Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Another baby....

Go down 
+11
NiteOwl
rattyfied
AZJourney
Jackie\'s Mom
Joyfulsongtree
Teresa
priya
Matilda
AZWhitefeather
ThePigeonKid
EgypSwiftLady
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

Another baby.... - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:12 am

She looks great Robin. Circle of Love Has filled out beautifully and her coloring is spectacular.

I'm sure the feeding and eating on her own is a challenge with her beak, but she certainly does not look like she is missing any meals. That's too funny

It has taken her longer to achieve all her milestones, so hopefully she will be flying soon.

Great job with her Robin Pigeon angel She would not be alive today if not for you Pigeon angel

Louise
Another baby.... - Page 15 789920
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:54 am

Jackie\'s Mom wrote:
She looks great Robin. Circle of Love Has filled out beautifully and her coloring is spectacular.

I'm sure the feeding and eating on her own is a challenge with her beak, but she certainly does not look like she is missing any meals. That's too funny

It has taken her longer to achieve all her milestones, so hopefully she will be flying soon.

Great job with her Robin Pigeon angel She would not be alive today if not for you Pigeon angel

Louise

I agree She looks great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:55 am

She really is beautiful. Another baby.... - Page 15 35455 Pigeon angel Another baby.... - Page 15 789920
Give my kiss to her.
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:18 am

Awe~ She was probably looking at the other pij saying, "I like you and all ...But, I really like being next to my Mommy, so I'll make you a deal, if you pretend, and I MEAN PRETEND to be mean to me, I betcha' she'll take me outa here and then you have the whole place to yourself again!!" High 5 They certainly DO get attached to us. :Yes: I can't leave the room at all EVER without Sage knowing, she tells on me everytime. I just DON'T get it :That\\\'s so f I am sure Precious is no different! You are her person, and she wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 2:13 pm

Tech wrote:
She really is beautiful. Another baby.... - Page 15 35455 Pigeon angel Another baby.... - Page 15 789920
Give my kiss to her.

Thank you all Happy Precious is off course very beautiful to me & I'm glad you all think the same way.

I will give her a hug & kiss from all her Aunties :Yes: I love it/them
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 2:17 pm

AZJourney wrote:
Awe~ She was probably looking at the other pij saying, "I like you and all ...But, I really like being next to my Mommy, so I'll make you a deal, if you pretend, and I MEAN PRETEND to be mean to me, I betcha' she'll take me outa here and then you have the whole place to yourself again!!" High 5 They certainly DO get attached to us. :Yes: I can't leave the room at all EVER without Sage knowing, she tells on me everytime. I just DON'T get it :That\\\'s so f I am sure Precious is no different! You are her person, and she wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Circle of Love

Jenn sounds like Sage is quite the handful & you are loving every minute! Laughing

Precious prefers to sit on the top of her cage on her soft pad & watch the world go by out her very own window :Yes: that is AFTER I feed her... of course. That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:54 pm

Hi Robin Hi there/Bye ...........just wondering...

How is Precious doing these days Question Are you still hand feeding Question Is she still in the house with you Question

Would love a new picture if you have a chance.

Louise Another baby.... - Page 15 789920
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:45 am

Sorry for such a late answer to your question Louise.

Precious is still being a total poop about eating! Seeing red/mad

I'm still hand feeding her once a day.

She refuses to eat on her own even though I leave food for her. I've tried a large deep food dish, its a dish for large dogs, I've tried a paper plate, I put the food on the bottom of her cage.

I've given her the choice of pigeon feed or dove feed. She does sometime peck the seeds but doesn't eat enough or any to matter. I have NO idea

At this time I don't have any other pigeon, that isn't going to beat her up, to put in with her.

Yep she's still in the house because she wouldn't survive in either of the lofts.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 6:28 pm

Thanks for the update, Robin.
It sounds like Precious is just going to be a little 'stinker' about eating. Disappointed
But she's still a 'precious' little one. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:07 pm

Thanks for the update Robin......

