Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Candiazoo

Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ Empty
PostSubject: Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ   Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:43 am

Mostly white pigeon with leg band - been around for over a week, but our dog nearly got it this morning. We were able to catch it and now it's resting in an outdoor cage with food and water. Hoping the owner is searching. It's a beautiful bird.

Sandy
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ   Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:56 am

Hi, Sandy. Hi there/Bye
Welcome to Pigeon Angels.
Thank you for catching and securing the little lost pij. Thank You
What are the numbers/letters on the band?

Is there any chance you could post a photo?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Candiazoo

PostSubject: Re: Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ   Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 3:25 pm

It's wearing a pink plastic band on right leg but I couldn't see anything on it.
I've been having trouble figuring out how to upload a picture.

Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ Pigeon8-9-11-r750
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ   Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 4:31 pm

OMG, he's a baby!!!! And what a beautiful pigeon, ash red is one of my favourite colours!

Thank you for taking him in, Candiazoo!

It's a shame he doesn't have a registration band. Maybe he isn't intended to be a racing pigeon, but just for breeding, or he may well be a pet. Is he very tame?
I take it you're just looking after him until the owner turns up or someone else adopts him, is that right? We'll see what we can do! Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ   Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 4:42 pm

Hmmm His flight feathers look a bit ragged... like he's been kept in a small cage...
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ   Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 5:12 pm

Thanks for posting the picture, Sandy.

Oh my goodness!! He is just a youngster. Bless his heart. Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ 983488
And absolutely stunning. Star quality
I agree with Teresa, given the shape his tail is in, it does look like he's
been kept in a small cage.

It's a shame there isn't some kind of ID on the band.
Unless someone posts a notice that they've lost a pet pigeon,
or you advertise that you've found one, there is no way
to find the owner.

If he was intended for racing, or even showing, he would have had on a proper ID band.

Please keep us posted on how things are coming along.

Last edited by AZWhitefeather on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ   Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 5:13 pm

I've posted his pic and story on Pigeon Angels Facebook and on my wall. Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ   Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 5:17 pm

Teresa wrote:
Hmmm His flight feathers look a bit ragged... like he's been kept in a small cage...

He probably has no idea how to fend for himself, and that's most likely why he was hanging around...

One idea would be to put flyers in visible places, as I very much doubt that he travelled much of a distance to your place, Sandy.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ   Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 1:53 pm

Candiazoo, I have some interesting news for you: your rescue appears to be a Roller, a special breed pigeon that performs acrobacies when it flies. And, if that's the case, he's unlikely to be as young as I first thought -- you see, Rollers have baby faces! Tickled Pink

This type of bird is not good at homing, and people who keep them also have one or more homing pigeons to lead the flock home. This means that if one gets separated from the flock during flight, he's very likely to get lost.
Have you seen any flocks of pigeons flying over/near your house?

I've put the message out just about everywhere, and I'm hoping that either the owner can be traced, or someone who keeps this breed, preferably in Arizona, will adopt him.
Could you provide a contact (email or phone) that they can reach you at, or would you rather they contact me or Cindy and we post it here?
Back to top Go down
Candiazoo

PostSubject: Re: Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ   Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 2:43 pm

Teresa, thanks for your help.
Someone else also identified it as a roller. There is a person nearby who offered to help search for the owner, it sounds like he knows pigeon people. But for now we are preparing to care for the bird ourselves. Our experience is parrots, macaws and canaries, so we're learning and making adjustments. This pigeon is so sweet and seems to be perkier today, readily eating, drinking, preening and moving about the cage. He is easy to catch and hold.

We'll do our best and keep searching lost and found. He came from somewhere. Consider him in foster care. javascript:emoticonp('Smile')

Sandy
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ   Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 12:43 pm

That's brillant, Sandy!

I had thought that you might not be able to keep it because of your dog, but if you are then that's a different story altogether.

I believe the person you spoke to is the same one who posted this:

Paki Tipplers wrote:

I already said I think I know who the birds owner is. I live on the border of Anthem, have the same zip code, and pick my mail up in Anthem. I will try to have my brother contact the person later today, were out of town and on the road. I only know of one other person in Anthem but I think h only keeps show birds. I took in around 30 tumblers for someone finding homes for. So of the person no longer wants to keep the bird, I'll take it and find it a home.

One of my friends said that pink snap-on bands are often used to identify females, so your beautiful foster pigeon may be a little lady! Tickled Pink

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ   Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 5:02 pm

We appreciate the update, Sandy. Thank You

Many thanks for doing all that you have done to help this beautiful pij.
You ar a true pigeon angel. Pigeon angel

We would be interested in any further updates as they transpire. Smile
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ   Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 5:04 pm

Thank you for you assistance, Teresa. Universal hug Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ   Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 6:55 pm

Oh, everyone has been helping, Cindy! It's just marvellous, itsy bitsy tiny pigeon, and all these humans running around to assist him/her! Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ 46723

Dove right Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ 193770 Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ 193770 Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ 193770 Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ 193770 Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ 193770 Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ 193770 Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ 193770 Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ 193770 Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ 193770
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ   Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 7:32 am

Teresa wrote:
Oh, everyone has been helping, Cindy! It's just marvellous, itsy bitsy tiny pigeon, and all these humans running around to assist him/her! Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ 46723

Dove right Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ 193770 Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ 193770 Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ 193770 Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ 193770 Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ 193770 Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ 193770 Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ 193770 Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ 193770 Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ 193770

Gotta LOVE teamwork!! YESS!!

It is wonderful how people band together to help. Circle of Love

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ   Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Found pigeon in Anthem, AZ
Page 1 of 1