..like "Oh~ what's wrong???Are you ok in there!" Circle of Love

Im going to have my mom help me make a pouch for me to carry her in.. that would strap around my waist or shoulders....that way she can see things with me. and go on walks with us too. Feeling great Unless anyone has seen such a thing...then let me know! Wink
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 1:24 pm

Jenn its great to hear that Tehya will be seen by a doctor on Mon. That's too funny Great job Hip Hip Hooray

I worry about the tape used on her legs, worry about the tape creating sores. How do they look?

The pouch thingy sounds great, kinda like those snuggie(?) things for human babies.
When you guys figure one out let us know because I'm sure theres alot of us who would find that useful... I always had to rely on pockets in my shirts... if the baby was small enough to fit in. Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 321758
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 1:29 pm

priya wrote:
What kind of as$%^&*$ are these??? I am already mad since morning when i heard from a friend of mine that a lady, whom we were trying to help, to get her dog adopted, refused to accept our help and decided to euthanise her. Reason? Her dog is aggressive. She didn't even give the poor baby a chance Seeing red/mad

Priya I'm so sorry to hear about the dog. Very sad Many times these dogs can be worked with to over come their aggression.

I can't blame you for being upsat.
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 1:42 pm

Quote :
I worry about the tape used on her legs, worry about the tape creating sores. How do they look?

sigh... I worry ..too. and To be honest.. If Dr. Funk doesn't want to help me.. then I am bringing her home and will work on removing them myself over a period of days...

. The tape is sticky/spongy. The best way to describe it is this. You know the tape that the NFL or other sports use to wrap and arm or elbows..or such.. it is THAT tape... and then on the outside it is wrapped with the tape that reminds me of the New "padded/spongy/bendable Band-aids." Do you know which ones I mean? SO it isnt the band-aid kind that has my blood boiling, it is the Sport tape. Her little foot that sticks out gets chilly, so I made a rice sock for her doughnut she sits in and her lil' foot rests on top of it to keep it warm! The other foot her (left one) is taped close to her body by her wing so it stays wrm being pulled up under her body.It works...

She doesn't seem to be in pain... and often stretches her wings out , and prenes... etc... she loves to be held ((once I get her in my hand the right way, which is hard due to these crazy casts. But we manage it. :Yes: Happy
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 1:52 pm

I know the type of tape you described... I'm wondering if soaking it would help get it off, that is IF you have to and not the vet.

Wow.. Mon. seems so far away :eek:
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:16 pm

Jenn....I am continuing to send healing thoughts and prayers for precious little Tehya.

Glad you were able to get an appointmet with Dr. Burke, but I also feel like Monday is so far away. If the bones were set incorrectly the longer they remain that way, the harder it will be to have them corrected. I wish you were here in Vegas, I know I could get you into Dr. Hauck or the other two certified avian Vets immediately.

You can easily make a carry along for her by taking a long piece of soft material such as fleece, approximately 12" wide by as long as you need it, by putting it around your neck like a scarf, then criss-crossing it around your chest at the bust and then wrapping it around your waist and securing it in the back. You can put a small cushion in the center of the criss-cross and place Tehya there. She would be secure, real close to you and be able to see everything as you move around.

Please keep us posted.

Louise
Back to top Go down
Joyfulsongtree
Guardian Angel
Joyfulsongtree

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:18 pm

Is tea tree oil not good for removing adhesive from birds?
It's an all natural germicide/fungicide and worked well to remove bandage adhesive from my very sensitive skin..

Still praying for all to go well for the little champ, I agree there's a really good look to the eye - and SO sweet, very beautiful with “SPECIAL” stamped right there between the eyes, above the bill!

And it blessed my socks off to read that Zoe came to you in your dream, too - prayers continue for many more such visits from her as well.

And thanks to you, Jim, for all you did for Tahya, too !!!

Last edited by Joyfulsongtree on Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joyfulsongtree
Guardian Angel
Joyfulsongtree

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:22 pm

Jenn, just re-read your post and now am thinking maybe the tape you're describing is like vet wrap (without adhesive, just sticks to itself) ? If so, that can be cut off with a blunt tipped scissor... If not, my apologies - ignore!
Best wishes,
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:25 pm

Jenn...........The thought of removing the adhesive tape from the skin or feathers brings to my mind what I used on my Snowflake, my rescue that was the victim of those horrible glue traps.

The best and most non-toxic element to use for removing any type of adhesive is UNSCENTED BABY OIL.

Hope this helps you if and when you might need to remove the tape.

Louise
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:58 pm

Update (( again )): New Dr. appt is at 2:30 on this...Friday.. they just called back and said they had a cancellation and could get us in earlier! YEAh Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 3:01 pm

Jackie\'s Mom wrote:
Jenn...........The thought of removing the adhesive tape from the skin or feathers brings to my mind what I used on my Snowflake, my rescue that was the victim of those horrible glue traps.

The best and most non-toxic element to use for removing any type of adhesive is UNSCENTED BABY OIL.

Hope this helps you if and when you might need to remove the tape.

Louise

Thank YOU Louise!
I had remembered this from another one of your posts and it was the first thing that crossed my mind. Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 106767 I am PRAYING that I will not have to have a go at this all by myself... SO cross ALL your fingers and THOSE toes!... Wink
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 3:50 pm

I rehabber I talked to after the situation with Snowflake said that she uses peanut butter to remove glue from feathers. It always good to have options. Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 982130

I'm glad the vet appointiment has been moved up. I think Monday is too long to wait.
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 3:59 pm

Matilda wrote:
I rehabber I talked to after the situation with Snowflake said that she uses peanut butter to remove glue from feathers. It always good to have options. Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 982130

I'm glad the vet appointiment has been moved up. I think Monday is too long to wait.

me too.. BUT, Beggers can't be choosers! 🇳🇴 I have angels on my side who opened up that appt on Friday... just for me. That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 4:08 pm

Yes you do have Angels. Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 458406
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 4:08 pm

Soooo glad to hear the app. was moved to Fri. :Yes:

I, like everyone else, have been worried about the tape being on for too long. Serious EEK!!
Back to top Go down
Dezirrae

Dezirrae

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 4:27 pm

Right on I'm sooooo glad the appointment was moved up to Friday!!! That is just fantastic Jenn flower

I'm also very encouraged to hear about Tehya's activities... she must know she's on her way to healing and growing up and wants to make sure her wings and feathers look as lovely on the outside as she is on the inside :)

Plenty of {{{{hugs}}}} for you both!
Back to top Go down
jimc2000
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:05 pm

When the original vet taped up Tehya's legs, she gave me a couple of rolls of the tape. I gave one to Jenn and kept one. I did a few experiments and rubbing alcohol seems to do a good job of dissolving the adhesive. That's not the gentlest thing to put on Tehya's legs, but at least it's better than nothing. I'll do some more experiments with some of the oily substances people have been suggesting.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Try the peanut butter. That suggestion came form a rehabber in Wisconsin.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:36 pm

AZJourney wrote:
Update (( again )): New Dr. appt is at 2:30 on this...Friday.. they just called back and said they had a cancellation and could get us in earlier! YEAh Happy Dance

I'm so glad you wre able to get in to see Dr. Funk.
I'm confident you will like him. I sure do. :Yes:

I wish Chuck and I weren't busy with appts or we'd meet you over there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about Baby Feral
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next