Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

We may have found a PMV pigeon

Go down 
+6
Joyfulsongtree
AZJourney
Matilda
spdevanand
AZWhitefeather
priya
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:29 pm

Back to top Go down
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:04 pm

Matilda wrote:
I believe that by the time many of these creatures cross your path Priya and Dev, they are already very ill. Still, I see you both do everything in your power, out of love and kindness to save them. I love you both so much for that and it hurts me to see you in such pain when you have done everything possible.

Thank you Smile It would have not been possible without all your help and support.
Back to top Go down
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:08 pm

Matilda wrote:
Do you have anything like this available in India?

http://www.7gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/pet-carrier-322261zzi2.jpg

Charis,

Yes, these are available at the pet shops here. I do have two cages (not like the one in above snap) and around 3 cardboard boxes which I have converted to a cage, so I am able to manage with those. No matter what I do, Mito wants to find that out, no matter what Mito does, Sia wants to find that out I have NO idea why are they like that.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:21 pm

The reason I asked is because those pet carriers are a good way to confine a sick bird and also a good thing to take on a rescue. I didn't know if you had them and if not I was going to send you one which is something I can still do.

Some of my Pigeons know to go to their cage when it's time to sleep but honestly, other than night time, they would rather be out too. The cages that I have found to work well for Pigeons are
used for smaller birds , as a flight cage. With a few modifications, they work well for Pigeons because they are long rather than tall. Pigeons like the width rather than the heigth. Still, they are big enough so that a shelf, for roosting, can be attaced at one end. It is under the shelf that I place food and water because there it is least likely to get pooped into. On the upper level, I hang a mirror, at one end of the shelf so the Pigeon can admire it's sweet self. Always, I palce a brick on the floor of the cage as Pigeon really love to stand on bricks.
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:40 am

Sorry friends, we couldn't post any updates. Pepper, the other kitten too passed away today morning Very sad They suffered a lot Very sad We are completely broken and shattered. Dev will get back once he can. The pigeon is same as yesterday. Dev has been hand feeding it.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:47 am

Oh, Priya, I am so very sorry. Very sad Very sad Very sad
Life can really be unfair sometimes. JMO Disappointed

Bless his heart. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:51 am

Fancyfeathers wrote:

It has really really been unfair for those sweet souls Cindy Very sad I don't know why they had to undergo this...they were hardly 8 weeks old Very sad The worst thing is we were all so helpless...nobody knew what was wrong Very sad The Vets tried their best but couldn't understand what went wrong with them and no medicines worked.

Atleast these babies could have been spared the torture they under went...i have never seen such pain for such tiny souls Very sad We finally prayed they get taken away soon Very sad
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:20 am

priya wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:

It has really really been unfair for those sweet souls Cindy Very sad I don't know why they had to undergo this...they were hardly 8 weeks old Very sad The worst thing is we were all so helpless...nobody knew what was wrong Very sad The Vets tried their best but couldn't understand what went wrong with them and no medicines worked.

Atleast these babies could have been spared the torture they under went...i have never seen such pain for such tiny souls Very sad
We finally prayed they get taken away soon Very sad

I totally understand, Priya. And it is very sad. Very sad
Back to top Go down
Joyfulsongtree
Guardian Angel
Joyfulsongtree

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:14 am

First thing I thought of after seeing those wing growths was Paratyphoid - Salmonellosis, since some birds with this may develop wing boils and/or the "twisting neck" that're more commonly associated with PMV...
(also because these don't look quite like the Pox boils that I've seen).

Priya and Dev, I am so sorry for your heartbreak, bless you for trying. You are both wonderful.

Best wishes,

Last edited by Joyfulsongtree on Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:20 am

priya wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:
Oh, Priya, I am so very sorry. We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 319297 We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 319297 We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 319297
Life can really be unfair sometimes. JMO We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_cry

Bless his heart. We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 588547
It has really really been unfair for those sweet souls Cindy We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 319297 I don't know why they had to undergo this...they were hardly 8 weeks old We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 319297 The worst thing is we were all so helpless...nobody knew what was wrong We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 319297 The Vets tried their best but couldn't understand what went wrong with them and no medicines worked.

Atleast these babies could have been spared the torture they under went...i have never seen such pain for such tiny souls We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 319297 We finally prayed they get taken away soon We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 319297

It's really hard when they are babies that didn't have a chance and you are powerless to help them. We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 319297
Back to top Go down
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:28 am

Yeah, it is really painful and not able express the pain in words :(
Back to top Go down
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:31 am

Matilda wrote:
The reason I asked is because those pet carriers are a good way to confine a sick bird and also a good thing to take on a rescue. I didn't know if you had them and if not I was going to send you one which is something I can still do.

Some of my Pigeons know to go to their cage when it's time to sleep but honestly, other than night time, they would rather be out too. The cages that I have found to work well for Pigeons are
used for smaller birds , as a flight cage. With a few modifications, they work well for Pigeons because they are long rather than tall. Pigeons like the width rather than the heigth. Still, they are big enough so that a shelf, for roosting, can be attaced at one end. It is under the shelf that I place food and water because there it is least likely to get pooped into. On the upper level, I hang a mirror, at one end of the shelf so the Pigeon can admire it's sweet self. Always, I palce a brick on the floor of the cage as Pigeon really love to stand on bricks.

