Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Question about Baby Feral

Go down 
+9
Joyfulsongtree
Teresa
plamenh
priya
EgypSwiftLady
AZWhitefeather
NiteOwl
Matilda
jimc2000
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 4:04 pm

Tehya looks asolutely wonderful. :Yes: It is obvious how very happy and comfortable she is.

You are the best bird Mommy ever Pigeon angel Way To Go Pigeon angel

Loved the pictures....thanks for the update.

Louise
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:06 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Love the update, Jenn. Thanks
Tehya is looking wonderful and sooo happy.
How adorable, going to Grandma and Grandpa's house for a visit. Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 193770

HAHAHAHA! LOL Not so sure they would agree... Mind you Tehya has never gone potty on the floor at home. but.......well......... Oh brother ...... ummmmm.... Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 106767

She kinda initiated Grandma and Grandpas Carpet with a big ole YUK squishy squirt! Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 321758 Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 321758 Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 321758
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:15 pm

Too funny...but then it wasn't MY carpet...but Oh...I don't have carpet... Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 321758 ... Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 164371
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: No more cast!   Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:23 am

Tehya got her cast off yesterday... and had her fist birdie bubble bath! She hated it! Seeing red/mad LOL.. But she looks and smells so much better! :Yes: Poor baby, it is hard to keep a BUM clean when you have to use it to move around. Her skin under her cast is thin on her legs... so it will need to toughen up a bit. This afternoon I am going to try another idea, I had for her to sit in. It is diffucult to correct the splay because her one hip is turned, and the now the leg that was broken the skin is frail.... Poor baby.It's getting her legs under her and corrected that is the hardest. I cart her around wherever we go.... I haven't left her alone since I have gotten her EVER! She has had 24/7 care.

Today we have to run errands and I can't take her so .. I am CROSSING my fingers she will be ok... I have her cage lined with a childs baby bumper and foam on the bottom ...covered in fleece. I will add blankets on the bottom so she can prop herself up. I just can't leave her in her sling... she sometimes gets her head stuck in it.. so I just can't leave her in it! I feel bad for her. SHe wants so badly to move around on her own. Disappointed For babies that have typical splay it is easier to correct, but she is not the average case... sigh.... I haven't the heart to place her in a sling 24/7 and keeps her legs taped.. I mean she wants out to be held as it is and it breaks my heart! and her legs get tired of hanging.. and to place her on a rolled towel is next to impossible.. she uses her wing to lift herself right out. In time Im sure my brain will think of something... but until then.. I just do the best I can! She is So sweet and I just adore her! Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:47 am

What did Dr. Funk say, Jenn?
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:03 pm

Matilda wrote:
What did Dr. Funk say, Jenn?

He showed us how to remove the cast.. It was very easy how he wrapped it... IMANGINE that!.. LOL...

He didin't need to see her again. He asked us last time to wait until the cast came off to start the splay treatment... to not put more pressure on her fracture. So I have done that. He said that he doubts the leg that is twisted in the socket could be turned naturally. BUT, he said it doesn't hurt to try. Her fractured leg holds promise. She can bend it somewhat, and it doesn't stick so far out to the side. Her other leg does... it will not bend in the natural way whatsoever. it sticks out to the side due to her hip. So when she is out of her sling she uses her legs .... like a paddle... in a canoe. so her legs get caught on top of her wings..

she is in her sling now.. she falls asleep as soon as she is in it. I used a hair scrunches to help to bring the sling together above her head.. so I may leave her in that while we are gone... she is most comfortable that way. I just worry! ((too much))
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:18 pm

Thanks for the update, Jenn.
Positive thoughts and best wishes continue to be sent your way. pigeon 1
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:50 pm

Thanks for the update, Jenn! It's great reading the latest news about your little princess! Happy
Incredible job you and Lizz did, creating and then customising the sling specifically for her needs!
Way To Go Pigeon angel Pigeon angel

It's wonderful seeing how she has grown and progressed since you've been looking after her! And I love the photos, and the glint in her eye -- she has bags of personality and an incredible desire to live life to the full. (She's much brighter than that initial vet, who wanted to throw away a perfectly good pigeon! Evil, wrong doing )

Very best wishes to you both! Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:06 am

I know most of you already know.. but for those who do not.. Teyha has passed over the rainbow bridge about 2 weeks ago. I couldn't post before today.. I just couldn't! and even now.. I do not want to be here.. typing what I have to say. I am glad she passed in my hands.. like Zoe did... but my heart is just broken. I have had a VERY hard time with this and still think of her daily. I'm not sure what happened. Maybe there were more complications with her than any of us really knew. She struggled daily as she was getting older.. she wanted her independance which was something she would never have. it makes me sad. I wanted so badly for her to be ok in the end. and at least be able to walk. I know she is in a better place with my sweet precious Zoe. There is just nothing like a baby pijie and the bond that happens and I miss her.... she ...like Zoe.. was at my side constantly. She has beautiful wings and now I know she can use them like she was meant too. Heaven; Take care of my babies..until I meet them again.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 7:30 am

My sincere condolences, Jenn. Disappointed
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 9:57 am

So very sorry Jenn Very sad

pigeon 1 FLY FREE AND HIGH LITTLE TEYHA Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 35455

Sending you comforting prayers and Group hug

Louise
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 10:16 pm

I'm so sorry, Jenn! Very sad Group hug

Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 PigeonAngelChild
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 10:49 pm

I wasn't sure I was going to be able to revisit this thread. Disappointed .and I am glad I have had the courage to come read all of these wonderful comments. Thank you ... and I sincerely mean that from the very bottom of my heart! Thank you!

Teresa.. the picture just ...is perfect! :Yes: pigeon 1 (((hugs))) Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 35455
Back to top Go down
Joyfulsongtree
Guardian Angel
Joyfulsongtree

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 3:33 pm

Teresa wrote:

Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 PigeonAngelChild
Me too, Jenn... Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 GodBlessYouAniDove
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 4:44 pm

Thank you too Carol! ((hugs, as well))
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:35 pm

AZJourney wrote:

Teresa.. the picture just ...is perfect! :Yes: pigeon 1 (((hugs))) Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 35455

Teresa has a knack for that. :Yes: Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:37 pm

Joyfulsongtree wrote:

Teresa wrote:

Me too, Jenn... Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 GodBlessYouAniDove

Your message is beautiful as well Carol.

You and Teresa find the most beautiful pictures, greetings, etc. I love it/them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Baby Feral   Question about Baby Feral - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about Baby Feral
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8