I'm still hoping that in time she will learn to eat on her own. :Yes:

In the meantime, I'm sure you have been spoiling her rotten Tickled Pink and that she is "living the good life" inside of the house with you. Another baby.... - Page 15 46723

Louise

Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:30 pm

i saw a video before on a thing called scissor beak she probably has that, it looked very similar
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 9:26 am

zomg fishies wrote:
i saw a video before on a thing called scissor beak she probably has that, it looked very similar

You're correct about the scissor beak Another baby.... - Page 15 395766 I'm just glad that precouis' isn't very bad.

She/he does have a lot of trouble eating seed though, I'm hoping that a younger pigeon will come into our lives so maybe it can teach Precouis to eat seed. Another baby.... - Page 15 142829
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:09 pm

There's bound to be another pidgie coming soon, lol! There always is... Tickled Pink
I hope Precious will become progressively more interested in eating by herself. She's looking great and has quite a glint in her eye! Happy
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:54 pm

any idea how scissor beak can be prevented or fixed? you would think when the beak is very soft it could be fixed like spayed legs?
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 6:40 pm

zomg fishies wrote:
any idea how scissor beak can be prevented or fixed? you would think when the beak is very soft it could be fixed like spayed legs?

There's quite a lot about that on this thread, including the vet's advice and the attempts that were made, but you'll need to go back quite a few pages.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 6:43 pm

zomg fishies wrote:

Itried everything I could think of... Taping the beak, using a dental wax, holding the beak straight off/on throughout the day, a rubber band( this didn't last long becuase I was afraid of cutting off the blood circulation).

I've had misaligned beaks a couple of times before and was able to set them straight but they were never this bad. Disappointed
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 7:39 pm

im sorry i must have skipped some of the pages Another baby.... - Page 15 106767 im sorry about the beak but i think itll be just fine either way Happy
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:03 am

Just thought I would post a couple of recent photos of Precious.
( Sorry this one is fuzzy)

Another baby.... - Page 15 Precio10

She/he is still being hand fed, she simply refuses to even look at seed your thawed corn, peas or anything! We do love our stubborn little mule though!

Another baby.... - Page 15 Precio11
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:19 am

Precious has turned into a beautiful bird. Her beak actually looks better to me than they way I remembered.
Don't give up hope on her learning to eat on her own. It could happen.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:24 am

She is beautiful Robin I love it/them Another baby.... - Page 15 983488 I love it/them

She sure doesn't look like she is missing any meals. How often do you have to feed her?

Louise
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:52 am

Matilda wrote:
Precious has turned into a beautiful bird. Her beak actually looks better to me than they way I remembered.
Don't give up hope on her learning to eat on her own. It could happen.

Thanks Charis Another baby.... - Page 15 983488 I keep my fingers crossed everytime we try to get her interested in solid food.

Jackie's Mom wrote:
She is beautiful Robin I love it/them Another baby.... - Page 15 983488 I love it/them

She sure doesn't look like she is missing any meals. How often do you have to feed her?

Louise

She is a bit thinner that what I like though, I like fat pigeons Happy I feed her AM & PM, I've tried skipping a meal to entice her to eat other food BUT she would starve! I just DON'T get it
So I'm resigned to handfeeding her. Disappointed
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 2:59 pm

Appreciate the updated photos of Precious, Robin. Another baby.... - Page 15 142829
She's adorable. Smile

Maybe one of these days, when you least expect it, she will dig into her deep dish of seeds and surprise both of you. Fingers crossed

Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 3:04 pm

I thought the day would never come when I could say that Precious doesn't want to be hand fed! Thrilled Its been about a week now that he has been eating on his own.
He must have learned from Indigo who is in the cage next to him.

I still worry that he's not eating enough, I felt his crop last night & it sure didn't feel like too many seeds were there Disappointed I have to just about hog tie him to get any formula down his throat though.

I know I'm just being a worried mom. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 3:23 pm

cheers ... Another baby.... - Page 15 116281

Wonderful news! Monitor the out put and you will know if the in take is adequate. Great job
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 7:58 pm

That's great news Robin Thrilled

It took a long time, but I just knew he could do it. Happy Dance YESS!!

Louise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another baby....
Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pigeon Angels :: Pigeons and Their Friends :: Baby Pigeons and Doves-
Jump to: