Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

The Story of Feisty McGee

Go down 
+6
Capuccino
Teresa
pigeonwriter
Matilda
AZWhitefeather
Jenaka
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

The Story of Feisty McGee Empty
PostSubject: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:18 pm

The Story of Feisty McGee Mcgee10
McGee was a stray bird found by someone who thought the bird was injured as he couldn't fly. The good Samaritan brought McGee to an animal hospital who in turn gave the bird to my friend Debbie, a wildlife rehabber. It turned out McGee wasn't injured at all, his wings were clipped! He was also completely hand tame and people bonded.

The Story of Feisty McGee Mcgee_10
I believe McGee was probably raised from a baby and then released into the wild by someone who really didn't know the right way to do that. He doesn't relate well with other pigeons and he really earns his name Feisty! He not afraid of anything! He would make an excellent guard pigeon!

The Story of Feisty McGee Mcgee_11
McGee has fallen in love with Miss Henny.

The Story of Feisty McGee 00910
He is very proud of his eggs and will sit on them for hours.

The Story of Feisty McGee Mcgee_12
In fact he's been known to kick poor Henny off the nest so he can sit on them even longer!

The Story of Feisty McGee Mcgee_13
I have been trying to get McGee used to real pigeons and have introduced him to a couple of real hens, but no luck so far. He thinks he owns the place and all interloper pigeons must be run off. We are still working on it.

Here is a short video of McGee and his lovely Miss Henny.
I love it/them
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/PigeonFriend
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:24 pm

McGee is wonderful, Jen.
It's lucky a good samaritan found him.
Having his wings clipped certainly would have made it difficult for him to have escaped a predator, of any kind.

Your video is priceless!! The Story of Feisty McGee 52853
Thank you so much for sharing McGee and Miss Henny with us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:33 pm

Jen...he looks like quite a handful. Shock He's quite handsome.
He does seem frustrated that Miss Henny doesn't react to him. As we talked last night, I do think you should remove Miss Henny and give him the opportunity to grieve her loss and then see what he does with the little hen you told me about.
It isn't unusual for male Pigeons to fool around when their mate is on the nest. If he thinks of Miss Henny as his mate, he won't committ to another unless she is gone.
Back to top Go down
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:48 pm

Matilda wrote:
Jen...he looks like quite a handful. Shock He's quite handsome.
He does seem frustrated that Miss Henny doesn't react to him. As we talked last night, I do think you should remove Miss Henny and give him the opportunity to grieve her loss and then see what he does with the little hen you told me about.
It isn't unusual for male Pigeons to fool around when their mate is on the nest. If he thinks of Miss Henny as his mate, he won't committ to another unless she is gone.
I'll Take Miss Henny away. The thing is though, he thinks anyone and everyone is his mate! Embarassed Laughing No one is safe around Feisty McGee!
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 6:55 am

Jen, as funny as this is I agree totally to what Charis said. You should give lovely McGee the opportunity to bond to a real mate and behave like a normal pigeon guy again.
I can never understand why someone would clip the wings of a healthy bird. :For Shame: This is truly the wrong way of animal love. Evil, wrong doing

Will he ever be able to fly again? I really hope so. This is what birds love doing most and you can see their joy doing so.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 7:11 am

Matilda wrote:

It isn't unusual for male Pigeons to fool around when their mate is on the nest.

Oh my Charis, you are talking about something here. Our Pete, the patriarch, is taking the wrong road currently - I have never seen him doing this before - but apparently he gave in to his hormones and while Emma is sitting on her plaster eggs he lured one of the dark, nearly black pigeon ladies into one of the small nests which are in pigeon city Heaven help me . And then I even saw him having sex with the black lady right in the middle of the balustrade where everyone could see it Shock What a jerk Seeing red/mad

The funny thing was that Willy - his son - did not like this at all. He came running and threw Pete literally from the other pigeon lady or should I rather say slut... ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 12:04 pm

pigeonwriter wrote:
Jen, as funny as this is I agree totally to what Charis said. You should give lovely McGee the opportunity to bond to a real mate and behave like a normal pigeon guy again.
I can never understand why someone would clip the wings of a healthy bird. :For Shame: This is truly the wrong way of animal love. Evil, wrong doing

Will he ever be able to fly again? I really hope so. This is what birds love doing most and you can see their joy doing so.
I've had McGee for a while and he's molted out and can fly perfectly fine now. I didn't have any hens for him during that time and he was lonely so he took up with Henny. I only recently got an unattached hen and will try to get them to pair up.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:22 pm

