Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Another baby....

Go down 
+11
NiteOwl
rattyfied
AZJourney
Jackie\'s Mom
Joyfulsongtree
Teresa
priya
Matilda
AZWhitefeather
ThePigeonKid
EgypSwiftLady
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Another baby.... - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:29 pm

I agree Jenn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:02 am

Another baby.... - Page 10 100_2011

I'm glad you all enjoyed the video Happy

Precious is doing so well because of all her loving aunties too! I may be the one doing the actual work but if it wasn't for the love & devotion of the people here Precious wouldn't be the happy baby she is. I love it/them

This is what greets me before each meal! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:10 am

Ah...cute picture, Robin. Precious must be feeling better...yes?
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:14 am

Matilda wrote:
Ah...cute picture, Robin. Precious must be feeling better...yes?

Thats the funny thing Charis her energy level has always been high, kinda like the energizer bunny!

She'll see one of us and go crazy trying to get to us! Serious EEK!! That's too funny Never once did she act sick. Another baby.... - Page 10 106767
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:22 am

I'm so glad you caught it before she was really down. That's the way birds are...they pretend to be OK, even when they aren't. A little baby ibn the nest would never have survived.
Luckly, lucky, Precious and likely the unerlying reason she is with you to begin with.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:32 am

Matilda wrote:
That's the way birds are...they pretend to be OK, even when they aren't.

Its the same way with the exotics, they hide their illness until its usually too late. Thats why I have to get to know each & everyone & how they normally act.

We haven't had a baby pigeon here for awhile so I forgot what to look for with Precious 🇳🇴
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:45 am

Well it's never a bad thing to have a refresher course. Precious is your refresher course.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:56 am

Matilda wrote:
Well it's never a bad thing to have a refresher course. Precious is your refresher course.

:Yes:
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 10:23 am

Another adorable photo of Precious. Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
rattyfied
Special Pigeon Angel
rattyfied

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 11:12 am

that video is so endearing
Thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rattyfied/sets/
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:19 pm

Does anyone know how or if we can fix Precious' scissor beak? Hmmm

I have been holding her beak in place when she's out with us, I also filed a bit of the tip of her beak that was hard. This helped a bit but not enough Disappointed

I've been looking for info and all of what I've read says surgery is needed.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 6:37 pm

Robin...I don't know. I'll ask around about it though. This would be the time to correct it as the beak is still soft.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 8:34 pm

Robin............Charis is correct. If anything is to be done with Precious' little beak, now is the time to do so since the beak is still soft.

I'll give Dr. Hauck's office a call in the moring and see if one of the avian vets has any suggestions.

Give little Precious a kiss on the head from Auntie Louise.

Louise Another baby.... - Page 10 789920
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 8:46 pm

Louise...that's a great idea.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 9:14 pm

What a great thread. Robin your baby is simply adorable. You have done a great job with Precious.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:52 pm

I hope there is something that can be done for Precious' beak.
If not, when she begins to eat on her own offer her seeds in a deep dish and she should do just fine.

Please let us know how things go.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:26 am

Jackie\'s Mom wrote:
Robin............Charis is correct. If anything is to be done with Precious' little beak, now is the time to do so since the beak is still soft.

I'll give Dr. Hauck's office a call in the moring and see if one of the avian vets has any suggestions.

Give little Precious a kiss on the head from Auntie Louise.

That would be great Louise Happy

Thanks very much. Smile I tried to give Precious a kiss from you but she refused to stay still long enough Laughing So I gave her a pijjie hug. Wink
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:33 am

Today was Precious' last Spartrix pill, 5 days worth, and for the first time since she started the medication she ate thawed peas, corn & carrots AND she was able to swallow them too!

I'm planning to let her spend some time in her "Big" cage during the day so she can move around a bit. I'll have a heat pad on low with a towel nest just in case she wants a bit of warmth. Feeling great

Thank you all for your kind words about Precious Happy
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:50 am

EgypSwiftLady wrote:
Today was Precious' last Spartrix pill, 5 days worth, and for the first time since she started the medication she ate thawed peas, corn & carrots AND she was able to swallow them too!

I'm planning to let her spend some time in her "Big" cage during the day so she can move around a bit. I'll have a heat pad on low with a towel nest just in case she wants a bit of warmth. Feeling great

Thank you all for your kind words about Precious Happy

Great job Great update, Robin. Smile
Way to go sweet little Precious. Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:06 am

I'm so glad she is better. I hope Louise can give us some easy tips from Dr. Hauck to correct her beak.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 10:18 am

I called Dr. Hauck's office thismorning. I told the tech about my concerns regarding Precious' beak.

One of the Vet's will be calling me back later thismorning and hopefully will have some suggestions.

I'll update as soon as I hear from them.

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 10:23 am

Thanks Louise. YOU rock Lots!!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:58 pm

Louise did call me about an hour ago. She spoke to Dr. Hauck in great length about how to remedy Precious' beak. She is not home and so she won't be able to post for a bit.
Since she spoke to him, I will let her give you specific instructions. It does sound like this condition can be fixed if you act quickly.

There are two ways to go about the fix. One involves tapping the beak.

The other involves holding the beak in the correct position for 15 minutes at a time, as often as you can. I think that means every 3 hours during the day.
Tthe tapping may cause stress to Precious and if it does, you will not be able to continue with that method. Care would need to take care not to tape over the nostrels.

Which ever method you decide upon, you will need to open the beak straight up when you pop the peas and corn and opo them at the center back of the throat rather than at one side.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:29 pm

Matilda wrote:
Louise did call me about an hour ago. She spoke to Dr. Hauck in great length about how to remedy Precious' beak. She is not home and so she won't be able to post for a bit.
Since she spoke to him, I will let her give you specific instructions. It does sound like this condition can be fixed if you act quickly.

There are two ways to go about the fix. One involves tapping the beak.

The other involves holding the beak in the correct position for 15 minutes at a time, as often as you can. I think that means every 3 hours during the day.
Tthe tapping may cause stress to Precious and if it does, you will not be able to continue with that method. Care would need to take care not to tape over the nostrels.

Which ever method you decide upon, you will need to open the beak straight up when you pop the peas and corn and opo them at the center back of the throat rather than at one side.

Thanks Charis Happy not too sure about the taping... her beak is sooo tender at this stage, but I'll read what Louise has to say.

When I feed her the thaw veggies she atuomatically opens her mouth herself :Yes: she did the same when I had to gavage fed her too. Happy Precious always looked like a baby Robin when they think the momma's gonna feed them! In fact I can look straight down her throat Serious EEK!!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:35 pm

Check in about dinner time, Robin and perhaps Louise will have posted. Another baby.... - Page 10 142829

The reason the tapping works at this age is because the beak is soft. Once it hardens up, it will be too late.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another baby....
Page 10 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next