Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

I'm receiving a special delivery today,

Go down 
+6
tamarasommers
AZWhitefeather
Jackie\'s Mom
Teresa
EgypSwiftLady
Matilda
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm receiving a special delivery today,   I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:00 pm

I've spent most of the day with the pigeons, wiping down the walls, windows, cleaning the lights and mopping the floor. I even upholstered the top of the table, where I put their food, with a new piece of oil cloth. I had ample time to watch Peeps and Elli...where one goes...so goes the other. Fingers crossed I hope one of those other fine looking pigeons doesn't steal her heart away.

Last edited by Matilda on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: I'm receiving a special delivery today,   I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:01 pm

Awwwwwwwwwww... bless their little tappy toes... I love it/them
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: I'm receiving a special delivery today,   I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:09 pm

Teresa wrote:
Chicken love triangle, now pigeon love triangle... Jay is right, it's like a soap opera! Oh no
I think your pets need a marriage guidance counsellor... I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 46723

That's cute! LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: I'm receiving a special delivery today,   I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:10 pm

Matilda wrote:
I've spent most of the day with the pigeons, wiping down the walls, windows, cleaning the lights and mopping the floor. I even upholstered the top of the table, where I put their food, with a new piece of oil cloth. I had ample time to watch Peeps and Elli...where one goes...so goes the other. Fingers crossed
I hope one of those other fine looking pigeons doesn't steel her heart away.

Let's hope not. Shame on them
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: I'm receiving a special delivery today,   I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:45 pm

Matilda wrote:
I've spent most of the day with the pigeons, wiping down the walls, windows, cleaning the lights and mopping the floor. I even upholstered the top of the table, where I put their food, with a new piece of oil cloth. I had ample time to watch Peeps and Elli...where one goes...so goes the other. Fingers crossed I hope one of those other fine looking pigeons doesn't steal her heart away.
Well now you've gone and made me feel guilty. I've got chores to do in the loft too, and can't find enough time to get them all done. I did get the outside windows washed though, so they'd have a good view of the back yard and the feral flock that visits daily. Their windows get done before ours. Can't tell you how much Hoot appreciates that! LOL.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I'm receiving a special delivery today,   I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:50 pm

I wash the windows more often than anything else because they get so dusty.

I bought some of those black crow decals to put on the outside, so as to prevent outside birds from flying into them. That's the only problem with crystal clear windows....they are dangerous to birds.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Here's a picture of one I put in my kitchen window   I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:02 pm

I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 100_2820
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: I'm receiving a special delivery today,   I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:28 pm

Matilda wrote:

Thats exactly what I've been doing the last couple of days Happy Cleaning lofts & flights plus getting everyone else ready ready for winter.

Its great to read that Eli & Peeps are getting along so well! I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 116281 Great job
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: I'm receiving a special delivery today,   I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 7:16 pm

Matilda wrote:

The crow decal looks great on the window! I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 142829
Something else that works is drawing on the glass with board markers, which will rub off easily. I usually draw a grid pattern, but you can give free rein to your imagination, or else write, "Don't fly into the window, you dopey lot!" That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I'm receiving a special delivery today,   I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:16 pm

Great idea, Teresa but that would be a little too distracting for me...I had a difficult enough time with the flying crow decal. Don't need to wrry about me frlying into that window!
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: I'm receiving a special delivery today,   I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:11 pm

Matilda wrote:

That looks nice. I use those clear ones that you hardly notice, but they pick up the UV rays of the sun, and the birds see them. They aren't very distracting. They come in different shapes, like stars or hummingbirds, or leaves.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I'm receiving a special delivery today,   I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:52 am

Jay...the clear ones wouldn't be as distracting to me. I'd like that. When I was at the nature store, this was the only kind they had. I'll look on line for the clear ones.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: I'm receiving a special delivery today,   I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:18 pm

Matilda wrote:
Jay...the clear ones wouldn't be as distracting to me. I'd like that. When I was at the nature store, this was the only kind they had. I'll look on line for the clear ones.

I usually find them at something like Wild Birds Unlimited and places like that. You do see them, but it's not all that bad.

Here's the link for some. They're called Window Alerts. They're actually kinda frosted, but they aren't really all that noticable.

http://shop.wbu.com/products/category/567.0.1.1.25226.0.0.0.0
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: I'm receiving a special delivery today,   I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:29 pm

I just found another place that sells them even cheaper, and with more variety. I may order a few more.

http://www.windowalert.com/windowalert.html?gclid=COC4_4bDqaUCFctL5QodTQnCXg
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: I'm receiving a special delivery today,   I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:40 am

NiteOwl wrote:
I just found another place that sells them even cheaper, and with more variety. I may order a few more.

http://www.windowalert.com/windowalert.html?gclid=COC4_4bDqaUCFctL5QodTQnCXg

I just ordered some from there for our family room, its mostly all windows & I'm worried not only about the wild birds flying into the glass but our house pigeons too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I'm receiving a special delivery today,   I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:40 am

Thank you Jay for the links and taking the time to find them.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: I'm receiving a special delivery today,   I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 5:50 pm

Wonderful idea, Jay! And it's great to know that somebody cared enough about birds to have invented those clever decals! Great job

Last edited by Teresa on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: I'm receiving a special delivery today,   I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 6:29 pm

Thanks for posting the link, Jay. I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 142829

I really like the hummingbird decal.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: I'm receiving a special delivery today,   I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:44 pm

I love Fall and usually buy the maple leaves, but I kinda like the snowflakes. They're all cute. The hummers are nice too. I think I'll order some snowflakes.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Update   I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:22 pm

As it turned out...Peep chose Beetle Bug. I think she really was more interested in Elli but he just didn't understand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm receiving a special delivery today,   I'm receiving a special delivery today, - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm receiving a special delivery today,
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9