What a pigeon! Love the pure attitude look in his eyes.
I hope he can get over Miss Henny and will meet Miss Right instead. Circle of Love Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Capuccino

Capuccino

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 4:57 pm

He is a sweetie Laughing

Behaves like our 'Flakey' did when we gave him a Serenity Dove toy - but Flakey did eventually pair up with a real pigeon, so there's always hope
Back to top Go down
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~pidgie/index.htm
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:07 am

Well, I took McGee's chicken toy away. I started to bring him out to the loft a little each day so he could get used to the other birds out there. I then began to leave him out there overnight. At first he was doing really well. He picked a nest box out and marched around in it all day long. He visited the aviary and seemed to be quite happy. After a bit, Linda the Uzbek tumbler started hanging out with him in the aviary and then to visit his box. She tried to anyway. She watched McGee closely, then would fly to join him in his box. McGee would then promptly throw her out of it! Disappointed One day I watched her fly to the box over and over and he just kept throwing her out. Seeing red/mad Finally she gave up and then went to another male ( Misty) who she settled down with. This is the third hen I've tried McGee with and none have worked out. I just don't know what to do with him. I have NO idea
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 7:39 am

It sounds like McGee just hasn't found his 'true' love yet.
I'm glad Linda found companionship with Misty. The Story of Feisty McGee 458406
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 9:01 am

Is he still in the loft?
Back to top Go down
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:14 pm

Matilda wrote:
Is he still in the loft?
I took him out shortly after that. He was causing problems, chasing, picking fights, hopping from box to box. He bow coos non stop to anybody and everyone, including me. He will even flirt with a water bottle. It's like he doesn't know what to do next. He seems very dysfunctional. :(
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:25 pm

Poor guy. Having a bad day You better give him his chicken back.
Back to top Go down
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 9:46 pm

Well, I have some good news about McGee finally. I tried him again in the loft. This time one of my oops babies started to show interest in him. She would watch him and follow him around. Today McGee was cooing and carrying on in a nest box. She would go to the door and he would chase her away, just like before. But at one point, McGee went to a corner of the nest box and bowed down, cooing softly. And she joined him! She started to preen his neck and he was just in heaven! YESS!! At dusk they were still snuggled together in the box. Maybe McGee was just being picky? Oh brother Laughing The only problem is the oops baby is kind of young but they look so happy together. She's a big girl, mostly white with cream markings. She has a slight resemblance to Miss Henny, McGee's chicken. Perhaps he has a thing for a big white hens? LOL He sure didn't like Linda the redhead. That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:45 pm

Your post has made my day. LOL Congratulations all around.
Back to top Go down
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 1:51 pm

McGee and his girl spent some time alone in the aviary today. Tickled Pink

The Story of Feisty McGee 00710

The Story of Feisty McGee 00911
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 1:53 pm

My Mica acted this way for a while. Our beautiful Autumn was interested in him, and he would chase her around trying to impress, but then wouldn't allow her into his box. He'd throw her out. He too was fighting with everyone. Thank goodness, he finally paired up with her, and they are a mated pair now. Had to give her credit for being so persistant. I'm glad yours have finally found a mate. He's a very pretty little bird.

She's pretty. They make a cute couple.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 2:08 pm

The Story of Feisty McGee 142829 Great update, Jen.
They are a very good looking couple.

I hope everything works out for them. The Story of Feisty McGee 588547
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 2:13 pm

They are on a bath date it looks like...love the pictures. They are very cute. I'll be following this story closely. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 12:10 am

These two have really been enjoying each others company. They like to peck at the millet spray together. Happy

Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 1:26 am

Great to see McGee, 'the fiesty' finally paired up LOL They sure make a lovely couple I love it/them
It had me in splits when i read how he took to the white hen because she kind of resembled Miss Henny and how he hates redheads ROTFL
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 6:44 am

Cute video, Jen. Let's see a little peck at the seeds and then a little peck at McGee. The Story of Feisty McGee 893919
Thanks for sharing it with us.

I'm going to look for some of that Millet spray. It might be something my guys would enjoy. The Story of Feisty McGee 641122
Back to top Go down
rattyfied
Special Pigeon Angel
rattyfied

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 7:14 am

they're lovely Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rattyfied/sets/
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 9:32 am

The Story of Feisty McGee 106767 I just think Feisty McGee wanted a young "trophy" hen and now he found her. The Story of Feisty McGee 106767

Another wonderful story. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Feisty McGee   The Story of Feisty McGee Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Story of Feisty McGee
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next