Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

St. Patties Day Babies!

Go down 
+5
AZWhitefeather
Jackie\'s Mom
Matilda
Teresa
NiteOwl
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 7:35 pm

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:35 pm

Took the little ones outside in the sunshine today to take a few pictures when I cleaned the nest bowl and box. You could really see the colors that way. One is very dark, but with a reddish tint in some of the feathers, and the other is medium/ light gray with red on the tips of the feathers. Both have little feather shafts coming out of their feet.

St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 100_7638

St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 100_7654

St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 100_7649

St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 100_7681

Last edited by NiteOwl on Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ysplace
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Oh my   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:05 pm

They are so adorable. I am sure enjoying the picture of them growing up.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:13 pm

Oh my goodness!! Those two are just too precious, Jay. Circle of Love
Thank you for posting the updated photos.

It's amazing how fast they grow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:53 pm

They do grow fast, don't they? Just 2 weeks old.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:24 pm

I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them
They are SO adorable!!!!
Amazing how quickly their feathers developed in just 5 days! Enough to see the colours quite clearly! Oh, I can't wait to see them grow... see if they're going to be a girl like mom and a boy like dad, but both with feathered feet... cuteness overload!

Thank you for posting the pictures, Jay. Blow the proud parents a kiss from me! Happy
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 9:38 pm

Jay, I absolutely love those babies I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 983488 St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 983488 St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 983488

They are both so bright eyed and healty looking. Beautiful and Blueberry are doing such a great job raising them.

Thanks for sharing their pictures, can't wait to see more as they grow.

Louise
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 8:18 am

Just too cute for words Jay! I can't wait to see their colors, even now they look wonderful!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:42 pm

What beautiful babies Jay! You must be very proud! That's too funny
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonsaspets.co.uk
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:50 pm

Teresa wrote:
I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them
They are SO adorable!!!!
Amazing how quickly their feathers developed in just 5 days! Enough to see the colours quite clearly! Oh, I can't wait to see them grow... see if they're going to be a girl like mom and a boy like dad, but both with feathered feet... cuteness overload!

Thank you for posting the pictures, Jay. Blow the proud parents a kiss from me! Happy

Yes they are cute. But the first pics were from the first couple of days, and the last pics, they were just 2 weeks. They look so different from one another. Always cuddled up together. And the parents are doing a great job. Blueberry still feeds them. Then Beautiful pushes her off the nest so HE can feed his long waited for babies. He's a very proud Pappa.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 8:25 pm

Awwww, bless them all! Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 2:51 pm

About 2 1/2 weeks now. Look like little porcupines, with the sheaths still on their feathers. Cute and chubby though, with feathers coming out on their toes. And they look as if they will have the tail of a garden fan.

St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 100_7741

St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 100_7738

St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 100_7732
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:30 pm

I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them
As Ooops babies go, these are just precious, unbearably cute! St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 983488
Have you chosen names for them yet?
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:53 pm

Those faces are just adorable, Jay. I love it/them I love it/them
I can hardly wait to see them fully feathered.
And the little feathers on the feet. Too cute!! Tickled Pink

Chuck is out of town right now but I've been telling him about the babies and he's going to love these photos. Smile
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 7:34 am

I thought I would check in to see how those sweet babies are doing, Jay.
Chuck is out of town and asked about them last night when he called. I told him I would see if there were any updates. Tickled Pink

Have you thought of names yet or is it a little too early?
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 9:52 am

