Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Another baby....

Go down 
+11
NiteOwl
rattyfied
AZJourney
Jackie\'s Mom
Joyfulsongtree
Teresa
priya
Matilda
AZWhitefeather
ThePigeonKid
EgypSwiftLady
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Another baby.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:19 am

How is little Precious this morning, Robin?
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:28 am

Matilda wrote:
How is little Precious this morning, Robin?

She's doing great :Yes: She had her morning breakfast w/ clavamox added, will switch to cipro when it arrives later, Dabbed her naval w/ benedine and is now sleeping in her clean nest of paper towels & t p.

Thanks for asking Charis. Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:31 am

Thank you, Robin. My eyes were delighted to read that update. Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:02 am

Thanks for the update Robin. I'm so happy that Precious is doing well. Thrilled

Hope the Cipro arrives as schedueled.

Louise
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:29 am

Appreciate the update, Robin. Another baby.... - Page 5 142829
I'm glad everything is going well. YESS!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:41 pm

Louise tried to call you but no answer so just wanted to let you know that the cipro arrived at 12:26 PM, about 2 1/2 hrs. ahead of schedule! Happy

I'll start Precious on it tonight, I want the clavamox to wear off a bit I'm worried about too much in her system.

We thank you ever so much. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:27 pm

Robin.............Sorry I missed your call. Glad to know you received the Cipro before scheduled. Nice to know the USPS does work sometimes. LOL

Give little Precious a kiss for me and please continue to keep us posted of her progress.

Louise
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:02 pm

Jackie\'s Mom wrote:
Robin.............Sorry I missed your call. Glad to know you received the Cipro before scheduled.
Nice to know the USPS does work sometimes. LOL

Give little Precious a kiss for me and please continue to keep us posted of her progress.

Louise

:That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:11 am

How is she doing today, Robin? Have her eyes opened yet?
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:29 pm

Precious had a bad night, in fact I didn't think she would make it. Very sad

I'm not sure if I got a bit of food/liquid in her lungs or a reaction to the cipro, but she has been breathing heavily since.

I believe she reacted to the benedine that was used on her scab too, even though I used a Q tip and just applied it to the scab the surrounding skin swelled as though it was burned.

I have stopped using the benedine and haven't given her another dose of cipro.

I'm back to feeding her a very liquid exact to keep her hydrated.

I'll keep you all updated if anything arises.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:35 pm

Oh Robin... Another baby.... - Page 5 6049 if she did get food in her lungs, you must keep her on antibiotics. I would go back to the clavamox.
Can you hear a rattle in her lungs?

I so want this baby to be well.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:14 pm

Charis I have her back on clavamox, I wanted a bit of time between the cipro & clavamox, to give system a rest.

Earlier she was gaping & clicking/ rasping, I just fed her and I am releived to say the gaping & clicking has stopped. I've thicken her Exact a bit since she's back on the antibiotic.

And she is starting to open her eyes a bit. :Yes:
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:21 pm

Thank goodness. I was scared for a bit.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:38 pm

Matilda wrote:
Thank goodness. I was scared for a bit.

Me too :eek: I haven't had much sleep, even when I can, since this baby has come into my life. 🇳🇴
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:45 pm

I hope it gets better soon for you. It's really hard to be tired all the time. Just makes a person feel off. Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_pale
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:40 pm

Oh Robin...........When I started reading your posts of today, I was so scared. I want Precious to be well so badly.

Glad you stopped the benetine. I think it is propably better to just let the scab dry and fall off naturally. She is so little and her skin is so thin, I can understand why she was so senstive to it.

If you think the Clavamox is working better for her, I would do what you think is best. The antibotics at this point are as a precautionary measure only.

I do hope and pray that she continues to improve and that you are able to get some rest. Being sleep deprived can really take a toll on you.

Please take care of yourself.

Group hug

Louise
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:35 pm

Jackie\'s Mom wrote:
Oh Robin...........When I started reading your posts of today, I was so scared. I want Precious to be well so badly.

Glad you stopped the benetine. I think it is propably better to just let the scab dry and fall off naturally. She is so little and her skin is so thin, I can understand why she was so senstive to it.

If you think the Clavamox is working better for her, I would do what you think is best. The antibotics at this point are as a precautionary measure only.

I do hope and pray that she continues to improve and that you are able to get some rest. Being sleep deprived can really take a toll on you.

Please take care of yourself.

Group hug

Louise

My feelings entirely!
Please look after yourself, Robin. Hope Precious continues to improve, after that awful scare, and that you can get a proper rest tonight.
Hang in there Group hug Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:42 pm

EgypSwiftLady wrote:
Precious had a bad night, in fact I didn't think she would make it. Very sad

I'm not sure if I got a bit of food/liquid in her lungs or a reaction to the cipro, but she has been breathing heavily since.

I believe she reacted to the benedine that was used on her scab too, even though I used a Q tip and just applied it to the scab the surrounding skin swelled as though it was burned.

I have stopped using the benedine and haven't given her another dose of cipro.

I'm back to feeding her a very liquid exact to keep her hydrated.

I'll keep you all updated if anything arises.

Was the betadine diluted, Robin?
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:24 am

Fancyfeathers wrote:

Was the betadine diluted, Robin?

Yes. I've been diluting it even more & that doesn't seem to bother her. But if it's so diluted is it even doing any good?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:30 am

I don't think the diluted betadine will hurt.

How is she this morning? She's a week old now. A week old is good. Another baby.... - Page 5 98152
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:42 am

Matilda wrote:

How is she this morning? She's a week old now. A week old is good. Another baby.... - Page 5 98152

She made it through the night and was actually attacking her paper towel nest! That's too funny I guess I'm just not fast enough with the formula! Wink It's good to see her a bit spunky :Yes:

Precious is runty according to some pigeon growth photos I've found. Disappointed

I'm thickening up her formulaand after the meds are done will start adding probotics. Hoping once she's on her feet, physically, that she will have a growth spurt.

I'll try to get some photos of her later.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:54 am

I'll be looking forward to the pictures. Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_sunny
You must be exhausted.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:29 am

We appreciate the update, Robin. Another baby.... - Page 5 142829
Will be looking forward to photos. :Yes:
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:18 pm

Thanks for the update Robin.

I'ts wonderful to hear that Precious is starting to ack a little spunky and is showing signs of continued improvement. I know it has been a very stressful week for you. Precious has sure had a rough start on life, but she has made it this far because of your devotion and constant care. Pigeon angel

It is not surprising that she would appear to be runty at this point as she was denied nutrition from her parents and getting enough nutrition into her on a consistant basis has been challenging. I am sure if you are able to now feed her the thickened formula and if she is able to slowly but surely consume more, you will definately see a continued improvement in her growth.

How is the yolk absorbtion coming along? Is the scab showing any signs of shrinking or starting to detach?

Can't wait to see new pictures of her.

Hope you have been able to get some rest. Thank you so much for all that you are doing.

Louise

Group hug
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:59 pm

Robin...............How is little Precious doing today? I hope all is well.

Louise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another baby....
Page 5 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next