Thanks again Charis for offering this. These cages are available here and I will be able to pick one Smile you are very right about their behavior. I will try keeping a brick in Mito's place and see how he likes it.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:55 am

spdevanand wrote:
Yeah, it is really painful and not able express the pain in words :(.
Group hug
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:16 am

So very sorry Very sad Very sad Very sad to hear about your kittens deaths. Yes - it is so very unfair and I don't understand myself why innocent animals have to suffer so much sometimes. I hope very much that someone is able to find out what your little new rescue is suffering from and can cure it. Continue with your love and care as always. These ill creatures find you because they have no-one else to find and even if they are doomed to die despite all your love you cannot do anything about it. But your soul will be blessed and the one who lives up there does know it what you do and why you do it.

Try to soothen the pain you feel. Let it go otherwise it will make you both sick. You have to find a way to cope with the pain. Maybe that's the task you have to fulfill in your life. We have so many questions but most of the time we have to find the answers ourselves.
Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:10 am

pigeonwriter wrote:
So very sorry Very sad Very sad Very sad to hear about your kittens deaths. Yes - it is so very unfair and I don't understand myself why innocent animals have to suffer so much sometimes. I hope very much that someone is able to find out what your little new rescue is suffering from and can cure it. Continue with your love and care as always. These ill creatures find you because they have no-one else to find and even if they are doomed to die despite all your love you cannot do anything about it. But your soul will be blessed and the one who lives up there does know it what you do and why you do it.

Try to soothen the pain you feel. Let it go otherwise it will make you both sick. You have to find a way to cope with the pain. Maybe that's the task you have to fulfill in your life. We have so many questions but most of the time we have to find the answers ourselves.
Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love

Thanks for your caring words. At the end of it, we are trying to console ourself that those poor kittens were relieved from the cruel pain.
Back to top Go down
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:22 am

Just an update on birdie. After more inspection, I found that the "pox" like mark on his wing was a half-broken feather. I really donno how it could get a single feather cut in such a way Very sad He could drink water from a bowl. When I offered him some grains to peck from floor, he was trying to peck but that is when his head was tossing back in a very bad way Very sad He is able to walk, tries to fly at low level. I started with baytril today.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:39 am

Hi Dev, Hi there/Bye
Just a thought, you might want to put the seeds in small, but deep dish.
They are usually able to pick up at least some of them that way. Smile
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:41 am

Good idea, Cindy. We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 142829
Back to top Go down
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:54 am

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Hi Dev, Hi there/Bye
Just a thought, you might want to put the seeds in small, but deep dish.
They are usually able to pick up at least some of them that way. Smile

Sure Cindy, I will try that out Smile He really gives me hard time when I try to handfeed him. I have not faced such difficulties with Mito or Sia in the past. I literally have to push the seeds deep into his throat, otherwise he tries to shake his head and throw it out Very sad I already checked his beaks and there is no visible blockage and his throat is dark pinkish in color. I am just hoping that I am not hurting him.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:22 am

Dev...eventually he will figure out you are helping him. He must be very confused about what is happening to him right now.
If it helps, you can put him in the arm of a long sleaved shirt, with his head sticking out where the wrist of a human would be. That will help confine him, keep his wiongs from flapping, without hurting him.
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:51 am

Thank you Carol, Cindy, Charis, Petra and all the angels for your sweet and comforting words. It definitely helps us to cope with the pain. Petra you are right...we need to find a way to let the pain go Disappointed Dev is already down with fever since yesterday.

The new birdie is same as yesterday. As Dev mentioned, gives him a tough time while feeding. It just doesn't swallow inspite of him pushing it deep inside..we hope it is just a matter of not trusting him and not some other pain it is suffering from, due to which it is unable to swallow Very sad

He gave it some yoghurt today...he will be back with more updates...
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:59 am

Thank You for the update, Priya.

"Dev, you take care o f yourself." Wink You too, Priya. Wink

Positive thoughts continue. :Yes:
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:31 pm

Dev and Priya, if your new rescue is so very much fighting against being fed you might switch to fluid nutrition for a few days. Baby cereal helps to get the bird the necessary calories and the feeding goes quickly. Much less stress for the bird and for you. Normal 10 ml syringe with a piece of plastic tube works perfectly. See what I am using:

We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 1223x0033tubefeeding1

the tube I am using I bought in a DIY store as "yardware" and if you don't have such a store I am sure you get it at tools stores in India. I just cut it with a knife to the right length. And it's cheap!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:02 am

pigeonwriter wrote:
Dev and Priya, if your new rescue is so very much fighting against being fed you might switch to fluid nutrition for a few days. Baby cereal helps to get the bird the necessary calories and the feeding goes quickly. Much less stress for the bird and for you. Normal 10 ml syringe with a piece of plastic tube works perfectly. See what I am using:

the tube I am using I bought in a DIY store as "yardware" and if you don't have such a store I am sure you get it at tools stores in India. I just cut it with a knife to the right length. And it's cheap!

Thanks a bunch for that information Smile He is getting used to me now and not fighting much against me Smile I will definitely use this when he or any other bird is refusing to eat Laughing
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:12 am

How's he doing, Dev?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We may have found a PMV pigeon
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next