Haven't thought of names yet, as I want to see what they're like first. They're doing great, and wondering around their box now.Both parents are still feeding them. I was home this morning and decided to clean out the whole box again, so I took them out, cleaned and put them back. The Momma and Dad were waiting to feed them, and as I put the grayish/red one that looks so much like Dad, Beautiful began feeding him, but when I put the darker one in, who is not so aggressive as the other, he was having a hard time getting fed as the other one kept pushing him out of the way. I watched to see what would happen, and watched as Blueberry came to the perch on the front of the box to watch. She could see that the smaller one wasn't being fed, but couldn't get to him as Beautiful is so large, and fills the box opening. I watched her as she tried different ways to get past him and get to the dark baby, but with no luck. Finally she climbed up and onto the lower part of Beautifuls back, like she was climbing a small hill, and went right over him. It was so cute to watch. She was determined that her shyer baby was going to have his breakfast. It was something to watch as both parents fed the kids. I'd have taken a picture but didn't have the camera with me at the time. They're both very good parents, and the babies show it. They're very healthy little ones.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 3:10 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
Haven't thought of names yet, as I want to see what they're like first. They're doing great, and wondering around their box now.Both parents are still feeding them. I was home this morning and decided to clean out the whole box again, so I took them out, cleaned and put them back. The Momma and Dad were waiting to feed them, and as I put the grayish/red one that looks so much like Dad, Beautiful began feeding him, but when I put the darker one in, who is not so aggressive as the other, he was having a hard time getting fed as the other one kept pushing him out of the way. I watched to see what would happen, and watched as Blueberry came to the perch on the front of the box to watch. She could see that the smaller one wasn't being fed, but couldn't get to him as Beautiful is so large, and fills the box opening. I watched her as she tried different ways to get past him and get to the dark baby, but with no luck. Finally she climbed up and onto the lower part of Beautifuls back, like she was climbing a small hill, and went right over him. It was so cute to watch. She was determined that her shyer baby was going to have his breakfast. It was something to watch as both parents fed the kids. I'd have taken a picture but didn't have the camera with me at the time. They're both very good parents, and the babies show it. They're very healthy little ones.

What a clever girl! Way To Go And what a wonderful update! I love it/them
It's lovely to hear how well they look after their babies, it's just so endearing! Now there's a lesson that many human parents would do well to take on board...

Thanks for the update, Jay! Star quality
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 7:20 pm

Thanks for the update, Jay. Thank You circling Chuck will love hearing about the continued adventures. cheers
Blueberry is quite the little smarty feathers. Circle of Love

I know it's probably a little too soon for another updated photo or two, but we sure look forward to them. Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 8:13 pm

At about 3 1/2 weeks now, the babies are getting big. We all went outside for some sunshine and a few pictures. They have really filled out.

St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 100_7805

St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 100_7821

St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 100_7785

And they have just started coming out of their box onto the shelf that runs by their doorway. Here's a picture of the whole little family.

St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 100_7841

I was outside and heard them making a racket. So I went into the loft to see what was going on. I couldn't believe it. They were on the front porch of their box, accosting poor Blueberry to be fed. she's so small that they are nearly her size now. And she and Beautiful are both still feeding. That's the first time I have seen them outside of their box.

St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 100_7871

And they have started to pick up seed on their own. They love to eat, so they do take after their Poppa!

St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 100_7852

So I'm encouraging them to eat on their own. Cute, aren't they?

St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 100_7872
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 8:49 pm

Brilliant photos! I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them

The babies look fantastic, so big and alert! Love the expression of the blue one standing on your hand -- he/she has the makings of a little handful! That's too funny That's quite a dark colouring... do you think it will lighten up considerably as he/she grows?

Love their feathery feet... too cute!

The photo of the pair of them harrassing Blueberry for food is just asking for a caption. It looks as if she's saying, 'Wow, take it easy, kids!'
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 8:58 pm

Oh my goodness, how they've grown. St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 279675
They're absolutely stunning!! I love it/them

Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful photos with us. Thank You
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 9:42 pm

Thanks Teresa and Cindy. They really are growing fast. Teresa, that dark one is actually black. I'm not sure how much they will change in color, or if he will lighten up. I hope not, as I love black birds.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:35 am

These babies are just too precious I love it/them St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 983488 I love it/them

They are growing up beaufifully.

Louise
St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 789920

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:45 am

NiteOwl wrote:
Thanks Teresa and Cindy.
* They really are growing fast.

** Teresa, that dark one is actually black. I'm not sure how much they will change in color, or if he will lighten up. I hope not, as I love black birds.

* I know we all remark on how fast pigeons grow, but when you see a comparison of the most recent photos you posted and the ones just previously posted and the short time spam between them, it really does seem amazing. St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 279675

** I love black pigeons too. I love it/them I think they are as striking as white ones. And your little one is no different.
The lighter colored one is absolutely stunning!!!
Now I guess we will have to wait until they go through their first molt. Smile
Whatever color they end up being, they'll be beautiful. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:22 am

They are just beautiful Jay! I love it/them

I love seeing the photos of the family all together & aren't those babies growing like weeds!

Blueberry & Beautiful are doing an excellent job as parents! St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 983488 St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 983488
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St. Patties Day Babies!   St. Patties Day Babies! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

St. Patties Day Babies!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next