Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby

Go down 
+4
Matilda
AZWhitefeather
pigeonwriter
plamenh
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby   Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:20 am

Oh MY Goodness...what an adorable baby. Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 Icon_flower
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby   Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:32 am

plamenh wrote:
Baby is fine, eating, pooping and growing. Smile

Do you have plans on releasing her, plamenh?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby   Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:18 am

Quote :
Do you have plans on releasing her, plamenh?

I don't know yet. It depends on her condition I guess. Unlike pigeons, Senegals care for youngsters even when weaned. This baby is still to young. I'm bit concerned about missing education I can't provide. On the other hand, several doves allready proved that they can find way back to the loft when in need... Most probably I'll let her choose when time comes.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby   Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 2:36 pm

It sounds like you've got a good plan of action. Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 458406
Keep us posted on the little one.
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby   Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:34 am

It was rainy day today.
With Mousquetaires recovering, Lady gone and Toppy being material girl I felt like spending day inside and not doing much.
When is written that something will happen, it will. I just could not sit inside all the time and went out in the rain to check my birds (14:00 SA time). There on the wet grass, on the pouring rain I saw tiny brownish feather ball. Another baby dove, barely alive from cold and hunger.
I took her inside, placed her by the heater (I use one of these infrared heaters). Half an hour later I gave her honey and warm water. She was sitting there, eyes closed and when I dipped her beak, she took a nice sip and that was her first response since I took her.
Another 30 minutes and this time I mixed small amount of baby bird formula. 5 ml went with syringe in the crop (15:00 SA time). Soon she lied down on the mouse pad I placed bellow her. An hour ago (18:00 SA time) I was rewarded with one small poop and big hungry cheeep. I run to the kitchen and prepared dinner for her – 5 ml formula with honey. She is sleeping in her basket now. (17:32 all quiet in Johannesburg)
Pictures – coming tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby   Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:42 am

Plamenh - they seem to have telepathic skills - or how would you explain this otherwise? I love it/them It is amazing how the ones in need always find you.

Looking forward to the pics!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby   Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:41 pm

pigeonwriter wrote:
Plamenh - they seem to have telepathic skills - or how would you explain this otherwise? I love it/them It is amazing how the ones in need always find you.

Looking forward to the pics!!!!

They do, and I know that we all do, however weird it may sound. By not believing we just choose not to pick up a phone, but it still rings. Smile
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby   Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:42 pm

Another lucky bird, rescued by a Special Pigeon Angel. Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 982130
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby   Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:17 pm

I'm sure glad you spotted the little one, Plamenh. Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 570843
I hope all goes well.

Will be looking forward to pictures.
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby   Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:14 am

Well, it was really weird (if I may say so) I have 2000 square meters garden. It was heavy rain outside and this little one was not on my usual route to the loft. Babies are camouflaged well and difficult to spot when they are motionless. So these one had winning lottery ticket. Smile
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby   Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 8:03 am

It was definitely meant to be. Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 570843

How is he doing?
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby   Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:37 am

If a picture is worth a thousand words Smile here is 2000

Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 Image049
Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 Image050

This pile of poop on the second picture shows that she were quite busy today. No syringe for her this afternoon as her crop was full to the top.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby   Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:52 am

What a little doll baby she is. Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 893919
Thanks for sharing her with us, Plamenh. Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 142829
Back to top Go down
lindylou
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: hungry orphaned senegal dove baby....   Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 1:49 pm

All right, Plamenh! She looks great (and her poops, too)!! Lindylou
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby   Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:45 pm

She is growing, eating alone now, but because she was so thin, I still give her 5 ml formula in the morning. I'm planning to move her in bigger cage with other youngsters soon.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby   Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 12:01 am

Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 Icon_redface ...I totally missed this thread and I have been wondering about her.
I'm glad she is doing so well. Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 458406
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby   Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:05 am

Brilliant 2000 words! It's a joy to see her now! Smile
Great thread, loved reading about the other rescued babies too!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby   Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 7:59 am

Appreciate the update, Plamenh.
I'm so glad things are going well. Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 458406
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby   Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hungry orphaned Senegal dove baby
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3