Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Another baby....

Go down 
+11
NiteOwl
rattyfied
AZJourney
Jackie\'s Mom
Joyfulsongtree
Teresa
priya
Matilda
AZWhitefeather
ThePigeonKid
EgypSwiftLady
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Another baby.... - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:22 am

I have been apply the 'Tough Love' for a week with no luck so we have gone back to hand feeding Another baby.... - Page 14 310554

I know she has the upper hand in this! Laughing
Another baby.... - Page 14 Little10

Anyway Precious took her first hop flight... from the small table by the computer to the bed next to her cage! She loves to snuggle on her heating pad. Another baby.... - Page 14 142829
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:37 am

I can just see Precious taking her debut mini flight. Those are so cute to watch. Another baby.... - Page 14 714583
They are so very proud of themselves. Great job

With reagrd to the feeding. Have you tried putting seeds in front of her and 'pecking' at them as if you were going to pick them up? If not, I would give that a try in addition to, and while you are, feeding her.
Please let us know how things are coming along.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:55 am

Fancyfeathers wrote:

With reagrd to the feeding. Have you tried putting seeds in front of her and 'pecking' at them as if you were going to pick them up? If not, I would give that a try in addition to, and while you are, feeding her.

We "Play" in her seed dish before every meal. She loves to "motor boat " through the seeds & pellets but never picks them up. I even have seeds/pellets on the floor of her cage. YUK I guess she has me trained quite well...

The only other feathered friend that I could put in with her is Raven, our ringneck dove, but she's busy sitting on her eggs.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:13 am

EgypSwiftLady wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:

We "Play" in her seed dish before every meal. She loves to "motor boat " through the seeds & pellets but never picks them up. I even have seeds/pellets on the floor of her cage. YUK I guess she has me trained quite well...

The only other feathered friend that I could put in with her is Raven, our ringneck dove, but she's busy sitting on her eggs.

I can just picture Precious 'motor boating' through her seeds. :That\\\'s so f
However, I wonder if she's learning that seeds are to play in rather than eat. Just a thought. Another baby.... - Page 14 106767

I can't remember how many times I would remind Sean that his food is to eat not play with. :For Shame:
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:59 am

She looks so little in that tall cage. That could double as a great flight cage if it was arranged long rather than tall. Idea/thought
Have you tried the defrosted peas to get her to eat?
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:50 am

Matilda wrote:
She looks so little in that tall cage. That could double as a great flight cage if it was arranged long rather than tall. Idea/thought
Have you tried the defrosted peas to get her to eat?

I know she looks like a speck in it. Laughing The cage was a donated ferret cage that came with another pigeon, which now lives in one of the lofts & has a mate.
Precious will & does have plenty of excerise out of the cage pigeon 1 , in fact it was so nice yesterday she spent to day outside while I worked in one of the gardens. :Yes:

Yep I've hand fed her thawed peas, corn & bits of carrots, she looks & pecks at them when I push them around but thats about it.
I've decided not to rush her, when she's ready she'll eat on her own. :Yes:
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:52 am

She'll probably figure it out when you are at the end of your wits. Another baby.... - Page 14 310554 ...
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:24 am

just a thought .... when Petrie our blind feral was small I had a heck of a time getting him to eat alone too... So when I started to switch him ......I started out with reg. bird seed .. tiny seeds... rather than the big seeds.. and he gobbled them up. Then I moved to dove seeds and last to pigeon mix. I also made them wet so it would stick to his beak... (((tricky tricky, but IT worked for us))
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:28 am

AZJourney wrote:
just a thought .... when Petrie our blind feral was small I had a heck of a time getting him to eat alone too... So when I started to switch him ......I started out with reg. bird seed .. tiny seeds... rather than the big seeds.. and he gobbled them up. Then I moved to dove seeds and last to pigeon mix. I also made them wet so it would stick to his beak... (((tricky tricky, but IT worked for us))

That was very good idea. Way To Go
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:10 am

Thanks for sharing your tips on feeding, Jenn. Another baby.... - Page 14 142829
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:16 am

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Thanks for sharing your tips on feeding, Jenn. Another baby.... - Page 14 142829

Your welcome. flower .. BUT as we all know.. each lil' fuzzie is different.. I was just desperate for him to eat ALONE! :That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:20 am

AZJourney wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:

Your welcome. flower .. BUT as we all know.. each lil' fuzzie is different.. I was just desperate for him to eat ALONE! :That\\\'s so f

This is true, but sharing our experiences offers others many options. Thrilled
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 7:27 pm

Robin............How is little Precious doing??? Is she eating on her own yet?

