Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

We may have found a PMV pigeon

Go down 
+6
Joyfulsongtree
AZJourney
Matilda
spdevanand
AZWhitefeather
priya
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:56 am

Nesporin won't hurt. A picture would be helpful. Have the symptoms subsided?
Back to top Go down
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:02 am

Matilda wrote:
Nesporin won't hurt. A picture would be helpful. Have the symptoms subsided?

Thanks Charis, will apply neosporin. I will get a picture as soon as possible. I feel he is much better. He keeps his head straight (earlier he used slightly bend towards the side). He tries to push me and run away. He definitely has got more energy. Since I am out most of the time, I am not able to observe his behavior closer. I am planning to leave some seeds in his bowl and see if he is able to peck them. I will keep you all updated.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:09 am

spdevanand wrote:

Another update on Birdie. He is more active and I feel he has got more energy. I was inspecting his tumor but it looks like the the hard, dark, dried part on top is no longer there. I can see the skin and a bit of pus under the skip. I am confused if it is a tumor or a wound that is getting healed confused

I am thinking of applying neosporin on it. Is it safe / helpful? What do you guys suggest?

I am not able to get a snap right now, as I need someone to help me with the camera while I am holding the bird. But I will get a snap as soon as possible.

That's great, Dev. We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 142829

If you do decide to apply some neosporin, it's recommended to use the cream, rather than the ointment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:19 am

Fancyfeathers wrote:
spdevanand wrote:

Another update on Birdie. He is more active and I feel he has got more energy. I was inspecting his tumor but it looks like the the hard, dark, dried part on top is no longer there. I can see the skin and a bit of pus under the skip. I am confused if it is a tumor or a wound that is getting healed We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Confused

I am thinking of applying neosporin on it. Is it safe / helpful? What do you guys suggest?

I am not able to get a snap right now, as I need someone to help me with the camera while I am holding the bird. But I will get a snap as soon as possible.

That's great, Dev. We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 142829

If you do decide to apply some neosporin, it's recommended to use the cream, rather than the ointment.

That's exactely right, but if you don't have the cream , use the other very sparingly by dabbing it on the area with a Qtip. The concern is to keep oily greesey substances off the feathers.
Back to top Go down
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:39 am

Sure, thanks Cindy and Charis.
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:30 am

We are sorry guys..there hasn't been updates about the pijjie (we've named him Ram Smile ) as Dev was swamped with work and had to be out of station for a day on work too. He will be getting back with updates once he gets hold on time.

Meanwhile from me: Ram is stable, showing signs of improvement. He keeps his head stable, earlier he used to kind of keep it tilted. He is more active. We have to monitor if he still has those head twistings when he tries to peck food. As of now Dev is continuing to hand feed him both food and water. He is still on Baytril. I guess 22nd will be the 14th day and we intend to stop Baytril then.

We are only worried about the wound/tumor. It looked quite wet and pus like Disappointed Dev will be posting a picture of the area as soon as he can. Hope that heals fast.

Dev also feeds him curd daily. He is kept in a cage separated from Mito and Sia. He wants to come out and explore Smile but that will need time. As of now he needs to recover completely.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:19 am

We so appreciate the update, Priya as I know you both are busy.
Will be looking forward to seeing a photo of the tumor when time permits for Dev.
Back to top Go down
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:21 am

Hey Guys,

I managed to get the pics. I used neosporin for three days but not much of change.. I am very much worried what medicine I can use now :( Please take a look at this pic.

We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Dsc00414

Can you guys please help me on what I can do next? Apart from this, the bird is active. He is able to peck the seeds from bowl. I am still continuing Baytril & yogurt.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:02 am

Dev...I don't know.... maybe nothing for a couple of days to see if it dries. How is his balance now? Are you still seeing neurlogical symptoms?
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:39 pm

That doesn't resemble the 'tumors' on Kim's bird.
Wasn't it more black/scabby looking in your original photos, Dev?

I'm wondering if this might be an abscess of some kind? We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 106767
Back to top Go down
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 8:10 pm

Chars: Even I felt the same and stopped neosporin yesterday. I will give it some more time and see if it dries up. I could not spend more time with him because of my work, but during this weekend, I will be able to monitor it closely and let you know how he is. From what ever I have seen, he is more strong and walks inside the cage without loosing his balance. He even pecks his food provided no one watches him Smile so I need to go away after keeping the food, he will then peck it.

Cindy:You are right, in the original photo it was a very black and dry but it turned out to be what it is now Very sad I can only see the pus formed there.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 8:24 pm

Dev...is that sore where the black lump was located?
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:23 pm

Matilda wrote:

I believe it was. I remembered it being black and kind of scabby. Dev confirmed that.

spdevanand wrote:

Cindy:You are right, in the original photo it was a very black and dry but it turned out to be what it is now Very sad I can only see the pus formed there.

I'm thinking this isn't what Kim's bird had.

The presence of pus would indicate to me that there is a possible infection going on.
If you cup your hand over the area, does it seem warm, Dev?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:33 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Matilda wrote:

I believe it was. I remembered it being black and kind of scabby. Dev confirmed that.

spdevanand wrote:

Cindy:You are right, in the original photo it was a very black and dry but it turned out to be what it is now We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 319297 I can only see the pus formed there.

I'm thinking this isn't what Kim's bird had.

The presence of pus would indicate to me that there is a possible infection going on.
If you cup your hand over the area, does it seem warm, Dev?

I'm thinking that too. I'm thinking the bird needs to see a vet.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:36 pm

Dev...bird pus isn't like human pus...it's hard and so it doesn't come to a head the way a wound would do on a human. The bird may need to be put under an anesthetic and have the pus cleaned out of the wound.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:37 pm

I've not read much about this being done on a pigeon, but couldn't one put a warm compress on the site to see if it would draw any infection to the surface? Hmmm
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:39 pm

We were posting at the same time, Charis, and I just read yours, so my thought wouldn't apply in this case.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:40 pm

I think it needs to be checked by a vet given the make up of bird pus.

It's good you have the bird on baytril.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:42 pm

We'll be looking forward to an update. Smile
I hope the little one does OK.
Back to top Go down
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:28 am

Thanks Cindy and Charis. I am also worried about how better the vets here can handle this problem :( but in anycase I will take this birdie and have it inspected by the vet. I hope things go well. Will keep you updated.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:00 am

spdevanand wrote:
Thanks Cindy and Charis. I am also worried about how better the vets here can handle this problem :( but in anycase I will take this birdie and have it inspected by the vet.

* I hope things go well.

** Will keep you updated.

* I do as well, Dev. High 5 Will be thinking positive thoughts. Smile

** We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 142829
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:04 am

Dev...please try to find a vet that has experience treating birds. I don't think a vet that is inexoperienced with birds, would know what to do.
Back to top Go down
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:23 am

Matilda wrote:
Dev...please try to find a vet that has experience treating birds. I don't think a vet that is inexoperienced with birds, would know what to do.

Charis, even I am very much worried about getting a better vet here Very sad Vets here (at India) are good with Dogs and upto some level with cats but just not with birds. I will try my level best do have this shown to a vet, I don't think I have any other options left out. Feel terrible to see this bird in this condition.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:34 am

What about that bird hospital...I know it's not near you but could you contact them and ask if they know of a good vet in your area? I don't know how things work in India so excuse me if the former is not a good approach.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:36 am

Anyone on the list here? Can the veterinary college help or make a referral?

https://pij-n-angels.forumotion.net/pigeon-resources-f8/matilda-s-list-india-t302.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We may have found a PMV pigeon
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next