Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Stubborn canker lesion-HELP!

Go down 
+2
plamenh
AliBlack
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Stubborn canker lesion-HELP! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stubborn canker lesion-HELP!   Stubborn canker lesion-HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:38 pm

The store brand would be cheaper, and Walmart would have it lots cheaper.
Back to top Go down
AliBlack

PostSubject: Re: Stubborn canker lesion-HELP!   Stubborn canker lesion-HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:53 pm

I'm in the UK, I need to chat with Cynthia about the Betadine. Good news today the last lesion has gone, but he sounds a little wheezy still, so am not sure if there are lesions inside the glottis or not. Haven't been able to find out if it is treatable if lesions are right inside the glottis.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Stubborn canker lesion-HELP!   Stubborn canker lesion-HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:55 pm

When the canker goes, all the canker will go.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Stubborn canker lesion-HELP!   Stubborn canker lesion-HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:00 pm

AliBlack wrote:
I'm in the UK, I need to chat with Cynthia about the Betadine. Good news today the last lesion has gone, but he sounds a little wheezy still, so am not sure if there are lesions inside the glottis or not. Haven't been able to find out if it is treatable if lesions are right inside the glottis.

By treatable, do you mean with the Betadine or just in general? I would treat for another day. Even with the leisions gone, or appearing to be gone, there could still be some soreness.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Stubborn canker lesion-HELP!   Stubborn canker lesion-HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:03 pm

Once the lesions were no longer visible, I think I treated for 2 more days, just to be sure.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Stubborn canker lesion-HELP!   Stubborn canker lesion-HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:08 pm

AliBlack wrote:
I'm in the UK, I need to chat with Cynthia about the Betadine.

Good news today the last lesion has gone, but he sounds a little wheezy still, so am not sure if there are lesions inside the glottis or not. Haven't been able to find out if it is treatable if lesions are right inside the glottis.

That is good news, Ali. Hip Hip Hooray

I hope you are able to get down to the bottom of the wheezing and the little one continues to recover.

We appreciate the updates. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Stubborn canker lesion-HELP!   Stubborn canker lesion-HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:23 pm

Yes. I'm glad he's doing better.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Stubborn canker lesion-HELP!   Stubborn canker lesion-HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:50 pm

Glad to hear he's improving! Way To Go

About the Betadine, this is the stuff I use (one is a different brand). They're small bottles, 125ml, and both the yellow and green are the same strength (the orange is less) but what changes are the other ingredients.
The green one is for gargling and mouth abcesses, the yellow for skin complaints, and the orange is a foaming solution for bathing (good for string injury feet) and general disinfection.
Hope you can get the stuff reasonably cheap, as these are around 5 euros. If anyone needs one, I could get it for you. It's not among the 'forbidden to send by air mail' list.

Stubborn canker lesion-HELP! - Page 2 DSCNB4331-r500-1

Last edited by Teresa on Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Stubborn canker lesion-HELP!   Stubborn canker lesion-HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 6:44 am

Thanks for sharing the pics of it Teresa. That's interesting. We only have one kind. You would just have to dilute it.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Stubborn canker lesion-HELP!   Stubborn canker lesion-HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:26 am

Thanks for posting a picture of the different Betadine's available to you, Teresa.
That is very interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stubborn canker lesion-HELP!   Stubborn canker lesion-HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stubborn canker lesion-HELP!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2