Would love to see some new Picture(s)/video when you have a chance.

Louise
Another baby.... - Page 14 789920
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:59 am

Jackie\'s Mom wrote:
Robin............How is little Precious doing??? Is she eating on her own yet?

Would love to see some new Picture(s)/video when you have a chance.

Louise

Precious is still being handfed twice a day Embarassed ... I know what y'all are going to say :For Shame:

She gets fed in the morning & a bit at night, off & on for the rest of the day we 'play' with the seeds. I have watched her picking & eating a few on her own but her weight drops if I don't handfeed her.

I tried to get another video of her but the battery went dead Seeing red/mad I'll try to get a new battery this week.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 9:10 am

EgypSwiftLady wrote:

Precious is still being handfed twice a day Embarassed ... I know what y'all are going to say :For Shame:

She gets fed in the morning & a bit at night, off & on for the rest of the day we 'play' with the seeds. I have watched her picking & eating a few on her own but her weight drops if I don't handfeed her.

I tried to get another video of her but the battery went dead Seeing red/mad I'll try to get a new battery this week.

We can only offer suggestions, but you are the one who is with Precious so what you feel is best to do, then that's what needs to be done. Wink I do hope she begins to eat on her own soon though.

We will be looking forward to an updated video of the little cutie. Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:56 am

Is she showing any teenage behavior yet?
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:00 pm

Sorry to hear that you are still hand feeding......but, also happy that she is eating a small amount of seeds on her own. YESS!! Little by little she will get it.

Are you planning to introduce her to your other Swifts?

Louise
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:33 am

Jackie\'s Mom wrote:
Sorry to hear that you are still hand feeding......but, also happy that she is eating a small amount of seeds on her own. YESS!! Little by little she will get it.

Are you planning to introduce her to your other Swifts?

Louise

All the animals around here have their own personalities so its no surprise that Precious is taking her time about eating her seeds Laughing We will just go at her pace... even if she seems to be milking the situation! That's too funny

Precious will live in the house until/ if she decides she wants to go out to be with the other pigeons. We are very flexible around here when it comes meeting the needs of the animals.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 7:46 pm

Robin............How is little Precious Circle of Love doing these days???

Is she eating on her own now??? Question

I guess she is almost full grown by now. I'd love to see Picture(s)/video a new picture of her when you have a chance.

Louise
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 8:16 am

Jackie\'s Mom wrote:

I guess she is almost full grown by now. I'd love to see Picture(s)/video a new picture of her when you have a chance.

Louise

Thank you for asking Louise Happy

Precious spent a couple days with another pigeon amd did learn to eat some but not enough.

I had to bring her back into the house becuase after the 3rd. day I noticed the older pigeon started bullying her.

So at this time she is back in the house in her cage being handfed once a day with plenty of seed & water available to her 24/7.

She now has her adult feathers & loves to stretch her wings but has yet to take her 1st. flight. I'll try to get a photo of her this wkend. :Yes:
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 8:49 am

Thank You for the update Robin.

I'm so happy to hear that Precious is well :Yes: and eating some on her own. YESS!!

She must be so beautiful now. Can't wait to see a picture. Picture(s)/video

She started out her life so disadvantaged and it has taken her extra time with all her accomplishments. I'm sure she will be flying before you know it.

So sorry the older bird was bullying her Very sad , but like most animals the stronger usually recognize the runts and tend to take advantage of them. I'm sure the right bird will come along that will be her perfect match and be gentle with her.

She would not be alive today if not for you. Pigeon angel You have done a wonderful job with her Way To Go

Louise
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 9:24 am

EgypSwiftLady wrote:

Jackie\'s Mom wrote:

Louise
Thank you for asking Louise Happy

Precious spent a couple days with another pigeon amd did learn to eat some but not enough.

I had to bring her back into the house becuase after the 3rd. day I noticed the older pigeon started bullying her.

So at this time she is back in the house in her cage being handfed once a day with plenty of seed & water available to her 24/7.

She now has her adult feathers & loves to stretch her wings but has yet to take her 1st. flight.
I'll try to get a photo of her this wkend. :Yes:

Appreciate the update, Robin. Smile
We will be looking forward to seeing a photo or two of the sweet Precious. Picture(s)/video
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:38 am

Another baby.... - Page 14 Precou10

As you can see her beak in crossed. She is now wears her adult feathers, but hasn't wanted to fly yet.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:45 am

She's adorable, Robin. Smile

How is she doing with her eating?
I wonder why she had no desire to try to fly. Another baby.... - Page 14 106767
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:05 am

She's still precious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another baby....
Page 14 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next